Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walk In Walt's Footsteps

I was wondering if the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour was worth the price and time? Is it intersting or just a lot of facts that are fairly common? Any inforamtion would help?

• Minion

Re: Walk In Walt's Footsteps

Have heard it is one of the best tours. And if you are a certain level AP holder or a AAA member, you get a discount.

• Premium Youngling and

I haven't been on it yet but I am sure that a majority would be "common" facts if you are a total Disney geek and then I am sure that there are a few "no way" facts thrown in as well... I have heard some pretty good things about it so I would give it a whirl if I were you

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I've been on it, great tour and not too pricey. Lunch is included, make sure you get Walt's favorite Chili baked in cornbread.

If you have a Disney Visa you get a pretty good discount too.

Chad

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Totally worth the price.

I went for my birthday in January and had a fantastic tour guide. I'm a Disneyland FREAK when it comes to info, and let me say that I learned a lot while on the tour.

The lunch/dinner offerings are great, btw. I highly recommend Walt's speciality

btw, it's not a guarentee, but while I was on my tour, I got to ride the Lilly Belle.

• Eeyore smiling

I just took the tour a month ago and really enjoyed it. I had put it off many times due to cost, but I was there just with a girlfriend, so I was only paying for my share, making it much easier to say yes to it. Meanwhile I was very impressed with the lunch that you get, top notch, which made it not quite so expensive. The biggest thing that they do, in my opinion, is they take you into the lobby of Club 33, and you can take a picture in the glass elevator, so remember your camera. Other than that, I would say most facts I knew, although there were a couple that I had never heard before, which really struck me. Somewhat if you are very Disney knowledgable, then I would say half the fun is listening to see if you already knew them or not! I was so proud of the fact that (due to the exposure here on Mice Chat) I knew what the "Berm" was!
    Finally you also get a very cool pin that you can only get if you take the tour.
    I really was glad that I took the tour. (PS I have 3 fairly grown children, so the cost difference of paying for 5 vs 1 was huge).

• I'll pencil this in later

hmm, i have no idea, i would personally love to go on this tour.. and if you dont mind me asking, out of curiousity, how much does it cost? :P

Much like how a certain Skipper can make or break a Jungle Cruise experience, a lot of your enjoyment of the Tour will depend upon the expertise of the Tour Guide. Every Guide has different strengths and weaknesses, and differing levels of ability when it comes to answering questions, vamping, and thinking on their feet. And while the Tour does have a "script", the Guide is allowed to add to the Tour and show off their general Disney knowledge within reason.

It's definitely worth doing at least once.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

•   

I've been on the tour and recommend it. Since I'm a disney geek, I did know some of the things they talked about, but most of it I didn't. (I didn't know they actually pipe in the sweet aroma on main street)

The guide was very nice, knowledgeable, friendly, and not overly perky <g>. And was happy to answer questions. (and yes, she was even asked if Walt was frozen somewhere!) But I agree, the tone of tour is really up to the tour guide.

I don't know if they still do this, but when I went in addition to the lunch you also got this really cool walk in walt's footsteps pin that featured a painting of that famous picture of walt walking over the footbridge from the castle. While I'm not a pin collector, I love that pin and it's on my fridge <g>

We got to look inside the entrance of club 33 (we didn't get to actually go in) but I figure that's the closest I'll ever be so I was happy! You don't see Walt's apartment or anything like that that's really behind the scenes in the physical sense. The tour is mostly informational. But I really had a good time and would go again with out of town friends.

• Minion

My 3 teens and I went on it. We loved the pics in Club 33 best. The food was great. Seeing the way an apartment was going to be set up over the Gallery was fun. We are all pretty much Disney geeks, and we all learned something. The cost is $59, with about $10 off for APs or Disney Visa.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Down Pluto!

Went on it a year ago with my kids - we loved it and it was worth every penny. Sure you get a lot of information you already know - but even this old curmudgeon of a Disney Geek learned some things. I got to see a "retired" orchid from Tiki Room, the entry to Club 33 (got a photo of us in the elevator), and a few other almost-behind-the-scenes things.

... and Dee ROCKS!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Hooterville, USA

We went for free,but I would have paid for it too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sock Puppet

It's an excellent tour. No matter how much you know (or think you know), there will be things that are new. Besides, it's just a lot of fun.

• A Pirate's life for me!

We enjoyed it.

I recommend it.

Enjoy!

• Merrily on my way to

We went and had a great time. I would even consider doing it a second time. We took the tour during the 50th so our pin was all gold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast