Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

POTC MOVIE PREMIER at D-Land

Does anyone have any idea how crowded this event will be? I have tickets and am thrilled to be going, but am wondering how many other thousands will also be in attendance? Are there any other details to be found online or will everything I need to know be presented when I pick up my tickets? will it really be special? I just needed a reason to get back to Dland and donating to a great cause seemed reason enough!

• Banned User

Re: POTC MOVIE PREMIER at D-Land

From my friend's thoughts about the last one....it will be SWAMPED. Be prepared to be in a mob of people. She sat for like 10 hours to see Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. But, she loved every minute too!

• Minion

It will probably not be to mobbed since you have to pay heaps for the tickets. If you were a just there to sit on the redcarpet, then it would probably be a lot worse. They will most likely tell you where to go and such when you pick up the tickets. Have fun!

•   

I wonder if the rides will be crowded, or will everyone be chasing the stars? Personally, I'm hoping for short lines and freedom to ride as often as my heart desires!

All4dISNEY,

I think it should definately be a good time, from everything I've heard so far, we will definately be with an exclusive group of people. Cya there.

Drew

• Still wants to be a cat!

Congratulations on being one of those "special" people who get to attend....make sure you take pics (when you can, of course) and do an awesome Trip Report we (us poor unforunate souls) will all look forward to seeing!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I'll be there that day, but only to see the stars walk down the red carpet.

• Defying gravity

Wow - You Are So Lucky!!! I Want To Go Toooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, sorry...got that out of my system. Yes, it will be a very big deal and you should expect large crowds.

•   

And then there's something about dinner buffet....I wonder how realistic that is going to be if there are mobs of people...shoot, I'll should probably just skip that n' make the most of the ride..maybe I should plan to be at DL early that day when it opens to make sure I maximize my park time. I'm flying in friday night and flying out sunday night so not too much time. Will have to strategize...

All4dISNEY,

From what I've read from previous premieres at Disneyland, the bleachers they construct hold about 1,500 guests, so I would imagine that there would be about that many in that area of the park. I think there might be several locations for the buffet, from what people said last year the food will be excelent.

•   

I wish they'd set aside some resort hotel rooms for the event ticket holders...maybe I'll luck out at the least minute from someone else's cancellation. ;-)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    I wish they'd set aside some resort hotel rooms for the event ticket holders...maybe I'll luck out at the least minute from someone else's cancellation. ;-)
    They have been sold out since Feb! But, you never know! Might as well keep trying!

•   

yes, rooms probably HAVE been sold out since Feb, of that I have no doubt. Just got the event tickets a few nights ago tho', so it would've been difficult to anticipate that back in Feb,,,,hence, would've been nice if they'd set aside a few floors of rooms for the event ticketers- or one better, charged a little more for the ticket n' have a room included! THAT would've been nice! ;-)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    yes, rooms probably HAVE been sold out since Feb, of that I have no doubt. Just got the event tickets a few nights ago tho', so it would've been difficult to anticipate that back in Feb,,,,hence, would've been nice if they'd set aside a few floors of rooms for the event ticketers- or one better, charged a little more for the ticket n' have a room included! THAT would've been nice! ;-)
    It's Disney... Who knows why they didn't!

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

I just bought my ticket! I can't wait. I PM'd you All4disney. Reading posts at 2 or 3 in the morning is hard to do! I thought you were coming alone.
    I reserved a room in Feb for the event with the hopes of just waiting it out on main street like we did last year, but this opportunity is just to good to pass up!

If any of you who are going would like to adopt me for the evening I would appreciate it. I'll be all by myself. I'm a happy person, polite, and chew with my mouth closed!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast