Thread: Marty Sklar?

• CM for 4 years!

Marty Sklar?

Former Imagineer Marty Sklar is holding a talk tomorrow night for DL CMs and I was just wondering exactly what projects he worked on while he was an Imagineer. The only thing I'm sure about is Haunted Mansion.... anyone else have a sort of list of things he worked on?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• All you need is LOVE

• CM for 4 years!

I did that, and I couldn't find any really good lists...
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• All you need is LOVE

Well maybe ask someone at work before the event.

Marty is actually a current Imagineer. He is Vice Chairman and Principle Creative Executve at WDI. He was the Chairman before his demotion, and before that he was President. Marty has spent most of his career with WDI as an administrator so he really isn't associated with particular projects (because he touched everything). He is known to be passionate about Epcot, and he first came to WDI (then called WED) during the 1964-65 World's Fair. Before that he was a writer and wrote many of Walt's Wonderful World of Disney intros. Marty started working at DL as a writer for the Disneyland publicity dept in 1955.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Former Imagineer Marty Sklar is holding a talk tomorrow night for DL CMs and I was just wondering exactly what projects he worked on while he was an Imagineer. The only thing I'm sure about is Haunted Mansion.... anyone else have a sort of list of things he worked on?
    Marty Sklar doesn't work on or design attractions at WDI. Marty has been the overseer of the projects, a coach for the creative group. He has the authority to shut down any WDI project or cheer them on.

He was Walt disney's speech writer and many Walt quotes were actually written by Marty. If you look at the first books written on Disneyland, they were done by Marty. He was in publicity in 1955 and was a writer on the Disneyland News, Souvenir Newspaper.

Marty really was the guiding force with John Hench for EPCOT, but in later years allowed the next gen Imagineers to take the reins a bit more. He still is very much a part of all that is going on but others do more of the day to day. Marty is very involved with the 50th of the park as he himself is such a DL legend. We are lucky to have him. Go hear him speak.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• FastPass n00b

I was watching one of those Travel Channel specials, and there were a lot of Imagineers interviewed. But I am so confused over who's in charge of who. It seems like EVERYONE is a vice president! I heard from Barry Braverman, Tony Baxter, Tom "Fountains Are Exciting" Fitzgerald (Al's old DCA nickname for him), and a few others and they all had some sort of vice president title. I am so confused as to who is responsible for what. I was under the impression that Tony Baxter creates a lot of the rides like Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain.