Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

What would it be? Maybe a marriage proposal? Maybe a special birthday? Maybe an anniversary? Maybe a very special visit after a long time away......

Do tell.

Cool Re: If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

wow. excellent question. difficult to decide just one.i think midnight of the 25th Birthday at Plaza Hub was exciting to the extreme! followed closely by the Cast party for the re-dedication of Fantasyland and the awesome Cast party for the brand new Space Mountain complex.The Ron Dominquez years were the greatest!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: If you could relive one moment from your Disney past...

Mine would have to be celebrating my birthday at Disneyland on the 50th. My little group walked down Main Street where the CM's were welcoming everyone and they saw my birthday sticker and sat there and sang to me. The whole row. We all had tears in our eyes. Later, my group of amazing, wonderful friends sang to me several times and had others (canoe boys, yum!) sing to me while we waited for the ceremony to begin.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo View Post
    wow. excellent question. difficult to decide just one.i think midnight of the 25th Birthday at Plaza Hub was exciting to the extreme! followed closely by the Cast party for the re-dedication of Fantasyland and the awesome Cast party for the brand new Space Mountain complex.The Ron Dominquez years were the greatest!
    Mine would be from my working years there. In the summer of 1980, the 25th birthday summer, we in the New Orleans Main Kitchen cooks were so shorthanded by August (because of illness and injury) that one Sunday (my 6th day of the week as it was) I went home after a hard 7a-3:30p "day lead" shift. I had just gotten home, cold one in hand, and was watching "Gilligan's Island" when the phone rang...the night lead had gotten a "sick call" and just didn't have even enough people to cover the barest necessities.
    He begged me...to come back in and help out.

Well, by 1 AM I had worked close to 16 hours that day, and both the night lead and I were so exhausted we just slumped into the chairs of the chef's office and didn't say a word...a couple of supervisors came by, and before long we were all laughing, telling stories, and it was 3AM before any of us left.

That's a night, and a Disneyland memory, that I will always cherish.

--Barry

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

So so many to go over...but lastnight my cousins and a friend were over for my wife's birthday (which is actually today) and we were talkind about this one Friday Night when my cousin, the friend and another couple went to Disneyland after dinner for my 33rd Birthday in 2004.

It was a cool night.....and all 6 adults crammed into a cage on the Casey Jr.

It turned out to be a late night at Disneyland that night - lots of fun had by all.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

I have been to DL 10 times in my life, Its been a blast and would not change a thing. As funny as this sounds I would not want to relive any of them. I am kind of a "been there done that" type of person. I would rather look to the future and see what DL is going to offer me, than wish I could relive the same thing again.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Um... one of the strongest memories I have from Disneyland was from 1976. My fiance and I rode the Twain after dark... we were on the very top level. Just before the fireworks started they stopped the Twain right on the river so we could see the fireworks. It was a magical moment, standing on the top of the Twain, together, with the fireworks going off overhead.... that might be worth reliving.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I am 43 and I would like to ride the Matterhorn with my dad again just like we did when I was a little boy.

• For You!

Sitting with my whole family watching the electric parade - my parents are now divorced and everyone has gone their separate ways - but it was some of the only times I remember everyone being happy together.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

I want to be able to go with just my dad to disneyland like i used to when i was wayyy younger.
    Everything was more fun then..

• A Ghost at Disneyland

It was a long time ago. My aunt and uncle joined my mom and dad for a day at disneyland. I remember riding the flying saucers in tomorrowland - that was such a cool ride. After that, a man in a jet pack flew around in the middle of tomorrowland. That was amazing and wonderful, if painfully loud. Walking up the drawbridge of a real castle was like entering a Disney movie. It took my breath away and was such a magical memory.

The aunts, uncles, my mom and dad are all dead now. Yet the memory of that day will live on in my mind for the rest of my life - that wonderful time with my family.

• For old time sake

Taking Mr. Dkat to Disneyland for the first time.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Princess of my own world

My favorite memory of Disneyland, which is one I would love to share with my family again when we go, is on my 20th birthday. It was pooring down rain but we basically walked on all the rides. The best part about that day is My mom, brother, sister and I sat (basically soaked) on main street with the huge ice cream cones from the ice cream parlor (sorry can't think of the name) and watched the Christmas Parade under our newly bought umbrellas. It was a blast.

Whenever we talk about our Disneyland trips, that's the one we all remember and talk about.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Senior Minion

May 5th, 2005

July 17th, 2005 I would have done something other then lunch.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 04-17-2007 at 01:45 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Popular Princess

that's a tough one but i would have to say the time i rode small world with my two young cousins (there's quite a difference in ages) and we got a row all to ourselves. they were both singing along and smiling and i could not help but smile because they were so cute!!! i wish i could go back to that day because it was one of the best i've ever had!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast