Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• With my wife....

Very cool. I never got a chance to eat there when it was open way-back-when, and I've regretted not being able to give it a try.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    They did a mini-version of this at DisneyQuest - - via individual simulators. It was really fun! I wish they could do a version for mass consumption!
    Yeah, I did that in Chicago, it was loads of fun! Disneyquest had some really AMAZING stuff. Now if they could only do that in Inoventions...

• behind the curtain

If it's still going according to schedule, I believe that it's supposed to be opening back up in five weeks as its old self.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Very cool. I never got a chance to eat there when it was open way-back-when, and I've regretted not being able to give it a try.
    Well, by "old" I mean as it was before the refurb, not as it was as a restaurant. Sorry for being a bit unclear there.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreamer
    If it's still going according to schedule, I believe that it's supposed to be opening back up in five weeks as its old self.
    i sure hope so. the Tahitian Terrace was paradise!

• /sigh

Cool pic! So, will it go back to this, or continue with the Aladdin theme?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Cool pic! So, will it go back to this, or continue with the Aladdin theme?
    Based on the audition notice I saw, I believe it'll be the same Aladdin show as it was before the refurb started.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Based on the audition notice I saw, I believe it'll be the same Aladdin show as it was before the refurb started.
    Never seeing this show, was it any good?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Never seeing this show, was it any good?
    It was cute for kids, mine like it because they can be "part of the show" My son got to be "in it" last time we were there and he talked about it for days.

But, I would much rather see a Tahitian Terrace type of restaurant there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    It was cute for kids, mine like it because they can be "part of the show" My son got to be "in it" last time we were there and he talked about it for days.

But, I would much rather see a Tahitian Terrace type of restaurant there.
    (i think cuzco may have been asking about Tahitian Terrace show) yes, it was awesome!!

sorry i missed seeing him "in the show". that would have been so awesome to see him...and YOU reacting to him "on stage". tell the guys hello!

on the other hand, sipping a nice cocktail with YOU during a warm summer evening under the banyon tree at the Terrace, while half-clad men dance to tribal drums and dazzle us with fire and tanned hula girls mesmerize the audience from behind the waterfalls...and the sounds of Adventureland surround us (and an occasional gun-shot in the distance LOL) sounds like paradise to me, baby.

[insert cocktail smilie here]

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    OK sorry just got done studyin gmy spanish homework lemme get this straight, there will be an Aladdin type show w/o the eatery? Also at the same time acros the esplanade is Aladdin the musical? Am I wrong or does that seem a bit too much?

"This guy!"

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    OK sorry just got done studyin gmy spanish homework lemme get this straight, there will be an Aladdin type show w/o the eatery? Also at the same time acros the esplanade is Aladdin the musical? Am I wrong or does that seem a bit too much?
    Yup... and that's the way its been for awhile now, actually. I agree, it does seem a bit much. But as an Aladdin fan, I'm not complaining.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    sorry i missed seeing him "in the show". that would have been so awesome to see him...and YOU reacting to him "on stage". tell the guys hello!

on the other hand, sipping a nice cocktail with YOU during a warm summer evening under the banyon tree at the Terrace, while half-clad men dance to tribal drums and dazzle us with fire and tanned hula girls mesmerize the audience from behind the waterfalls...and the sounds of Adventureland surround us (and an occasional gun-shot in the distance LOL) sounds like paradise to me, baby.

[insert cocktail smilie here]

Aww he would've loved for you to have been there. And honeythat sounds like paradise to me too Defintely what this sick girl needed to here!!!
    {insert big hug smilie here}

• Walt Disney Disciple

I loved the Aladdin show

First off, I'd sure love a return of the Tahitian Terrace.

But, I had the pleasure of attending this show last year with my six year old son and we loved it. There was plenty of subtle adult humor and I really liked the show.

But they barely advertise what this is... I don't even think it is on the maps. Which is a shame because it is certainly a million times better than that Club Buzz crap at Tomorrowland.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Aww he would've loved for you to have been there. And honeythat sounds like paradise to me too Defintely what this sick girl needed to here!!!
    {insert big hug smilie here}
    so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. instead of chicken soup, i send you:

Haunaela Teriyaki Ame Opae Polenekia
    top sirloin steak marinated in Kikkoman teriyaki sauce, tempura shrimp, served with Polynesian vegatables, rice almondine and fresh pineapple
    I Pu Ki
    hot tea

and your choice of

Niu Painaapala Hau Aikalima
    coconut pineapple ice cream

or

Okolehao Mea Ono and Kope
    rum cake and coffee

now imagine this sitting under the summer evening stars, nestled beneath the tumbling waterfall which forms a curtain of cascading water with leaping flames of fire burning on the water...then the falls magically draw aside and out from behind the mist, sarong clad natives appear to perform the swaying rhythms and amazing rituals of the islands... the hypnotic bare-foot fire walk and thrilling fire-knife dance...the traditional grass skirted twist of Samoa, Tahiti and Hawaii.

feel a little better now? take care sweetie!

((((hugs to dsnylndmom))))

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast