What is it like to drive to Disneyland?
I'd love to hear everyone's road stories about their drive to Disneyland. The funniest things happen on our 6 hour drive to Disneyland and 6 hour drive to get home.
If you really want to know what it is like to drive down to Disneyland with children aka. spawn, take a look for yourself! Be forewarned! These are uncensored for absolutely silliness.
Spawn in Action Part One
Spawn in Action Part Two
THE NOT SO FUN THINGS
1. "Mom she's looking out my window!!!!" It's a classic complaint, especially since I am in a CRV and there are windows all around the car.
2. The crayons that the kids forget on the seat and we make a pit stop at the rest area and its off Highway 5 where the temp is lingering near 100 degrees.
3. When the sun is setting or rising and it creeps into the car, the kids try to avoid it by scooting over, the more they shrink away from it, the closer they get to each other. This starts the classic, "She's touching me!", "OWW! Your touching me!" "Stop!" "Don't!" "MOMMMM!!!"
4. The overhead light in the car, when its dark out and the kids need to turn the light on for everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. They need to adjust their socks, *flick* the light goes on. They need to adjust their seatbelt, *flick*, they think they dropped something, *flick*, they want to see if the door is locked *flick*, *flick*, *flick*. It drives me nuts!
5. The snacking. If they get bored in the car, suddenly they are hungry. "I'm hungry mommy." "Mom, I'm hungry." "There’s nothing to eat! Man!" "Mommmmm??? I'm hungry!" Ugh. Too much snacking!!!
6. The spills. Oh those fun spills. Especially when ice is involved. What is really funny is how when they spill something, they immediately say each others name in an incriminating manner. I have to really try hard not to laugh.
THE FUN THINGS
1. We all sing all our favorite Disney and Disneyland songs the whole way down. We sing and sing.
2. Hearing the kids excitement grow the closer we get to Disneyland and then when we spy the first Disneyland sign, the cheers and laughter.
3. Reminiscing about Disneyland memories, remembering special times at the park. We all take turns recalling our favorites.
4. Harris Ranch. We love stopping there. It's a tradition!
5. Stopping at particular cities along the way and gas stations. We are creatures of habit, each one has a special something we always get there or do.
6. The girls each are allowed a certain bag that holds only so many little toys. They play with these toys/figurines/Barbies on the way down. To hear them playing is hilarious. They say the cutest things!!
7. The best part is our destination of course! What could be better??
The bus the bus the B-U-S
For me to get to The Land I leave my home-like place, walk to the bus stop, wait, get on bus, get off at Harbor Blvd. wait or run depending on if the bus is already there, get on and sit, take out cd player to drownd out all other noise, get off bus in front of Disneyland Resort, put cd player back in lunchbox. it usually takes about a half hour to get there depending on how bad traffic is... i dont drive its too scary with all the other insane driving people out there. :D