View Poll Results: How do you use your FP return window?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right away. If the window is 7:00, I'm there at 7:01!

15 19.23%
  • Pretty soon. A few hours max.

52 66.67%
  • After a day...or a few days...

5 6.41%
  • There's a collection at my house from months ago that I'm still using!

6 7.69%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• white and nerdy

Re: FASTPASS Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    He's not going to get a job on "The Today Show"?
    Not now he's not.

Plus he had a line of shows at Whiskey Pete's. Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by APL View Post

For those that follow the rules, I give my hearty thanks.
    So I guess scanning a fastpass, using photoshop to change the date and then printing out a few dozen new ones for my own personal use would be right out then?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    So I guess scanning a fastpass, using photoshop to change the date and then printing out a few dozen new ones for my own personal use would be right out then?

Summary Execution.

Gotta keep the guests in order and intimidated

• Just splashing around...

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
    Coming Back at 655 when your time is 700 is lame STOP!!!! Cast Members have better things to do than waste our breath on telling you to come back... And moving back three feet and starring at us for the 5 minutes is pointless go get a Churro. Acting like you had no idea what time it is, is also lame. Stop. Come back a few minutes after your time, Or anytime after that!
    Well now, I think to say that showing up 5 minutes early is "lame" is a bit harsh. I can understand how it might get frustrating to CMs to be constantly having to tell people to wait, but people's watches aren't necessarily synchronized to Fast Pass Clock time, and it is entirely possible that their watch is 5 minutes off from the official clock. And with the crowds as they have been recently, just going to get a churro could set you back a half hour! If they try to argue with you or are rude about it, then that's a different story. I completely understand the logic of strict enforcement, though. If the CMs let you cheat by one minute, then why not two, or five, or a half hour. The system, of course, would then cease to work efficiently.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    but people's watches aren't necessarily synchronized to Fast Pass Clock time, and it is entirely possible that their watch is 5 minutes off from the official clock. A
    But don't most of them have a clock at the FP return ?

Lightbulb Re: FASTPASS Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    If the CMs let you cheat by one minute, then why not two, or five, or a half hour. The system, of course, would then cease to work efficiently.
    Exactly... and for the guests who actually wait until their time, it's very unfair having 30 to 60 people ahead of them in line (who all had FP return times 5 or 10 min after theirs).

For example- if a family is walking around enjoying other attractions and come back at 7:03 for their 7:00pm return time, but end up having to wait longer because all of the 7:05 and 7:10 FP's were allowed to enter before them. And sometimes there is so many people coming in just after a show/parade/fireworks, those 5 minute differences can equal 10 to 15 min more in line.

It's a very exact system because a certain number of FP's are given out every 5 min (ie. 1:00-2:00, 1:05-2:05, 1:10-2:10 etc...) so it must be enforced the same way.

I know everyone feels different on the subject, but hopefully that will shed some light on why FP return times are enforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    But don't most of them have a clock at the FP return ?
    Yep, and all CM's [should] go by that clock when it comes to return times. It makes it fair for everyone.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 04-18-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    -Wes

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Sorry.. I don't buy this at all. If it says '1-2'.. that's what it means! And most FPs have a specific time to the minute (say 1:35pm) so logic would tell you if they went to the effort to specific to the minute.. that's what they meant.

And to the arguements of 'not familar'.. Total BS. One whole page of the park map is usually dedicated to it. Don't understand - ASK the CMs. People with language barrier I can understand - but Larry from Nevada.. no sympathy.

And those comments (other posts) about having to 'master the system' .. oh come on! You don't need to know all the 'tricks' of the system to benefit from it. If someone purely picks up one FP at a time, and that's it.. they are doing just fine.

All the jabber about using the non-linked FP, or 'collecting FPs through the day', etc.. call that 'advanced use' and if Larry from Nevada doesn't know that.. he's still happy with what he gets from the system.
    I think that we can make an exception for people from Nevada. You know how it is.

Especially Larry.

• Banned User

I always come back hours after my return time.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

At the start of a Fastpass return time, I am at another FP attraction getting another FP, no need to be there right at the start. If for some reason I want to use the FP right at starting time, I stand AWAY from the attraction and wait until a couple of minutes after the start time. No need to give CM's any extra grief.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks DarkBeer!

To those who talk about confused tourists, Us cast members know the difference... They go get a fast pass and then come straight to the Fastpass Queue at that time we are glad to explain the system. But on the other end of the spectrum is when a party of three or four with... Gasps... Annual Pass Holder Lanyard come over, and say "Its only 15 Minutes"! "Come on!" and "What a jerk"...
    My Original Plea for people to stop coming at 655 was for people who come every week and should and do know better.

• Golden Dreamer!

Agree with Dakrbeer and Imagineer1985!

Having seen the cast members deal with the early people is terrible! Those people should check the clock!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I do agree though, that if it is apparent that a guest is a passholder, or even appears to be a local and may not go that often, I feel that more courtesy should be extended only to the out of town guest that has never been there before. But us locals and frequent visitors should know better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123