Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The drive isnīt really that long, but after a full day and having to drive your bf back without getting murdered by his parents...isnīt fun. I like to sleep, so I get easily tired. Last time was the first time I drove back, and I kept envisioning this giant black bear eating the freeway. So I had to keep screaming at my bf to keep me awake (the dumb butt kept falling asleep and wasnīt doing his job). Oh yeah, that night before Iīd had 2 hours of sleep, so I doubt this will happen again.

But it sucked.

• Hooterville, USA

Been there, done that. Now it's 5 minutes and I'm at the park. In fact, I'm headed there now.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Rock Star Minion

To you folks traveling down The 5: are there still sneakers on fence posts around those radio towers near Los Banos (I think)? I've never stopped for a closer look, so I can't tell whether they're nailed down or just perched there by passers-by.
    From Sacto, driving solo is probably more expensive than flying, factoring in depereciation on the car and the price of gas. But then there's getting to airport, leaving a car (?), and then getting from JW to DL. However, there are the 10 hours that could be spent at DL instead of a car.

Anyone want to start a carpool network from NoCal? I can't, since I don't live there.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

We have a 4 hour drive, but our family sucks so bad, we have to have a portable DVD player in the back seat, because we have no imagination. So, we drive up with some disney movie in there. So, we have those sounds, along with, "MO-OM, SHE'S TOUCHING ME! HE TRIED TO UNBUCKLE MY SEATBELT!! DAD, HE WON'T GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THE TV!!" Fun, right?

• Former leftist media hack

I have seen sneakers at Los Banos, but we don't stop there anymore. Our stops are Santa Nella (because the gas there is relatively cheap compared with the rest of The 5 before Hell-ay) and a potty/cafffeine stop at Laval Road before the Grapevine. If a food break is needed in-between, it's all about Kettleman City (In-N-Out, Pizza Hut) for drive-through nastiness.

And I've now made it twice in less than 6:30. Of course, on my way up last week, I needed a Starbucks triple shot in Santa Nella to make it! :-)

When I was a kid, I used to think the drive was horrible, but these days, it's not that bad. I don't believe in DVD players in cars, but for long trips, they have a use. We play I Spy and sing and the whole she-bang, but at some point, the Disneyland DVD gets popped into our portable player, then it's some movie, then Dora. That's usually plenty.

And Sediment, if you plan ahead, flying is less expensive for one or two people. Three or more, driving is less. I've done the math a number of times. The thing that kills flying now is all the 9/11 fees. I understand the point, but for four people, it's an extra $100.
    Last edited by Ian; 06-14-2005 at 08:38 AM.
    "I just want to say, this is the best trip ever." - Aidan at age 4

"No. I have no kiss in my mouth for Daddy." -Alida on Father's Day

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    To you folks traveling down The 5: are there still sneakers on fence posts around those radio towers near Los Banos (I think)? I've never stopped for a closer look, so I can't tell whether they're nailed down or just perched there by passers-by.
    From Sacto, driving solo is probably more expensive than flying, factoring in depereciation on the car and the price of gas. But then there's getting to airport, leaving a car (?), and then getting from JW to DL. However, there are the 10 hours that could be spent at DL instead of a car.

Anyone want to start a carpool network from NoCal? I can't, since I don't live there.

Right now a plane ticket to Anaheim is $150 and gas to get down there both ways is around $100.

• wasting time

For me it takes about 20 minutes to drive to the park unless there's heavy traffic (then it takes up to 35 minutes).

Hmm.. I think I'll go there today for lunch.

[Countdown=&day=14&month=6&year=2005&hour=12&min=00 &sec=00]Having lunch @ Disneyland in:[/countdown]

I guess I should & shower and dress now.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    For me it takes about 20 minutes to drive to the park unless there's heavy traffic (then it takes up to 35 minutes).

[Countdown=&day=14&month=6&year=2005&hour=12&min=00 &sec=00]Having lunch @ Disneyland in:[/countdown]

You know, they don't call you Evil for nothing.
    You and Druggas can just go jump off a Dumbo.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Right now a plane ticket to Anaheim is $150 and gas to get down there both ways is around $100.
    And don't forget, Sacto area folks, you still have to drive to SMF, which isn't nearly anyone or anything; you've got to park, which is what, $8 a day now, and you've got to get from whatever airport you arrive at (LAX, SNA, etc) to the Resort--which means either a bus/limo/taxi ride or renting a car.

I think I'll take the drive instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    And don't forget, Sacto area folks, you still have to drive to SMF, which isn't nearly anyone or anything; you've got to park, which is what, $8 a day now, and you've got to get from whatever airport you arrive at (LAX, SNA, etc) to the Resort--which means either a bus/limo/taxi ride or renting a car.

I think I'll take the drive instead.

I live off of Garden Hwy, So I can just walk to the airport . And there is the blue airport shuttle bus that is $15 a person (I think)

I'll drive too, just to save money(for Disneyland stuff)

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    You know, they don't call you Evil for nothing.
    You and Druggas can just go jump off a Dumbo.
    I prefer to jump off Casey JR.
    I'm happy innerSpaceman is not a wrestler :devil:

• Former leftist media hack

Actually, Wotan. I live less than two miles from SMF. And now they have a Pyramid Brewery inside Terminal B, so it's worth the trip! :-)

If you plan ahead and get the $39 fares down to ONT or LAX (SNA is always more), you can get two people down there for about $210 with shuttles. That's close to the cost of driving with gas, time, wear and tear. More than two people, it's just not worth it.
    "I just want to say, this is the best trip ever." - Aidan at age 4

"No. I have no kiss in my mouth for Daddy." -Alida on Father's Day

I'm happy innerSpaceman is not a wrestler :devil:
    I'm happy that I don't live with a wrestler, yet!!

And since I am finally done with School, I need to find a job & an apt down in SoCal by next year.

• wasting time

I'm happy that I don't live with a wrestler, yet!!

And since I am finally done with School, I need to find a job & an apt down in SoCal by next year.
    You say that every year. Get your butt down here already!

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

haha i got you all beat, From Calgary Alberta Canada, To Anhiem Ca... A Total of about 30 hrs driveing and this is my dad goin super fast With an over night stay in las vegas woot woot! or salt lake then it take's even longer cus my mom likes to stop in vegas
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast