Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Kid Swap thing for Indy and HM

My wife and I would like to do the kid swap thing for Indy and HM... I think this is where one parent can wait with the child while the other rides... then switch off when the first is done. This way you don't have to wait in line all over again. Is this offered on Indy and HM? Daughter is too short for Indy and too scared for HM! Thanks

• Minion

Re: Kid Swap thing for Indy and HM

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    My wife and I would like to do the kid swap thing for Indy and HM... I think this is where one parent can wait with the child while the other rides... then switch off when the first is done. This way you don't have to wait in line all over again. Is this offered on Indy and HM? Daughter is too short for Indy and too scared for HM! Thanks
    Not sure about those rides but it doesn't allow you to skip all lines, in general, just use the Fastpass lines on rides that support it

•   
    • Senior Minion

OK, so only rides that have fastpass ability?

• love my friends

no basically all the rides where little ones cant ride have the child switch pass (I know I hve used them alot)

Friends for life

• Minion

OK, so only rides that have fastpass ability?
    Not sure but without fastpass there wouldn't really be any other (faster) line to wait in and I don't think that the swap would qualify someone for immediate boarding. It would be massively abused.

• love my friends

I dont think the HM has it though because anyone can ride that.. you could ask though. I do know indy does we have done that

Friends for life

•   
    • Senior Minion

Thanks guys, and Kelly, on Indy where does the waiting parent wait? Do they then bypass the line to ride themselves?

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: Kid Swap thing for Indy and HM

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    I dont think the HM has it though because anyone can ride that.. you could ask though. I do know indy does we have done that
    #1) I know that Indy allows for "Kid Swap"; I don't see how HM can - remember, there's no place for the 'swap' to occur (Indy & 'all the Mountains' load / unload at the same basic area; HM doesn't...), and - as its been said - children are already allowed on HM

#2) Anyway, I would GLADLY swap my children for a ride on the Haunted Mansion... (where 'there's always room for One More...')

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

#2) Anyway, I would GLADLY swap my children for a ride on the Haunted Mansion... (where 'there's always room for One More...')
    I had the integrity to skip that rather obvious joke.

Glad to see that someone else didn't.

• love my friends

Thanks guys, and Kelly, on Indy where does the waiting parent wait? Do they then bypass the line to ride themselves?
    we waited in the exit on indy.. you know where ewveryone gets off the ride.. (this was last year though) I cant see them chaning it.. we just sat in there as there is a bench.. and waited until the huby got off them gave my pass to the CM

Friends for life

• Rat Tat Tat.

You can wait anywhere you want until the other person gets off, you just have to return to either the exit or Fastpass return when you want to ride. I'd recommend going on another ride or doing something fun while you wait for the rest of your group rather than waiting in the crowds by Indy though.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: Kid Swap thing for Indy and HM

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I had the integrity to skip that rather obvious joke.

Glad to see that someone else didn't.

There are 'two i's in Integrity' - and I'm keeping mine on you!

Look, I sent a henchman after my stepdaughter's heart, and asked him to fetch it back to me in a box; this way, I could state with a clear conscience, "Why, I have the heart of a child!"

So, as far as this Queen's concerned, you'll find Integrity in the dictionary between 'indigestion' and 'intellectual' !

All's Fair in Love - and WordPlay...

We do offer child switch passes at Mansion even though everyone can go on it

• Disabled Guest Pro

Not sure but without fastpass there wouldn't really be any other (faster) line to wait in and I don't think that the swap would qualify someone for immediate boarding. It would be massively abused.
    Actually a rider switch pass does get you close to immediate boarding. The first parent must wait in the standard line and then when at the front ask a CM for the pass. They give it to the other parent who then proceeds through the exit /fastpass line depending on the attraction.

• Minion

This is how it works on most rides. Generally you will have a couple adults and a child or 2. If one child is too young/scared/short, one adult will wait with the child, while the others ride. Depending on the ride, you either collect the rider swap as you enter, or at the boarding area. When the first group comes off, the other adult and one other person can enter the exit or thru the fastpass line if there is one. CMs will tell you which. When we have used this, my daughter and son would ride while I waited with the dog, then my son would ride again with me when it was my turn. This works on all rides with ehight restrictions and some rides that may be scary for little ones.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast