View Poll Results: How do you use your FP return window?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right away. If the window is 7:00, I'm there at 7:01!

15 19.23%
  • Pretty soon. A few hours max.

52 66.67%
  • After a day...or a few days...

5 6.41%
  • There's a collection at my house from months ago that I'm still using!

6 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: FASTPASS Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    You knew it was wrong, yet you did it anyways.

Well, that tells others a lot about your integrity. I know it's not like you broke a law or whatever... but come'on, it still isn't nice to cut ahead of all of those guests waiting in the standby line. Someone once told me a good quote about integrity, "It means to do the right thing, even when no one is looking."

Sorry if it seems like I'm making a big deal about little stuff, however this is a message board so it's good to have topics we can talk about in detail. I think it just annoys me because of what I said before how people try to always get around simple rules. So much time shouldn't have to be spent "checking and double checking" every single ticket.

Just my point of view on things, thanks for reading.
    hehe, good idea! And very nice of you... I'm sure others are really surprised and thankful when you do that.

haha ok...i'll admit im not quite proud of what i did. But, it wasnt intentional to bend the rules just for bending the rules sake, nor was it to get in front of people in line. I go to DL so often i really dont have a need for fastpasses anymore actually . But i did it, honestly, to see if they really have a tight grip on the whole system. Obviously there are holes. Lastly, before my integrity is questioned i just want to say how far my school has gone to instil a code of integrity within its students and through the years it has made me the person that i am today. I really hate to defend myself because it makes it seem like i really did do something wrong. Maybe i really did do something wrong maybe i didnt...i 'll leave that to you and all the other MCers. But heres a quote from myself(im sorry if someone else said it before me) "i would rather have people remember me for something that i did wrong than for something i did right. That way at least people would know what wrong is and speak out against it"

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Queen of Sarcasm

I used to work on three FP attractions in Tomorrowland (now that I think about it I worked all the FP attractions in the area ) and I used to hate the whole coming back before your time slot and just stand there staring at the CM. It isn't going to let you in any faster nor will harassing the CM to let you in early. There have been times when I have caught guests trying to go in with either old or counterfeit passes. If caught, especially with counterfeit passes, you are going to be getting in a lot of trouble.

When I go to the park now as a guest we never use FPs. The occasional time that we do get them we don't use them because we are busy doing something else and then forget about them. I think that people that go against the system blantly show a very bad character interpretation of themselves.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I used to work on three FP attractions in Tomorrowland (now that I think about it I worked all the FP attractions in the area ) and I used to hate the whole coming back before your time slot and just stand there staring at the CM. It isn't going to let you in any faster nor will harassing the CM to let you in early. There have been times when I have caught guests trying to go in with either old or counterfeit passes. If caught, especially with counterfeit passes, you are going to be getting in a lot of trouble.
    Doing Fastpass at Soarin' whenever people wanted to get 'just a little bit early' I would just explain that all those people over in the standby line have been waiting for a long time and if I let you in early they would have to wait even longer.

And I pointed out that when they got their fastpass, they agreed to wait until the start time to use it and that I was just holding them to their agreement.

Didn't make some of them like it but it didn't bother me. Just the rules, ma'am.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
    Coming Back at 655 when your time is 700 is lame STOP!!!! Cast Members have better things to do than waste our breath on telling you to come back... And moving back three feet and starring at us for the 5 minutes is pointless go get a Churro. Acting like you had no idea what time it is, is also lame. Stop. Come back a few minutes after your time, Or anytime after that!
    Showing up a few minutes early is not a big deal. Let them in. People get a FP and usually it is a couple of hours until they can come back. People who get there a little early are not deliberately trying to cheat the system, they just got there a little early -- some people see the time on the FP ticket and they view it as they would a restaurant reservation or a doctors appointment. They are not dumb, and they are not trying to cheat anything. Because of this I think they should be let through.

It is better IMHO to let them through if they got there a little early (I am talking less than 10 or 15 minutes) than to clog up the area around the queue entrances. And also is it really worth getting a guest all upset over this? The guests at standby are not inconvenienced because they have no idea what the FP holder's return time is. And if allowing guests in early clogs up the Fastpass cue then why allow guests in after the ticket has expired, which is frequently allowed with no questions asked?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Showing up a few minutes early is not a big deal. Let them in. People get a FP and usually it is a couple of hours until they can come back. People who get there a little early are not deliberately trying to cheat the system, they just got there a little early -- some people see the time on the FP ticket and they view it as they would a restaurant reservation or a doctors appointment. They are not dumb, and they are not trying to cheat anything. Because of this I think they should be let through.

It is better IMHO to let them through if they got there a little early (I am talking less than 10 or 15 minutes) than to clog up the area around the queue entrances. And also is it really worth getting a guest all upset over this? The guests at standby are not inconvenienced because they have no idea what the FP holder's return time is. And if allowing guests in early clogs up the Fastpass cue then why allow guests in after the ticket has expired, which is frequently allowed with no questions asked?
    Once you don't enforce the time on the fastpass where do you draw the line ?

If you let in people who are 5 minutes early, then why not 6 minutes, 10 minutes, etc. ?

It then becomes arbitrary and you might as well not have the return time at all.

It won't hurt to make guests wait a few minutes and once they understand that CM's will enforce the return times, they can adjust their behavior accordingly.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Then that would be defeating the purpose of a return time. When I was training at my attractions I was always told to enforce the return times on the tickets. It is also for consistency sake. If I at Space lets a person in five minutes early they are going to be going around the park hasseling someone over at Splash to let them in early because "that girl at Space Mountain let me in before the time on my ticket." The guests in standby are inconvenienced due to the fact that they would have to waiting longer than the quoted time posted. I think that the system would work perfectly fine if not so many people tried to cheat the system for their own gain.

• Progressive Disneylander

Personally, I would never even consider using a FP anytime after the day I got it. If I didn't make it on the attraction during the day, it's my loss.

While I'm a FP advocate, I do play fairly by the rules that Disney has in place.

I would feel uncomfortable (and downright unscrupulous) if I tried to knowingly use an out-dated pass. It's much more fun to bypass a 60-minute Stand By line of people knowing you did it fairly.

• Banned User

Ever since I realized they aren't very strict on when you return, as long as you don't return before, I tend to return after the window has passed almost half the time. It tends to make my time there less hectic.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    It's much more fun to bypass a 60-minute Stand By line of people knowing you did it fairly.
    Well said!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    Then that would be defeating the purpose of a return time. When I was training at my attractions I was always told to enforce the return times on the tickets. It is also for consistency sake. If I at Space lets a person in five minutes early they are going to be going around the park hasseling someone over at Splash to let them in early because "that girl at Space Mountain let me in before the time on my ticket." The guests in standby are inconvenienced due to the fact that they would have to waiting longer than the quoted time posted. I think that the system would work perfectly fine if not so many people tried to cheat the system for their own gain.
    The main problem is dealing with perspective. Disneyland is the only theme park that I know of that offers a Fastpass system. People who don't go to Disneyland frequently or guests from out of town do not understand that when a Fastpass says to return from 1 - 2, that means they will not be allowed in line until 1 o'clock. They think they can get there a little early and they will let them in. When they find out they can't get in they are not familiar with the system so all they really think of doing is milling around until their time comes. I am not singling out CM's here, please, but this really needs to be considered when wondering why guests are doing this. I, being a frequent visitor, know that I will not be let in early. I know not to rush to the queue at the first time printed because there is plenty of time to get there within the window and I will be let in with no wait. A guest who rarerly goes, or has never been, does not know this. This is in no way the fault of the guest.

I do agree that many guests will insist to be let in early to Space because they may have been let in early to Indy. But the bottleneck at the Space queue does not effect a major traffic way through the park. I can see where they can be a little more strict at Space. But the Indy queue is different because allowing the Fastpassers to have to wait severely bottlenecks the traffic in an area that needs to be as clear as possible at all times.

Long story short, I think the best solution in this case is to this is to get rid of the Indy Fastpass altogether.

We usually try to use our Fast Passes right away, but sometimes we have to wait (for whatever reason). So, sometimes we don't get to the ride for an hour or so into the window, but generally we use them right away.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Thumbs down Re: FASTPASS Return Times

People who don't go to Disneyland frequently or guests from out of town do not understand that when a Fastpass says to return from 1 - 2, that means they will not be allowed in line until 1 o'clock. They think they can get there a little early and they will let them in. .
    Sorry.. I don't buy this at all. If it says '1-2'.. that's what it means! And most FPs have a specific time to the minute (say 1:35pm) so logic would tell you if they went to the effort to specific to the minute.. that's what they meant.

And to the arguements of 'not familar'.. Total BS. One whole page of the park map is usually dedicated to it. Don't understand - ASK the CMs. People with language barrier I can understand - but Larry from Nevada.. no sympathy.

And those comments (other posts) about having to 'master the system' .. oh come on! You don't need to know all the 'tricks' of the system to benefit from it. If someone purely picks up one FP at a time, and that's it.. they are doing just fine.

All the jabber about using the non-linked FP, or 'collecting FPs through the day', etc.. call that 'advanced use' and if Larry from Nevada doesn't know that.. he's still happy with what he gets from the system.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I'll get the fastpasses then go off and do something else, usually I dont pay attention to the return times, I just go back whenever and they take it. I have never tried it on a different day though.

Honestly it's a matter of perfecting the system that has CMs so strict on times. If everyone got to go in early or on another day etc...then the system would work even less than it does now. I personally think fastpass should be taken out, but that's me. As it pertains to this topic, jsut don't come early. And yes, Cms for the most part DO check the dates. I have stopped many a person from coming in because their date is wrong. Read the back of the fastpass ticket, it tells you the rules. Unless there was a big breakdown the day before, which we are notified of, then come on the date and time specified. Be happy that disney doesn't let us regulate the return times! We did an audit a while ago about that and lucky for everyone, you can come back past your window, THAT SAME DAY!

For those that follow the rules, I give my hearty thanks.

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    awwww.... let the poor little topic rest, he's ever so tired.
    He's not going to get a job on "The Today Show"?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast