View Poll Results: How do you use your FP return window?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right away. If the window is 7:00, I'm there at 7:01!

15 19.23%
  • Pretty soon. A few hours max.

52 66.67%
  • After a day...or a few days...

5 6.41%
  • There's a collection at my house from months ago that I'm still using!

6 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Defying gravity

FASTPASS Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    After hundreds of successful performances here in the MiceChat Disneyland forum, FastPass topics has decided to retire.
    "Don't worry," FastPass said earlier today, "You can still talk about me in that sticky post, but I've decided not to create any new threads. I've said pretty much all I have to say."
    FastPass advocates are feeling saddened, yet supportive of the choice. Said one supporter "I'm just glad it's over now before we had to read a dozen redundant threads on the same topic."
    Surprisingly, those who oppose FastPass are the largest critics of the choice to retire. Said one, "How am I to constantly remind everyone that this isn't what Walt (Disney) intended?"
    Having enjoyed a rich career including debates about it being good or bad, talks about its merits and disadvantages, and arguments discussing its possible elimination or expansion, FastPass Topics plans to live off of residual income and spend as much time eating Mexican food as it can.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks FastPass topic.
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

We've just scratched the surface of all there is to say!

So let's chat about return times. CMs are outrageously strict about coming back before the return time. I've had to wait outside the entrance at 6:59 pm for a 7:00 pm window. On the other hand, I've used FPs that are days old.

How do you use your FPs - right away, soon after, days...months...years later?!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: FASTPASS Return Times

We've had to use them the next day, since Space Mtn broke down the day before. They were good about it.

We rarely ever get back to enjoy the ride before the time slot allows. I'd say that we put the system to work for us...

Lightbulb Re: FASTPASS Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    We rarely ever get back to enjoy the ride before the time slot allows. I'd say that we put the system to work for us...
    SUCH A GOOD POINT! So many people seem to complain about having to "wait outside the attraction" for their return time, well guess what? Don't get there early! It's so funny from a guest and CM point of view to see a line of people waiting for the clock to change outside all of the attractions. They could just as easy walk around and go enjoy something else.

It's just like park opening... if Disneyland opens at 8am, that means 8:00am, not 7:43, 7:56, or 7:59am.

It's not rocket science.

Of course I bet if everyone was allowed to return 5 or 10 min early, those same guests would be the first to complain about FP return lines being too long.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 04-17-2007 at 07:30 PM.
    -Wes

Coming Back at 655 when your time is 700 is lame STOP!!!! Cast Members have better things to do than waste our breath on telling you to come back... And moving back three feet and starring at us for the 5 minutes is pointless go get a Churro. Acting like you had no idea what time it is, is also lame. Stop. Come back a few minutes after your time, Or anytime after that!

I'm curious as the poll says you can use Fastpasses a couple of days after/months after. I know you can use the FP anytime during the current day after the time on the ticket. Do the CM's not look at the date? I assumed if it was the next day you could not use your FP.
    Kungaloosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Micki0624 View Post
    I'm curious as the poll says you can use Fastpasses a couple of days after/months after. I know you can use the FP anytime during the current day after the time on the ticket. Do the CM's not look at the date? I assumed if it was the next day you could not use your FP.
    FP's are only vaild on the date you got them. If a CM isn't paying attention to the tickets then yes I'm sure some old ones get through still. But really... just do what's right. Wouldn't it be nice if people would listen and follow the rules, instead of trying to figure out ways around them?

Sorry, I know that's way too much to ask though.
    -Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Micki0624 View Post
    I thought so too. I guess I should have saved my fastpasses for Space Mountain and Screamin' from the last time, when I couldn't ride them. Instead I tore them up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The only time I might get there a few minutes early is if I'm waiting for my return time for Soarin', and that's because I don't see a clock anywhere designating the actual time.

Everyone's clocks are different...give guests a break, will ya?

I usually come later than my return time, but I don't use FPs from an old date. I see that as cheating a little too much (unless CMs give you permission, as in PirateMickey's case).

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

on saturday night i used a fastpass from january just to see how good the CMs really were about checking them and they let my by without even checking the time! I really didnt expect it to work, but i had the fastpasses in my little ticket/fastpass holder and it was around 7pm. I dont think the fastpass system is enforced well enough

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    on saturday night i used a fastpass from january just to see how good the CMs really were about checking them and they let my by without even checking the time! I really didnt expect it to work, but i had the fastpasses in my little ticket/fastpass holder and it was around 7pm. I dont think the fastpass system is enforced well enough
    Ever try to minutely inspect every fastpass for every guest walking past ? Especially families or groups where one person fans them out ?

It would massively slow down the fastpass line at times. And the CM would get a headache doing it.

We try and take a good glance at them and spot check some and take a closer look if something doesn't look right with the glance.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

We've just scratched the surface of all there is to say!

So let's chat about return times. CMs are outrageously strict about coming back before the return time. I've had to wait outside the entrance at 6:59 pm for a 7:00 pm window. On the other hand, I've used FPs that are days old.

How do you use your FPs - right away, soon after, days...months...years later?!
    awwww.... let the poor little topic rest, he's ever so tired.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Ever try to minutely inspect every fastpass for every guest walking past ? Especially families or groups where one person fans them out ?

It would massively slow down the fastpass line at times. And the CM would get a headache doing it.

We try and take a good glance at them and spot check some and take a closer look if something doesn't look right with the glance.

Oh no doubt! It really would slow things down. I guess thats the little quirk with the fastpass...you have to check them and it does get annoying/monotonous to check every single one...or even just spot checking. I guess there really isnt much anyone can do to prevent that sort of thing. Unless a new system was created, like the entrance ticket scan system. But that would take long still. hmm i really dont know if im arguing anything anymore...not that i was originally haha

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Supermom

We use ours within a few hours, at most. I get passes for everyone with a ticket, even though our little ones don't ride thrill rides. We try to ride multiple times with the kiddies' FPs. But, at the end of the day, if we have leftovers, I bestow them on lucky people who look nice and approachable. I'm my own private dream squad.

• no flash photography...

I chose the first one, but that's not really true.most of the time I do use it within the hour of the time window....not right on time though.

Thumbs down Re: FASTPASS Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    on saturday night i used a fastpass from january just to see how good the CMs really were about checking them... I dont think the fastpass system is enforced well enough
    You knew it was wrong, yet you did it anyways.

Well, that tells others a lot about your integrity. I know it's not like you broke a law or whatever... but come'on, it still isn't nice to cut ahead of all of those guests waiting in the standby line. Someone once told me a good quote about integrity, "It means to do the right thing, even when no one is looking."

Sorry if it seems like I'm making a big deal about little stuff, however this is a message board so it's good to have topics we can talk about in detail. I think it just annoys me because of what I said before how people try to always get around simple rules. So much time shouldn't have to be spent "checking and double checking" every single ticket.

Just my point of view on things, thanks for reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
    I bestow them on lucky people who look nice and approachable. I'm my own private dream squad.
    hehe, good idea! And very nice of you... I'm sure others are really surprised and thankful when you do that.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 04-17-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: fixed message format
    -Wes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast