Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks again guys! This is very helpful.

I know you all probably get sick off questions from DL newbies like me, but your help means a lot!

Park opens at 8....I think I'm leaving at 6

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    One last bathroom tip:
    Enchanted Tiki Room up entrance stairs on the left, always empty.
    Have a great time!

One more hint . . .
    I believe that Main Street opens an hour before the park itself (somebody please confirm), so go there at that time and sit down and have breakfast at the carnation café. It is quiet and relaxing and quite the opposite of what you should expect the rest of the day. It has become a Monday morning tradition for my wife and I when we visit for a weekend. Oh, and remember to have fun.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    well for starters DL isnt in LA.
    True, Disneyland is not in Luisiana (which is what the code LA stands for).

However, Disneyland IS, IS, IS in the Los Angeles Metro Area, which is commonly referred to as L.A.

I know that the Orange County snobs don't like to think of Orange County as being part of Los Angeles.... Too bad, because Orange County IS part of Los Angeles.

I live in Scottsdale, but that is in Phoenix metro, therefor, I live in Phoenix. If you live in Orage County, than you live in the Los Angeles metro, therefore you live in Los Angeles. Deal with it.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    AND:

9. Between Plaza Inn and Star Tours
    10. Between Frontierland/Fantasyland near Rancho del Zocalo
    11. Toontown
    12. New Orleans Square near the train station
    13. Blue Bayou -- up the steps to your right

That's all I can think of!!

I want to sign a petition for them to put another one in Critter Country by Pooh's Corner, because when you're there with a three year old, running with them under one arm to the bathrooms at the Hungry Bear is FAR FAR FAR.
    Don't forget the one on TSI inside the fort and also where Carnation Plaza Gardens used to be there is a single restroom in the corner, but it's very big.

Forgot to mention there is/used to be one at Big Thunder Ranch when the resturant was open. Not sure if it's open anymore since the resturant is goone, but it may be siunce the petting zoo part is open.

• Former CM

Just be aware that the crowd mentality runs rampant in the park. People just tend to stop and stand in the first line they see. If you can resist that urge, know that the attractions towards the back of the Park tend to have little to no wait for the first few hours, while the ones closest to the hub crowd up quickly, and then even out as the day goes on. Seven years of working there, and that was one of the things that had never changed.

Star Tours will usually clear out to a 3 minute wait towards the end of the day, and on a hot day Small World and Pirates is usually worth braving the long lines - the lines move fast, and the air conditioning is well worth the wait and any suffering you may incur from having to sit and listen to "It's a Small World" over and over...

Good luck!
    -Darryl

• Former CM

Don't forget to do the usual of eating either early or later then most people. It can be a big time saver.

dshimel: Thank you for understanding. I guess you saw the connection of me flying several thousand miles to L.A., and visiting Disneyland (which I know is not within the Los Angelas city Limits). It didn't seem like a huge mental stretch to me either I guess it was for at least one person!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    Park opens at 8....I think I'm leaving at 6
    Leaving from where?

I like to be at the garage 45 minutes before opening. This will put you at the ticket booth when they open about a half hour before opening, putting you towards the front of the line at the gate that will stretch back pretty far by the time the gates actually open for business.

Generally, I get a FastPass to Splash Mt, the VERY first thing, but you'll be in the park by yourself so can do Splash as single rider.

At park openening, I'd hang a left and
    1) grab a Indianna Jones FastPass (at 8:00 it will have an 8:40-9:40 return time. They don't enforce the ending return time, so you're not really going to use it in that window... Just get it so that you can get the next FastPass at 8:40)

2) Ride Indianns Jones.

3) Ride Jungle Cruise

4) Ride Matterhorn (Fantasyland side)

(At 8:40 grab a FastPass to Buzz Lightyear... Should be right about this point in the day if your making good time. Return time should be about 9:20.)

5) Ride Matterhorn (Tomorrowland side)

6) Ride BTMRR (Few will have gotten FastPasses, and fewer will be using them, so line will still move quickly.)

7) Ride Splash Mountain as Single Rider (go in the exit, past the photo preview area, all the way to the unloading point. Tell an employee that you are single rider and they'll point you to the line.

(If it is time for another FastPass, I'd suggest BTMRR if you enjoyed that).

8) Ride Haunted Mansion (Way high capacity so fairly short wait)

9) Ride Pirates of the Caribbean (Way high capacity so fairly short wait)

************* If you were at the ticket booth when it opened, and started at the front of one of the lines for the gates, you "should" be able to do all of this by 10:00 or so. If you tried this startig at noon, it would take 4 hours. ****************

If it is about 10:00, DCA will be open. If you paid the $20 extra for the 1-day hopper, Grab another FastPass at Disneyland, then head out of DL and into DCA.

For what you said you want to do, it should only take a couple hours. You can grab a FastPass at DCA, even though you just got one at DL. I'd grap a FP to ToT, ride ToT, Ride Screamin, grab a FP to Screamin, ride GRR, ride the mad mouse, ride Malibooner, Use the FP for Screamin, use the FP to ToT, then head back to Disneyland.

So, it is a bit afternoon and you're heading back to Disneyland. Crowds will really be bad now. USE your FastPasses that you collected in the morning. Continue to collect FastPasses every time your window comes open. Slow down and enjoy a bit more since you already did everything you REALLY wanted to do first thing in the morning. Go ahead and catch a show or less popular attraction (HISTA, Star Tours) or whatever if you can't use any more FastPasses.

• Rock Star Minion

I bow to dshimel's recommendations.

One last suggestion: if you have that IJA Fastpass and don't use it, give it to someone else and make their day.

To summarize (I think it's the same for dshimel's rec's and mine):
    1. Do as much as possible at DL in the morning.
    2. Go to DCA.
    3. Go back to DL and do relaxed pace, less popular attractions.
    4. Fireworks in the Hub.
    5. FL dark rides (someone else's suggestions).
    6. Last-show Fantasmic!
    7. More FL dark rides (most kiddies should be gone by then).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    dshimel: Thank you for understanding.
    I grew up in Los Angeles County and San Bernadino County..... It's all Los Angeles.

Some how(probably becuase they now have their own TV show....), Orange County residents have decided that they are no longer part of "Los Angeles".

I'm sorry, but "yes you are". The Los Angeles metro includes everything from Camp Pendalton to Santa Barbara, Indio to the Ocean. Disneyland IS in Los Angeles.

"Denver" includes Lakewood and Aurora and Thronton and 2 dozen other "cities" across 3 counties. It's all "Denver". Want proof? Denver's Mile High stadium is actually in Lakewood.

Phoenix Coyotees are now playing in a areana in Glendale..... Glendale is STILL Phoenix. Cardinals are moving to a new stadium across the parking lot from the Glendale Areana.... The new stadium is also in Glendale. The Arizona Cardinals will still play in Phoenix, because Glendale is a suburb of Phoenix metro, so they're still playing in Phoenix.

I just don't understand why so many people are getting so upset about the Angels changing their name to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Anaheim IS part of Los Angeles!!!

Makes perfect sense to me.

Another thanks for everyone's help!!!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Well whatever you do, and in one day, that wont be everything- DONT RUSH IT- ENJOY IT- Take time to really appriciate the details.

Be Sure to ride the Monorail and the Train full circle at least once though... And have at least one walk through all the lands.

Maybe see if you can get on a tour? Cost a bit more, but might be worth it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

I was considering the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour...I wonder if that would be a wise use of my time.

I didn't remember the monorail boarding inside DL's gates. It doesn't, does it?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    There is a monorail station in Tomorrowland by Autopia.

There is a 50th anniversary tour that might be worth your time- if you get the last tour of the day you get a fasspass on three attractions and priority seating for the fireworks that would save you the time of waiting atound and staking out a spot. However, the tours are lengthy- between 3 and four hours, so it depends on what your priorities are. If this is the only trip you are going to get for a while, I would say skip it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast