Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Disney-ized Miniature Golf Course...

Quite a while ago I remember hearing about a possible Disney-ized miniature golf course that was going to take the place of where the old Fantasy Waters are now. I believe I read this from an old update that Al did, but I could be wrong.

I remember when I heard that I got so excited. I always thought that was a super idea, because if Disney did it, I can only imagine how Disney-ized it would have been.

Does anyone remember the miniature golf course that used to be on Harbor Blvd. across from Disneyland? They tore it out once DCA was beginning to take shape and I was so sad. I remember those summer nights when my friends and I used to play there, it was so much fun!

So having a Disney-ized miniature golf course where the FW show used to be would be a swell idea...don't you agree? And what would you like to see in this Disney-ized miniature golf course???

• Just this guy......

Re: Disney-ized Miniature Golf Course...

The Disneyland hotel use to have a Disney-ized miniature golf course. It's old location would be where the DTD parking lot currently is.

It was a fun course but very low tech. Each hole was based on a ride or area.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Not enough room at the Fanatasy Waters area, but would love to see a Mini-Golf somewhere in the Resort!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I remember when I heard that I got so excited. I always thought that was a super idea, because if Disney did it, I can only imagine how Disney-ized it would have been.
    Simple.. look at WDW. There are two there.

They are nice.. but not really over the top compared to other nice putt-putt courses. They have Disney characters and are kept nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    The Disneyland hotel use to have a Disney-ized miniature golf course. It's old location would be where the DTD parking lot currently is.

WOW, when did they used to have that, because I've lived in Garden Grove/Anaheim since 1975 and I don't ever remember any miniature golf course on or near Disneyland, except for the one I previously mentioned in my thread. How long was the one you mentioned there?

• Ex-CM - Class of 89

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    Quite a while ago I remember hearing about a possible Disney-ized miniature golf course that was going to take the place of where the old Fantasy Waters are now. I believe I read this from an old update that Al did, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone remember the miniature golf course that used to be on Harbor Blvd. across from Disneyland? They tore it out once DCA was beginning to take shape and I was so sad. I remember those summer nights when my friends and I used to play there, it was so much fun!

So having a Disney-ized miniature golf course where the FW show used to be would be a swell idea...don't you agree? And what would you like to see in this Disney-ized miniature golf course???
    WOW, that is a blast from the past.....I remember playing there after work with friends, very cheesy, but fun. I think Disney could do a awesome putt-putt course, but it cost an arm and a leg to play!
    Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
    Former Cast Member - Class of 89

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by chadlingoc View Post
    I think Disney could do a awesome putt-putt course, but it cost an arm and a leg to play!
    From Allears

"As of October 30, 2005, prices are $10.75 (plus tax) for Day Guests and $8.50 (plus tax) for children ages 3-9. Annual Passholder discounts MAY be available, so be sure to inquire. There's also a 50 percent discount on the second round played in the same day with proof of purchase."

That's what it cost in WDW

• peoplemover-k

I had my 11th birthday party at the Miniature golf course in 1967. While I don't remeber the prices my parents said I could only bring 3 friends and my father said it would have been cheaper to just go to Disneyland. Of course that was back in the day when we had a lot of accumulated tickets from previous tickets so my father would just have had to pay the admission prices for me and my friends. I have seen a picture of one of the holes in the Disneyland Hotel book. I too would love to see this re-created.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post

And if they ever open a new one...I'm going to insist that they accept my old coupon for a free round!

Also this blast from the past on the miniature "Magic Kingdom Course"...

Fore!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We did an afternoon of mini golf at WDW last August, it was a blast. My boys still talk about how much fun they had.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    And if they ever open a new one...I'm going to insist that they accept my old coupon for a free round!

Also this blast from the past on the miniature "Magic Kingdom Course"...

Fore!

Holy Smokes, Opus, did you keep the pencil, too?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Storybook Land would make a great mini golf course, haha

• Lipstick is Power

The Fantasia one at WDW is great. I would love to see something like that at Disneyland.

• ...TWO BITS!

I would like a Disney miniature golf.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Any pics of this original Disneyland Mini golf course? I've never heard of it before...Thanks!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast