Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking That Music That Grabs You!

I currently major in Music at Musicains Institute. I've always been grabbed by music, but especially at DIsneyland. I wnated anyone to share any way music just strikes them on a presoanl level.

For me,

My mother always starts crying during those orchastra hits at the beginning of Remember

I always feel so care-free when sitting in the wharf with some Mexican Food, watching when the waves crashed on the rocks, and all suymmed up with the AWESOME Bakey Theme

The new Space track is brilliant. Retro, yet very techno, upbeat!

Fantasmic though! There was a time when I struggled to find myself, and I was contemplating suicide. I was an big Disney fan, and one day, my friend gave me the opportunity to see Fantasmic from the balcony. It was actually my first time seeing the show. But as soon as I heard that music and saw Mickey dancing, it all made sense. It was such an incredible feeling, I valued life so much. There is nothing ever horrible enough that could make that moment amazing.

Sorry for such a long post about my stupid little life, I just LOVE music and its personal effects on people
    5 days a week

Re: That Music That Grabs You!

Quote Originally Posted by njacobus View Post
    I currently major in Music at Musicains Institute. I've always been grabbed by music, but especially at DIsneyland. I wnated anyone to share any way music just strikes them on a presoanl level.

For me,

My mother always starts crying during those orchastra hits at the beginning of Remember

I always feel so care-free when sitting in the wharf with some Mexican Food, watching when the waves crashed on the rocks, and all suymmed up with the AWESOME Bakey Theme

The new Space track is brilliant. Retro, yet very techno, upbeat!

Fantasmic though! There was a time when I struggled to find myself, and I was contemplating suicide. I was an big Disney fan, and one day, my friend gave me the opportunity to see Fantasmic from the balcony. It was actually my first time seeing the show. But as soon as I heard that music and saw Mickey dancing, it all made sense. It was such an incredible feeling, I valued life so much. There is nothing ever horrible enough that could make that moment amazing.

Sorry for such a long post about my stupid little life, I just LOVE music and its personal effects on people
    That's such a great story about "Fantasmic!".

One of the wonderful things about great music and great art of all kinds is that they have the power to restore one's faith in humanity and in the possibilities of life.

• =)

Music is amazing that way. It expresses emotions that can't be expressed any other way--it has subtleties that other art forms can't pick up on. And it's fun! I especially love film scores, particularly John Williams' better works.

Disneyland music has so many intense, visceral ties to memory for me. Hearing a little music from a ride sets off a chain reaction of abstract memories and feelings--most of them very, very good.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

So if you are music major hopefully you will agree with me that the Parade of Dreams theme song is the worst piece of Disney music ever played in any of their parks. How they could have accepted a piece of music that is basically centered on a single note is beyond me.

As far as the music that grabs me, it is no longer there. It was the finale to Great Moments With Mr Lincoln (From the old days -- even before the two brothers makeover -- you know the slides with the Leroy Neman type artwork) and the finale to America the Beautiful.

AHHH! Parade of Dreams Music!!! It is a very very simple piece. I'm not sure what happened there. It seems like Disney gets its best fromt he bigger names in the field. Like with Indy and Space. It seems that they don't put in enough time on short-term things, such as the music for the Parade. For a project, I actually remixed the Fantasmic track, think more percussion.
    5 days a week

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I absolutely cannot maintain my composure hearing "When You Wish Upon A Star." When Cliff Edwards' voice soars into the heavens in the final notes, I'm always a bag of mucus.

Feel free to experience the emotion by clicking on my signature.

On the flip side: "Bare Necessities" makes me smile. The faux scat singing by Louis Prima and Phil Harris just kills me.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Time Travel Volunteer

There's probably nothing that's more uplifting than some of the music from the park. And I couldn't agree more with you about Fantasmic! With a lot of music, it seems to lose it's lustre over time, but Fantasmic! makes me feel the same way today that it did when I first saw it.

Also, I especially love all of the random movie scores they play within the Soarin' queue. Specifically, the bits from "Dragon:The Bruce Lee Story" by Randy Edelman.

• Comin' at ya!

For me it'd be Indiana Jones or Splash.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Do You know?

The song that always makes me kinda weepy is the one from Golden Dreams at DCA. The last song called "Just One Dream" gets me all mushy and I just want to start crying in the theater.

• Really!?

Whats wrong with parade of dreams? I thought that theme was great, not Classic but it moved me. Am i thinking of the right song?

"Welcome to our family time, welcome to our brotherly time, this is a festival and best of all we're here to share it all"
    ^^^^
    that song?

But one of the main disney songs (outside of park music) that effects me the most is "I wanna be like you" from jungle book.
    I have loved that song for years, then on a trip to disneyland after being away for a few years, I was going to the bathroom in the disney hotel just before we were about to go home....and the song started
    i lost it & started dancing around the bathroom.... then i turn around & theres a man and his son staring at me..... yyyyeaaa....

But there is one piece of music that some people would find strange to favor. I get goosebumps whenever i hear the music in the Tower of Terror... yea... that gloomy 1940's-type music.
    Probably because i love that ride so much, and i've been through the experience of watching each of my sisters have panic attacks waiting to ride it for the first time with that music in the background.

The music during the christmas fireworks show really turned me into a train wreck also.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    So if you are music major hopefully you will agree with me that the Parade of Dreams theme song is the worst piece of Disney music ever played in any of their parks. How they could have accepted a piece of music that is basically centered on a single note is beyond me.
    Kind of like Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Minion

First of all, congratulations on going to MI, a know quite a few people that go there! Great instruction.

Personally, I can't stand most Disneyland music. At least the current stuff. I hate Parade of Dreams, and all that overly sugary, take all of the feeling out the music, super scripted, American Idol-esque stuff. Ugh.

However, I love the music of New Orleans Square. It's a shame so much of the music in that area is gone!

As far as attractions go, Indy and Pirates do a great job of creating mood.

I absolutely LOVE the guitar solo through the key changes of (the elephants on parade in) Fantasmic.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Im with you on Fantasmic! I cannot watch it without crying.
    Also, I too am a huge sap for "when you wish upon a star"
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

There is a great song on Main Street that I have to listen to. I dunno why but I do. I'll dance to it, even if I'm by myself.

The montage of Golden Dreams is teary to me.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    Whats wrong with parade of dreams? I thought that theme was great, not Classic but it moved me. Am i thinking of the right song?

"Welcome to our family time, welcome to our brotherly time, this is a festival and best of all we're here to share it all"
    ^^^^
    that song?
    Yes, that song. The lyrics are just fine but the music is horrible. 9 times out of 10 I rarely listen to the lyrics of a song and rarely do I judge a song simply by its lyrics. Sometimes I do but as a general rule I don't. These lyrics are just fine to me, but musically it is not very complex. They play it loud through a multi-million dollar sound system. But if they played someone playing a kazoo through it even that would sound good though. But musically speaking, this is not one of Disney's best songs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast