Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grad Night Speaker said Nemo will be open...

Here is the rundown, Grad Night Tickets go on sale tomorrow and we had a speaker tell us what to expect, what to wear, the rules, etc. She said she talked to some people at Disneyland and they said the Subs will be open. Someone at Disneyland really screwed up because we're going to be there the morning of May 25th, and I know there is no shot AT ALL of the ride being open then. So, the point it, a lot of kids in my school are going to be disapointed.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Grad Night Speaker said Nemo will be open...

I am curious to see if this is fact or fiction...

It has to be fiction. There is no way they're open then. I got excited when she said it but then remembered they were on a really tight schedule.

Maybe they'll use the grads as test rats...
    Hope they told 'em they can't smoke in the subs...

"They's two B's in basketball!"

• Minion

There are several grad nites after June 11th, and the soft openings should begin in early June. So, they could have the subs open for most of the June grad nites.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

This could possibly be true because if I remember correct; weren't the kids from grad-night last year the first ones to ride Rockin Space Mountain?
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Sock Puppet

I know some people going to a preview this week, and they are supposed to see Nemo after eating at Club 33. It is entirely possible, even though we all thought it wasn't even close.

• Suspended

CM's accepted on the Subs Opening Crew have been told by management to be ready to work the last three Grad Nites for '07. But those three aren't until the second and third weeks of June.

The Grad Nite on May 24th/25th will not offer Finding Nemo. If this "speaker" that came to your school was a Disneyland Cast Member working on behalf of the Group Sales department, then you really need to phone Group Sales and mention this to them. There's a good chance this woman is going around to many schools in SoCal saying the same thing, and there could be quite a few upset grads and chaperones for Grad Nite's 1 through 4.

This woman needs to get her facts straight, especially if she is on the Disney payroll working for the Disneyland Group Sales department.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    CM's accepted on the Subs Opening Crew have been told by management to be ready to work the last three Grad Nites for '07. But those three aren't until the second and third weeks of June.

The Grad Nite on May 24th/25th will not offer Finding Nemo. If this "speaker" that came to your school was a Disneyland Cast Member working on behalf of the Group Sales department, then you really need to phone Group Sales and mention this to them. There's a good chance this woman is going around to many schools in SoCal saying the same thing, and there could be quite a few upset grads and chaperones for Grad Nite's 1 through 4.

This woman needs to get her facts straight, especially if she is on the Disney payroll working for the Disneyland Group Sales department.
    Actually she works for my school but spoke to someone from Disneyland on the phone. Like I said, the person on the phone made a huge mistake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post
    This could possibly be true because if I remember correct; weren't the kids from grad-night last year the first ones to ride Rockin Space Mountain?
    The difference here is that all those Rockin' effects were ready right when Space Mountain re-opened to the public...they just didn't offer it because for marketing reasons, they knew they could hold off on it and use it later to get more crowds of people (or at least, that was thier thought).

Nemo hasn't opened to the public, and it won't officially until June 11th. Management is attempting to work in AP previews a few days before, but we'll see how that pans out.

UncleTom, please keep us updated on the status of the ride and your friends. This could be very interesting.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    UncleTom, please keep us updated on the status of the ride and your friends. This could be very interesting.
    They get to preview a "new attraction," which makes Nemo the only attraction, unless you count Pirates at TSI an attraction or the addition of Jack to POTC a "new attraction." They are going on Wed. I am incredibly jealous.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    They get to preview a "new attraction," which makes Nemo the only attraction, unless you count Pirates at TSI an attraction or the addition of Jack to POTC a "new attraction." They are going on Wed. I am incredibly jealous.
    I'm just curious how they can go on it if it hasn't been cleared for use yet.... It was my understanding that clearance isn't possible til the first week of June (which is why they cant run soft openings.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    ...so will there be a report after Wed on exactly what they get to experience???

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I'm just curious how they can go on it if it hasn't been cleared for use yet.... It was my understanding that clearance isn't possible til the first week of June (which is why they cant run soft openings.)
    I was wondering the same thing, but what else could it mean? What other attraction is new? As soon as my friends come back and tell me, I will post it.

• Directly directed

I'd be jealous if it's true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast