Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 4/12: Pirate's Lair, Mania!, Subs, merch, 'First 50 Years' revisit,+MORE

Just two days later, and I've got another update! Enjoy

Feedback is greatly appreciated - and if you have any requests for my next update, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND

The wind was a' blowin' today (later resulting in a cancelled fireworks show, despite the winds having settled down at ground level)

Abominable Snowman noted this in his most recent update - but the Dentist office door has been repainted (I also posed a picture of it in the process of getting some TLC in my 4/5 Update)

The Dapper Dans were performing inside the Main Street shops. Very cool.

SUBMARINE VOYAGE
    Some hoses going up to the waterfalls...

As many others have shared - Seagulls.

The Lagoon after dark:

PIRATE'S STUNT LAIR
    The Pirate's Lair seems to be kicking into high gear - more and more stuff is showing up on the front of the Island, and it looks like more and more work is being done...

A new metal pole was installed on the front of the Island, with a wire going to the new Mast. All most likely for the new stunt show coming to the Island May 25.

The new shed, cabin, whatever it is in Frontierland near the petting zoo is coming along nicely...

WALLPAPER GALLERY
    New wallpaper and/or carpet was installed in the Disney Gallery master bedroom, thus explaining the recent closure. The room still smells like wallpaper glue.. or is that the new carpet? Don't know, but it sure looks good. The room's exhibit is essentially the same.

The formal dining room is still closed, however.

MIDWAY/TOY STORY MANIA! - AFTER DARK
    The work lights were on at the Toy Story Mania! construction site...

NEW WOMEN'S APPAREL & OTHER MERCH
    To match the men's apparel featuring this design, theres a new women's polo:

Detail:

Theres a new line of embroidered floral shirts featuring different characters and different colors:

And theres a new line of these shirts, too, featuring different sketched characters at the bottom. The shirts come in different colors depending on which character you choose. Here's the Tinkerbell one:

And I thought this was interesting: Kingdom Couture/Vault 28 branded clothing is being sold in DCA now. Same prices; I think the pink shirt in the photo was $78. Ouch. The shirt is far from the camera to show location; this was in Treasures in Paradise in Paradise Pier.

A cool new line of Mickey Mouse photo albums and scrapbooking materials has been released. This is in the back room of the Main Street Photo Supply shop.

Photo Album:

Inside the Photo Album:

Small album:

Scrapbook kit - stickers, pages, etc:

REVISITING DISNEYLAND - THE FIRST 50 MAGICAL YEARS
    Some detail shots of the 50 First Magical Years exhibit...

THIS & THAT...
    The winds weren't kind to the lights in Paradise Pier:

Interesting...

Kids were climbing on the rocks in Ariel's Grotto... at the directions of their parents seeking a good photo. I wonder what they would have done if one of those kids had fallen into the water with King Triton. Definately not safe!

New yellow/golden neon on the Monorail sign:

I love the lighting over here!

Fin.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/12: Pirate's Lair, Mania!, Subs, merch, 'First 50 Years' revisit,+

Sweet!

I wonder when they will start setting up the big screen for POTC movie premiere?
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/12: Pirate's Lair, Mania!, Subs, merch, 'First 50 Years' revisit,+

Great pics! Thanks so much for all the work you do to keep us updated!

Great shots! Those are awesome!

Quick Question: How did you get those pictures of Midway Mania construction?
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• World Traveler

Wonderful pictures! I love that miniature Disneyland.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Awesome as always MG!!

I love the 2nd picture! I hope that's how heaven is... "walk towards the light" and when you get there.... its Disneyland!! (except the picture shows it as DTD!) hahaa

And for those interested in those Vault 28 shirts.... not worth the money!!! they are paper thin... they are like a see through sheet with a little tank underneath... I can see them getting torn to shreds on the first washing!!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• The one, the only...

Great pics!!

I wonder... I there is a pirate show on the end of the island, then will the Mark Twain and Columbia have to be docked during the show? It seems to me that people would get upset if the ships moved past them, obstructing their view of the show. And if both ships are running, how do you stop both so that they don't interfere with the pirate show? There is only one dock.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures. Thanks for showing some of the merchandise.

• Beep Beep!

Great photos, it's fun to see the resort when you can't be there.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Premium Youngling and

Hey I got a shout out!

Bithin TR Master G!

Pics form the Opera House were great!

• Princess Aurora Fan

Those are some great pics. It makes me want to travel back down there. So envious of the ones who can go anytime and annual pass holders.
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• living to haunt

OK, I really need one of those tinkerbell tank tops for my daughters birthday in July! Where do I call to get one without driving 8 hours to the park. GREAT photos by the way!!! I love the way the photos and topics keep us posted on new gear at the stores.
    thanks again!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

As usual great pics! thanks!!

• my favorite sociopath

AARGH! The sun gone nova!!

I always tell kids and their parents when they climb on rocks and handrails that they might want to come down because the longest ride at Disneyland is the trip to the hospital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast