Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

What to do with DCA's Pacific Wharf?

I realize it's just a sub-section of the "Golden State" area, but still - here's an entire themed area that's basically a food court and a couple of corporate-sponsored walk-throughs. Will there ever be a full-fledged attraction in this area, and, if so, what would it be, and how would it fit the theme? I think that they could at least cram another dark ride in the space of the Boudin Bakery and Mission Tortilla Factory, and more if they used some or all of the space occupied by the restaurants (I know that some people like the restaurants, but I understand that a lot of them are closed most of the time anyway.)

Or, do you think it should be rethemed? Or just stay the same? Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this section of the park.

• Banned User

Re: What to do with DCA's Pacific Wharf?

Disney's Pixar Wharf

• Rally Time!

put in a loop.

and a shack.
    a friend of Walt.

• California Golden Bear

The wharf should be the enterence to a real San Francisco land which could be built on the parking lot behind it
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• ...TWO BITS!

E-ticket south of PW in Timon lot. Could have been Incredibles, but that's another issue. Entrance on the east side. Exit on the west side, and able to enter Paradise Pier through that lonely Ice Cream shack. Yes I know there's a backstage road there, but with time, I think that would be relocated. And it provides a good crowd flow. Guests from the entrance who want to ride this PW E-ticket can enter fairly easy. Then when they exit, they're closer to the backside of PP to give that area some more crowds.

A D or C ticket dark ride/flume (or perhaps the E-ticket could be the flume ride...) anyways, in the old Chinese Fortune Cookie Factory and Treasures in Paradise store. Maybe an outdoor flume track into that little harbor.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    The wharf should be the entrance to a real San Francisco land which could be built on the parking lot behind it
    With a Castro District?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If you want it to be 'fabulous', it better.

• Grumpy old man

I kind of liked the Pacific Wharf the way it was, I don't think it really needs any sort of attraction like a ride. Maybe some street entertainment type stuff would add to it.

• It's all nonsense

I don't see the wharf as a real problem area. But the whole winery area across from it is. If you sit outside at the Trattoria you can see the Bugs Land, Pacific Wharf area, Paradise Pier, and even some of the SF area. Take out the winery and make all that a wharf type area with some sort of water/flume ride. It would blend better into the Pier/SF area.

DCA is sooooo under rated, I love it there, especially at night, the place is awesome, give it time, it will come around, slowly but surely

• Do You know?

I always thought since it is trying to be Montery-like they should install an aquarium. Some native fish to California region (like Montery Bay's). The petting zoo goes over so well at DL so some nice touch pools with starfish and sting rays. It does not have to be huge, but they could take out part of that farm that seems to be never used.

Good idea!

• Yeah...I'm cool

I like the are tto, especillay when they have live entertainment. I know poepl will hate this, but I like the foodcourt idea, just put in more options and better quality. I love being able to go w/ my family, everyone can go get what interest them, and we can sit down and listen to some music.

How about a real California Adventure and make it a parking lot.

• Fastest Man Alive

As is, Pacific Wharf is kinda a waste. But it seems more than likely it will be poised at the entrance of the future DCA expansion whenever it pushes out in the Timon lot. When that happens, sometime in the future, the attendance for DCA should be pushed up high enough to re-open the Fortune Cookery. I like the idea of a foodcourt area. Disneyland could sure use it, sometimes there once you get your food, finding a table is a arduous ordeal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast