Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad My husband is a BIG guy..

We are going in June, and he is SO worried about some of the rides. He is about 6-2 and 350. Will he have a problem on stuff like Indy, Matterhorn and Space Mt? Even if he rides solo? Thanks!

Liltinkers

• Minion

Re: My husband is a BIG guy..

Quote Originally Posted by Liltinkers View Post
    We are going in June, and he is SO worried about some of the rides. He is about 6-2 and 350. Will he have a problem on stuff like Indy, Matterhorn and Space Mt? Even if he rides solo? Thanks!

Liltinkers
    He shouldn't. Secret - BEFORE he sits down, pull the seatbelt allllllllll the way out, then sit and plug in. His issues will be his knees since he is tall. In rides where 2 or 3 can ride together, like Pooh's Psychedelic Adventure, just have him ride alone in the row, and ride in front of him. Matterhorn is easier to ride one to a seat also. I had a friend about the same size who went with us a couple times, and he never had a problem.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    He shouldn't. Secret - BEFORE he sits down, pull the seatbelt allllllllll the way out, then sit and plug in. His issues will be his knees since he is tall. In rides where 2 or 3 can ride together, like Pooh's Psychedelic Adventure, just have him ride alone in the row, and ride in front of him. Matterhorn is easier to ride one to a seat also. I had a friend about the same size who went with us a couple times, and he never had a problem.
    I'm 6'1" and around 250. Less than him.

I've had knee issues on Splash and Indy riding in the first row. SO if he has long legs he might ask to be placed elsewhere.

Having loaded people on other rides, 350 is not entirely excessive compared to some I've had to place. On Soarin', sometimes the problem is getting the belt OFF
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 04-15-2007 at 12:41 PM.

• Hangin Around

I went to the park with my friend who weighs the same as your husband. He was also worried about going on attractions. Well, he ended up having a wonderful time and wants to go again. The attractions that he did find uncomfortable were The Astro Orbiter and Space Mountain. A secret for tall people going on attractions is to have them cross their ankles.

Wow, cool. Thnaks you guys so much for your responses. Any other tips or experiences would be great!

Liltinkers

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I don't think your husband will have an issue.
    Tell him to relax and have fun!

May you have a wonderful trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I'm 6'1" and around 250. Less than him.

I've had knee issues on Splash and Indy riding in the first row. SO if he has long legs he might ask to be placed elsewhere.

Having loaded people on other rides, 350 is not entirely excessive compared to some I've had to place. On Soarin', sometimes the problem is getting the belt OFF
    Thanks Jeffyarddog... what could be the issue getting it off???

• Hooterville, USA

I'm 6'4" and weigh 220. I don't have a problem on any attraction.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

A friend of mine who was 6'5" and over 400lbs got stuck in a Matterhorn bobsled and they had to take it off track to extricate him.

• Minion

Thanks Jeffyarddog... what could be the issue getting it off???
    The seats are a bit narrow and really wide people - which your husband isn't necessarily - have the belts wrapped around and bit behind and underneath them.

You can't really see the buckles yourself when trying to remove them and width itself can work against getting both a view and an angle on it.

I was able to get belts off some people when others couldn't. The trick is to of course get some excess tissue out of the way - it's most 'politely' done by using the back of your hand against the body to get the palm behind the belt buckle and then - most importantly - get the tab aligned with the buckle; it won't come out easily if it's at an angle to the buckle.

Liltinkers
    I'm pretty close to his size and there wasn't anything I couldn't get on at DL when we were there last December. The only ride at DCA I stayed away from was Screamin.

DLR is really well designed for people that are in the plus size category unlike parks like Knotts and Six Flags.

Tell your hubby there's not much to worry about. Enjoy.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    A friend of mine who was 6'5" and over 400lbs got stuck in a Matterhorn bobsled and they had to take it off track to extricate him.
    Are you serious???

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    WOW! I believe it though. I have seen some pretty big people get on the rides. Clearly, getting off is another story.

I really do not understand how large people fit on Indy. I weigh 95 pounds and it seems like there really is not that much room for 100, 200, 300 more pounds to fit in the seat....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    WOW! I believe it though. I have seen some pretty big people get on the rides. Clearly, getting off is another story.

I really do not understand how large people fit on Indy. I weigh 95 pounds and it seems like there really is not that much room for 100, 200, 300 more pounds to fit in the seat....
    Yikes! That is not encouraging!!

• Defying gravity

Yikes! That is not encouraging!!
    Oh, don't misunderstand me. I don't understand how, but much, much larger people than myself always seem to fit. I guess it's just the Disney magic that allows everyone - regardless of shape or size - to enjoy the rides.

Don't worry. Your husband should be fine according to what everyone is saying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast