Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• What have I done?

WOW and the Tehitian Terrace was removed why now?

Although Im sure if it were still up and running today well it would have been shutdown already due to it not being PC enough (i.e. girls in hula skirts).

"This guy!"

• /sigh

Wow, the Tehitian Terrace sounded wonderful! I wish I had a chance to visit (or at least not that I remembered to have). Tis too bad they took it out. However, I absolutely love Aladdin, so I disagree that it would be "overdone" because of the musical accross the park. Two completely different "environments". This would be just another great themed area to visit in Adventureland, which would fit quite nicely, I say.

But either way, if they put back TT or Aladdin...I would be happy. Something else to do there.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Baybeh!

Enough room for an Aladin dark ride there?

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    Enough room for an Aladin dark ride there?
    I wish! *dreams of an animatronic Aladdin* But with the Jungle Cruise right behind it, there's really not enough room for a dark ride building, I don't think.

A friend of mine one suggested that they could build a great indoor coaster based on the carpet flight out of the Cave of Wonders, but that most certainly wouldn't fit.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    I wish! *dreams of an animatronic Aladdin* But with the Jungle Cruise right behind it, there's really not enough room for a dark ride building, I don't think.

A friend of mine one suggested that they could build a great indoor coaster based on the carpet flight out of the Cave of Wonders, but that most certainly wouldn't fit.
    You are right. And I'd have to chain myself to the Jungle Cruise if they ever decided to remove it. Just one of the 5 sacred attractions for me...

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    You are right. And I'd have to chain myself to the Jungle Cruise if they ever decided to remove it. Just one of the 5 sacred attractions for me...
    True...I wouldn't want to give up anything in that genral area either. Too bad there's no room to expand.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Banned User

hmm.. what about all the old aladin thigns from DQ in chicago.. i know DLP got the coaster attraction at WDS.... Do they still have the carpet ride?? That was fun at DQ....

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

The Tahitian Terrace was absolutly WONDERFUL! I truly miss the days and mostly the nights of having a great teriyaki meal and watching the dancers and fire-walkers. The food rivaled Blue Bayou and it was just pure Disney magic.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Was the story time the same as the princesses? Did Al and Jas sit and tell the story? Does anyone have pics?

• Disneyland Freak

Not too many pictures but that's because nothing really happens. They tell the story of Aladdin with minimal props and audience interaction. It's similar to the Club Buzz show sans the loud music and hand puppet aliens.

http://hop.to/DCE/aladdinstory.html
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Is it starting March 12th?

they (we) are doing a full refurb on the venue.. same show, a few adds.. the tree is gone to be replaced with a themed tent.. thats about it

oh, and its not my area, but i have heard food and drink is gone

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I was really wishing that they would bring back some sort of show and dinner to this area, The three wishes were fun. Or they could turn it into some sort of Arabian Adventurers Club! That way you could have lunch served anytime, with some of those fun interactions with the "Club Members". Just keeping it as a story telling time for kids really under utilizes the whole refurbishment idea.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I don't think there is room for a ride. But there is plenty of space for 2 lunch and 2 dinner show seatings.
    Since you all seem to want an attraction placed there and there isn't any room, I have an idea! You know the little buggy that Yzma and Kronk get into on their way to the "secret lab" before they change Kuzco? They get in, a voice tells them to remain seated with their hands, arms, and legs inside at all times, and then they drop and swirl down, down, down. In the end they are in their lab coats. Why not just do that? Haha. Or maybe that would be too thrill seaking. Not to mention the amount Disney would loose on the lab coats.

Although I do love The Emperor's New Groove, this won't work. Wish something could. I'm sure David Spade would like the work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast