Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Burn that cabin again

With TSI changing over to a mixed pirate theme, it would be a perfect excuse to bring back the burning cabin on the back side of the island. If you have been on PotC, you know pirates like to burn things.

The burning cabin is such a major memory of my childhood going to Disneyland. It always seem to get a "wow" from people on the train or the river boats. It was classic Disneyland. It is really time to bring it back.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Burn that cabin again

i have seen recent photos of the log cabin. it looks like they are replacing the roof. Could this be because they are planning to relight the cabin. If they are planning to relight the cabin this will give Pirate's Liar to a new look that it hasn't seen since late 1990's.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by SifuJustin View Post
    With TSI changing over to a mixed pirate theme, it would be a perfect excuse to bring back the burning cabin on the back side of the island. If you have been on PotC, you know pirates like to burn things.

The burning cabin is such a major memory of my childhood going to Disneyland. It always seem to get a "wow" from people on the train or the river boats. It was classic Disneyland. It is really time to bring it back.
    With the current refurbishment of the Cabin, I hope that fixing the gas lines has been budgeted in. If the cabin does get setablaze again, I am curious to see how the story will work out - will they re-theme it yet again to pirates? Have the settler be clumsy again? Or go back to the original "unfriendly Indians" torching it? Who knows, but it'll be exciting to see how the Cabin's story evolves yet again after Tom Sawyer Island comes back in late May.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i have seen recent photos of the log cabin. it looks like they are replacing the roof. Could this be because they are planning to relight the cabin. If they are planning to relight the cabin this will give Pirate's Liar to a new look that it hasn't seen since late 1990's.
    New roof, indeed.

Blurily taken April 10 from the Disneyland Railroad:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Unfriendly Indians definitely won't be torching. I would bet on pirates. Doesn't really make sense since it's supposed to be American wilderness, but what the hell. There's really not a lot to see on that old river anyway. It needs everything it can get. Hell, maybe budget in another Cascade Peak.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Unfriendly Indians definitely won't be torching. I would bet on pirates. Doesn't really make sense since it's supposed to be American wilderness, but what the hell. There's really not a lot to see on that old river anyway. It needs everything it can get. Hell, maybe budget in another Cascade Peak.
    I would assume they'd choose Pirates, too. However, the Burning Cabin isn't really visible at all unless you're on the Disneyland Railroad, or any of the river traffic (excluding TSI Rafts). Therefore, mentioning Pirates on any of these attractions as you're passing through Frontierland would be extremely out of place, moreso than Pirate's Lair itself.

Since the Settler's Cabin is pretty much only visible on the train or river, and you encounter only Indians while on the train or River, I'm willing to hold out some hope that the Cabin continues to be set ablaze by Unfriendly Indians, but I won't set those hopes too high.

And a new Cascade Peak would be nice. Here's hoping that's budgeted in for Phase 2 of Pirate's Lair.

| | |

• The one, the only...

I hope that the cabin is set ablaze again. It would add some WOW to the trip around the river.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Sock Puppet

here is another photo is Pirate's Liar cabin courtesy of dark beer

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    here is another photo is Pirate's Liar cabin courtesy of dark beer

Pirates Liar? What are they lying about?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Here's an thread that discussed the posibility of setting the cabin on fire again way back from February. Ah! But it may come back! [Settler's Cabin]

I thought it interesting how far we've come - many from having no hope that the Cabin would ever be burining again (and a few who saw no use for the cabin to be burning at all!), to now, where its not so much as hope but a more along the lines of a probable future reality. Ironic, that its all because of the Pirate's Lair project, which many of us here objected to when word first leaked about it.

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    Pirates Liar? What are they lying about?
    The appropriateness of injecting everything about the movie version of Pirates of the Carribean into the park.

I'm convinced that if they could give a Pirates makeover to Space Mountain they would. LET'S SYNERGIZE THE F OUT OF THIS COASTER YEAHH!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Ironic, that its all because of the Pirate's Lair project, which many of us here objected to when word first leaked about it.
    Having something to look at on the train is a nifty side effect of this foolish pirate island makeover but it's still part of the ever growing pirate epidemic. It has nothing to do with the strength of the concept but the fact that hey, the pirate movie is popular so let's build more pirate crap in the park.

A better idea would have been finding a way to fit Discovery Bay into the backwoods of Frontierland and the Rivers of America. While Disney has pledged more attention to their most major theme park, they are still looking for the quick fix in some areas. It's like they picked the least expensive concept just to make poor Tony Baxter cry some more.

• All you need is LOVE

All I know what ever they do I hope I can access it. Must get photos

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Indian pirates, I can't wait!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

A CM friend was told by WDI that the Cabin will be set ablaze again - but not with gas. Instead, they'll be using a technique inside the Cabin's windows similar to the one used inside Pirates of the Caribbean, with smoke coming from the Cabin.

Here's hoping the effect looks convincing enough outdoors and in the daylight.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-13-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Bad grammar! Whoops!

| | |

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I would like to see it burn again.... But something tells me it wont.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no wate let that mother burn. Burn the cabin again!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast