Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Grad Night Speaker said Nemo will be open...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but what else could it mean? What other attraction is new? As soon as my friends come back and tell me, I will post it.
    I'm afraid your friends won't be riding the submarines, unless they happen to be Imagineers or Attractions CM's. Those are the only two groups of people allowed on the ride thus far.

There are some hourly Attractions CM's that have taken multiple test rides on Nemo, as well as the salaried Tomorrowland Attractions managers. The word back from them is "I can't say anything, but.... OH....... MY........ GAWD is it a good ride!"

But until the state inspectors from DOSH show up and approve the facility after a week of inspections and tests, only Disney Company employees are legally allowed on the ride. And of the DisCo employees, about the only two groups allowed on are Imagineers and Attractions CM's. And some Burbank or senior TDA execs like Bob Iger, John Lasseter, Ed Grier, Greg Emmer, etc. Iger and Lasseter have been visiting Anaheim regularly lately, and the lagoon is always a stop on the tour.

Kinda an odd bump, but I go Thursday night (Yeah I know my sig is off). But its strange, the teachers are all saying that Disney has told them that "Nemo will be open!" I wonder who the heck at Disney is getting their information wrong, because they're really messing up. I'm psyched for Grad Night though, this is my first time to Disneyland since August of 2005.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX View Post
    Kinda an odd bump, but I go Thursday night (Yeah I know my sig is off). But its strange, the teachers are all saying that Disney has told them that "Nemo will be open!" I wonder who the heck at Disney is getting their information wrong, because they're really messing up. I'm psyched for Grad Night though, this is my first time to Disneyland since August of 2005.
    Have fun (I hated both grad nites I went to but that's partially because my high school HAD to pick one of the busiest days to go)! It's kind of experiencing a warped Disneyland...very different.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed...tsk tsk on Disney...

Thanks! I'm going straight to Splash Mountain first, then Pirates and The Haunted Mansion. I'd like to go on Indy but I may just go to the Matterhorn, and I'd love to go on Space Mountain as long as its not Rock'it Mountain. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would be cool too, but I only have so much time. We're one of the lucky schools that gets to go to California Adventure before Grad Night starts.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Here is the rundown, Grad Night Tickets go on sale tomorrow and we had a speaker tell us what to expect, what to wear, the rules, etc. She said she talked to some people at Disneyland and they said the Subs will be open. Someone at Disneyland really screwed up because we're going to be there the morning of May 25th, and I know there is no shot AT ALL of the ride being open then. So, the point it, a lot of kids in my school are going to be disapointed.
    As other's have said, like to see if fact or fiction.
    After all, they are having a contest just to get a spot on the ride for June 6 and 7.
    I'm sure there is going to be a CM preview too.
    So for a grad nite to get one before this, I have my suspicions.

And maybe I read your screen name wrong, but you do have the word Hoax (spelled differently) in it.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• n/a

I hope it's not open to HS kids, nothing against you... but I remember the Grad Nite crowd. Something tells me if they get first crack a the subs, our new babies will be premiering with some graffiti or interior damage of some sort.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I'm afraid your friends won't be riding the submarines, unless they happen to be Imagineers or Attractions CM's. Those are the only two groups of people allowed on the ride thus far.

There are some hourly Attractions CM's that have taken multiple test rides on Nemo, as well as the salaried Tomorrowland Attractions managers. The word back from them is "I can't say anything, but.... OH....... MY........ GAWD is it a good ride!"

But until the state inspectors from DOSH show up and approve the facility after a week of inspections and tests, only Disney Company employees are legally allowed on the ride. And of the DisCo employees, about the only two groups allowed on are Imagineers and Attractions CM's. And some Burbank or senior TDA execs like Bob Iger, John Lasseter, Ed Grier, Greg Emmer, etc. Iger and Lasseter have been visiting Anaheim regularly lately, and the lagoon is always a stop on the tour.
    What you are saying makes complete sense. But....then how were some of the celebs from the pirates premier able to go on the ride on Saturday? This was mentioned in a few different trip reports.

That being the case I would think that there is a remote chance that it could be open for grad night. You never know, stranger things have happened.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by tigger37 View Post
    What you are saying makes complete sense. But....then how were some of the celebs from the pirates premier able to go on the ride on Saturday? This was mentioned in a few different trip reports.

That being the case I would think that there is a remote chance that it could be open for grad night. You never know, stranger things have happened.
    Not that I think celeb's should get all this treatment.
    But, I would think before they have clearance they prefer to have adults go on before teens.
    Nothing worse than something to go wrong with a sub full of teens. That would be some very unhappy parents.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Done waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by tigger37 View Post
    What you are saying makes complete sense. But....then how were some of the celebs from the pirates premier able to go on the ride on Saturday?
    Perhaps the celebs signed a waiver that they wouldn't hold the mouse liable for any injury or damages. I think I heard about such a waiver a long time ago in a thread or one of Al's updates.

Do we even have concrete proof that celebs did get to ride Nemo?
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Fear The Warth

there is no possible way that anybody can ride the subs unless they are a disney cm or WDI. thr ride hasn't even been inspected yet. and no celebs can ride the ride if dosh hasn't inspected the ride so nobody has ridin it excpet disney cm. and the grad nite rumors are all lies the last 3 grad nites are the only ones getting nemo and all the other ones a SOL.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm sure this is for the June Grad Nights. Mine wasn't until mid-June.

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    I hope it's not open to HS kids, nothing against you... but I remember the Grad Nite crowd. Something tells me if they get first crack a the subs, our new babies will be premiering with some graffiti or interior damage of some sort.
    Oh man, I totally understand where you're coming from. I hate teenagers, and yeah, I know I'm one. They're a bunch of immature kids, most of tem anyways. And whoever said they though my name was hoax, its supposed to be Hawks. Like the Football team, C-HOX = Seahawks. And FYI I know the person that told my school this is full of crap, I just thought I'd make a thread about it when it happened, and since I'm going in two days I figured I'd bump this and report that the lying is still continuing.

No grad nights whatsover

I moved down here recently and never made any real friends. And the ones I did make are either too afraid of the loop on California Screamin' or the drop on Splash Mountain. So I'm pretty much going at it alone, I think it'll be pretty damn fun and a very unique experience. Why I'm mentioning this, I have no idea. I'll be sure to give you guys a trip report about it, and mention all the stupid stuff I saw the teenagers do. Thats always fun.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I moved down here recently and never made any real friends. And the ones I did make are either too afraid of the loop on California Screamin' or the drop on Splash Mountain. So I'm pretty much going at it alone, I think it'll be pretty damn fun and a very unique experience. Why I'm mentioning this, I have no idea. I'll be sure to give you guys a trip report about it, and mention all the stupid stuff I saw the teenagers do. Thats always fun.
    Nemo or no Nemo, have a great time on Grad Night!

--Barry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast