Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Indy Queue Rehab, No Fastpasses

Indy will be undergoing rehab on the rope bridge entry ramp starting tomorrow April 16 through May 18. During this time the line will run through the exit to get back into the temple as well as there will be no fastpasses offered during this period of time. It should be interesting to see how it will be not having fastpasses on it for a month.

Re: Indy Queue Rehab, No Fastpasses

ill say. fastpass has mad that queue so enjoyable these days.
    pshhh i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    ill say. fastpass has mad that queue so enjoyable these days.
    I prefer how the queue originally was. Fast pass has made it a group up outside the temple and in the walkway of Adventureland, then a mad rush through all the detail of the temple till you reach the film room. Then they halt your party before entering the film room. Once the room is cleared, they let you rush through there as well totally skipping the different films.

Maybe the lack of fastpass will cause them to notice the impact it has on show.

i sure hope so. one part about disneyland was how the queue was a pre-attraction to what you were riding. now all the goodly themed queues are totally forgotten because of fastpass. i never use its anyways
    pshhh i guess

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    i sure hope so. one part about disneyland was how the queue was a pre-attraction to what you were riding. now all the goodly themed queues are totally forgotten because of fastpass. i never use its anyways
    With FP, all you miss is the outside queue area (which I don't think I've ever waited in!) You still see the complete inside queue area. I don't know why everyone complains about FP. Just because you don't want to use it, it doesn't mean that others don't want to!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Am I the Only One who disagrees with the FastPass system?
    Once upon a Time, the 'Better' rides had the longer lines... and the higher ticket value - hence the 'E-Ticket Attractions'. Queues were part of the attraction: waiting in queues where you could catch glimpses of the attraction only heightened everyone's excitement; even boring lines allowed us to talk to each other - usually about the last ride we were just on, or which ride we wanted to go on next...
    I never take First Time Guests through FastPass; they lose out on part of the Experience. Even on repeat rides, as we whisk past the pre-show, they invariably will say, "Oh! I wanted to see that part again...!". Even in rides that I have been on 100 times, I still enjoy the queues - and looking for things that I have not noticed before... and I think that Indiana Jones has one of the best queues just for that reason (remember the card you used to get so that you could decipher the inscriptions on the walls...?)

• 88 mph

I kinda liked the outside queue.
    Would be weird to have to wait inside the temple again.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    Am I the Only One who disagrees with the FastPass system?
    Once upon a Time, the 'Better' rides had the longer lines... and the higher ticket value - hence the 'E-Ticket Attractions'. Queues were part of the attraction: waiting in queues where you could catch glimpses of the attraction only heightened everyone's excitement; even boring lines allowed us to talk to each other - usually about the last ride we were just on, or which ride we wanted to go on next...
    I never take First Time Guests through FastPass; they lose out on part of the Experience. Even on repeat rides, as we whisk past the pre-show, they invariably will say, "Oh! I wanted to see that part again...!". Even in rides that I have been on 100 times, I still enjoy the queues - and looking for things that I have not noticed before... and I think that Indiana Jones has one of the best queues just for that reason (remember the card you used to get so that you could decipher the inscriptions on the walls...?)
    In Disneyland, you only miss out on the hardly themed OUTSIDE queue areas by using FP on the following attractions:

- Indy
    - Space Mountain
    - Splash Mountain
    - Buzz Lightyear
    - Soarin'

Correct me if I'm wrong........

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    With FP, all you miss is the outside queue area (which I don't think I've ever waited in!) You still see the complete inside queue area. I don't know why everyone complains about FP. Just because you don't want to use it, it doesn't mean that others don't want to!
    You miss a lot of the indoor queue as well due to the speed they push you through at. As I said before, due to fastpass, you rarely even get to watch the film reels because they start and stop the lines. It is a great queue to just stand and experience. Look around, decode the writings, touch the walls. Now you just race through thinking of only getting to the end of the line to ride instead of taking in your surroundings. Indiana Jones Adventure starts at bootcamp, not at the jeep. The line is part of the Adventure. Fast Fowarding through the line is like having someone push your boat through the first half of Pirates just so you can get to where the action starts.

And the reason everyone complains is because not using it doesn't solve the problem. Other lines are longer, stand by lines move slower, queues are broken up taking away from the story, new rides have simpler queues with the knowledge that guests will be racing through them too fast to notice a lack of Disney quality, it is harder to find a table when eating, the stores are more packed, the streets thicker with crowds, etc etc etc...

Fast pass affects everything else in the park if you use it or not. I prefered the days when there were no real tricks to enjoying a theme park. Nowadays, you have no know all the ins and outs and overplan your day just to out manuever everyone else. This is the problem with Disney World and why guests are having to schedule dinner reservations months in advance for a family vacation. I liked looking on the map and asking "where to next?" instead of "okay, we have a fast pass for Buzz at 5:30 and one for Splash at 7. If we hurry, we might be able to make our dinner reservation, eat, and then line up for fireworks."

And I understand people wanting to use it. "Would you like a pass so you don't have to wait in line?" Who wouldn't say yes. The problem is when this offer is made to everyone in the park. Line jumping should remain a privledge, not a given right of a guest. Your ride breaks down, you get a front of the line pass. You purchase some package, you get a front of the line pass. You win a promotion, you get a front of the line pass.

But I digress. I will enjoy Indy the way it was meant to be presented.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    In Disneyland, you only miss out on the hardly themed OUTSIDE queue areas by using FP on the following attractions:

- Indy
    - Space Mountain
    - Splash Mountain
    - Buzz Lightyear
    - Soarin'

Correct me if I'm wrong........
    What is the house like in Splash? The couldron in the fireplace, the cobwebs? How about those little signs starting off the story, what do they say? If you were using fast pass, you wouldn't have any idea. I call that missing the queue.

And lets look at Buzz and Soarin, two attractions which became after Fast Pass. How is that ourdoor queue? Or better yet, how is the indoor queue? Pretty plain? Cheap? There is that cool Buzz AA, but that's about it. Painted walls for the rest of it. Snow White has more to look at in it's queue. But why create a themed queue full of details when people won't be waiting there long?

• Dont make me unfriend you

I heard a rumor that in the next year or so, the FP system will be done away with. I know a CM who is trying to get FP's for her ride from all of the Disney parks before the FPs are gone.

Has anybody else heard this rumor?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I heard a rumor that in the next year or so, the FP system will be done away with. I know a CM who is trying to get FP's for her ride from all of the Disney parks before the FPs are gone.

No, but it's a rumor I sure like!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post

Actually, I heard they will be sabotaged by the Standby Liberation Front.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Actually, I heard they will be sabotaged by the Standby Liberation Front.
    Noooo.....anything but the SLF!!!!!!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    No, but it's a rumor I sure like!
    WHY?!!!! Everyone can use FPs. If you like to standby, be my guest. But there are some guests who would rather just decrease their waits in line, even if it does mean...yes...missing a small portion of the outside queue areas.

I sure hope that Fastpasses do not disappear from the parks forever. In that event, my touring times with at least double. Indy is the one ride that could count on one hand the number of times I have stoodby for.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast