Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Keepin' it fresh for 8 days at DL - ideas?

We've planned a family trip in July at DL for 8 days. Now we have booked a couple of side trips (Cap'n Dave's Dolphin Safari, Legendary Los Angeles Tour), but I wonder, for those family members who might not be Disneyland fanatics, how do I keep things fresh for the whole week?

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Defying gravity

Re: Keepin' it fresh for 8 days at DL - ideas?

Well, you see something new at Disneyland everyday.

To keep it "fresh," you don't zoom through the parks, but rather savor them. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the River Belle Terrace. See all of minor shows/acts - Aladdin and Jasmine's Oasis, Dapper Dans, Sword in the Stone Ceremony, etc. Enjoy a nice meal at the Blue Bayou...on second thought...maybe check out some of the restaurants at the DLR hotels like Napa Rose. 8 days is plently of time to do everything - and then some. Enjoy your trip!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Any baseball fans in the group? You'll find either the Angels or Dodgers home during your stay...Both ballparks are beautiful in their own way, and provide a nice evening's entertainment.

Just a thought.

--Barry

• Progressive Disneylander

I've added a "Walk In Walt's Footsteps" tour to my week-long vacation. It could be something different to spice things up in the park a bit. I believe there are other tours available as well.

• Merry 2014!

If you have a car, go to long beach and see the Queen Mary. It is really cool and they have a couple of tours too. Make sure you take substantial breaks everyday to avoid the heat. Swims are good for kids, at least it was for my family. Or Griffith Park. Lots of things to do there. You just don't have to be a commando in the parks which is great to take in the atmosphere and ambience and be really spontaneous.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I've added a "Walk In Walt's Footsteps" tour to my week-long vacation. It could be something different to spice things up in the park a bit. I believe there are other tours available as well.
    That is an excellent tour to take. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are a couple of other tours as well. However, most of them are for "newbies." I'm not sure of the OP's level of expertise, so some of the other ones might interest them.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ursListingPage

• I was deleted.

I would agree that the tour would be a great option, but is a bit expensive for a larger group. Since you said it was a family trip and the OP's avatar has a kid in it, I will also mention that there are some kid friendly tours also - that could be fun to look into as well.

Personally I love longer trips because then you don't have to feel rushed to see it all. You can take time for characters, to enjoy the atmosphere, and take things slower jsut like how the park has originally designed.

Wow, that's a long trip!

Yeah... see if there are any nearby attractions you might want to see... maybe Knott's berry farm? definitely spend time at Downtown Disney... and maybe you could spend some time touring the hotels on property...

since you've got a lot of time, you could spend the afternoons at the hotel pool or taking a nap in the room because you'll definitely have time to see everything.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Yes, do go out and explore the area. Definitely go to Huntington or Newport Beach. There is nothing more relaxing than going to the beach on a hot summer day. And the beach weather is usually about 15 degrees or so cooler than Anaheim so it should really be refreshing.

Interesting, I have lived in So Cal all my life and I have never heard of Capn Daves Dolphin Safari.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Definitely savor the parks. Sit down and feed the baby ducks. Check out places you wouldn't have thought to look at if you were rushing through the parks in one day.

We went on the Captain Dave's Dolphin Safari last year and had the incredibly amazing experience of being right next to a blue whale. I think your family will definitely enjoy the trip, it's just breathtaking.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

If you have children, there's a tour that interacts with characters. I agree with most other posters, you don't have to do everything in one day. Enjoy the pool, take time with your meals and have fun people watching. When you get to your hotel, ask the concierge for ideas also.

• Defying gravity

Well, I think that there is enough just at the Disneyland Resort to entertain someone for 8-days...even if it is not your first time. Honestly, the only time that I have ventured into the So Cal area was to go to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art)...and that was a mistake.

I wonder if the OP is a first time visitor?

• Just this guy......

Will you have a rental car (or car)? There is a LOT to do in the So Cal area just a few hours away from Disneyland. Everything from the Beach to great museums. It depends on what you are into.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    We've planned a family trip in July at DL for 8 days. Now we have booked a couple of side trips (Cap'n Dave's Dolphin Safari, Legendary Los Angeles Tour), but I wonder, for those family members who might not be Disneyland fanatics, how do I keep things fresh for the whole week?
    Lucky B!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Banned User

Eight days is waaaaay too long to stay at Disneyland. Maybe check out and go to San Diego?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast