Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Every Wonder What An Overnight At Disneyland Would Be Like?

I love LOVE love LLOOVVEE theme parks at night. Especially Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. If I could I'd sleep during the day and get up before sunset then rush over to the park. I'd get there in plenty of time to catch all the lights start lighting up in my favorite street, Main Street.

And as the night goes on I'd get to enjoy the park under a starry sky. Maybe catch a visual of a shooting star while riding Dumbo.

The best thing about the overnight experience at Disneyland would be being able to see the park change from night to day, a visual sunrise experience.

Anyone else wishin' Disneyland would stay open overnight 1 night of the year? A special hard ticket event!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Animatronic

Re: Every Wonder What An Overnight At Disneyland Would Be Like?

Been there, done that. It was amazing to creast the top of the Matterhorn lift and see the rising sun. To eat on the Rivers of America and to see only costumed CMs walking about in the early morning hours.

July 17th, 1980. 25th Birthday Party, 25 hours long.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I love LOVE love LLOOVVEE theme parks at night. Especially Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. If I could I'd sleep during the day and get up before sunset then rush over to the park. I'd get there in plenty of time to catch all the lights start lighting up in my favorite street, Main Street.

And as the night goes on I'd get to enjoy the park under a starry sky. Maybe catch a visual of a shooting star while riding Dumbo.

The best thing about the overnight experience at Disneyland would be being able to see the park change from night to day, a visual sunrise experience.

Anyone else wishin' Disneyland would stay open overnight 1 night of the year? A special hard ticket event!
    No. Worked 3 Grad Nights and they suck

Grad Night!

It was awesome being able to see it go from night to day, just like you said. You could really notice the change as we walked down Main Street to leave for the evening. It was quite a different experience, because half of the curb was covered by sleeping people. I have been at the DLR "every hour of the day": 1am-2am, 2am-3am, etc.

• Beep Beep!

I've done it for grad night as well, it was an amazing to experience sunrise in the park, but I was also sooooooooooooo tired at the time
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

I actually did it 3 times, and all times were soooo much fun!

The first was during Disneyland's 25th Anniversary in 1980, when they held there 25 hour party. It started at 12am on 7/17/80 and lasted until 1am, 7/18/80.

The second time was for Grad Nite...

And the last time happend in the late 90's when Disneyland hosted an all night *sleep over* inside Mickey's Toontown. We had to come dressed in our best PJ's and all of Toontown was open, including the rides. It was an all night slumber party, altho no one actually slept.

It's a lot of fun when you can be inside Disneyland and watch the sun rise...it's really beautiful. And I can only imagine how Walt Disney felt when he saw that sun rise above his dream!
    Last edited by DisneyFunGuy; 04-18-2007 at 05:46 AM.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I've never attended a Grad Night or any other special overnight DL outing, but I would absolutely love to! I can't even imagine how fun that would be.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Goofy

I have only seen the sunrise was from grad nite and it looks real nice.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I used to work 3rd shift. I loved the early mornings there! That was my favorite time of the shift!

One summer, would spend the last few hours before park opening on the Autopia track. That was awesome. It was so quiet, I couldn't see another person. I felt like I was 1000 miles away not in the middle of a city.

Also, being in NOS along the streets and the courtyard area at sunrise was cool. There were many birds singing. It was out of the way enough, that I didn;t see the other CM's or hear too much of the hustle and bustle of getting the park ready to open.

One of my first nights working was a Grad night. After the park cleared out the Grad Night guests, I was hosing off the Jet Rockets' platform (this was long ago). It was great being up there at sunrise. Being able to look at over my favorite land of Tomorrowland when it was all clean and only a few people walking around.

I have many great memories of sunrise and early mornings at DL.

I did it for the 25th in 1980 (I was 10) and then again for the Star Tours opening. Anyone remember that? The park was open FOREVER! I was in college and my friends and I went and stayed and then went back to campus and then came back to dance at Videopolis that night!

• i need Disneyland!

i never got to do grad night at DL, but my sister's going to in mid-may. lucky her.

does DL offer sleepovers like these often??? i'd wanna go!!

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    And the last time happend in the late 90's when Disneyland hosted an all night *sleep over* inside Mickey's Toontown. We had to come dressed in our best PJ's and all of Toontown was open, including the rides. It was an all night slumber party, altho no one actually slept.
    DisneyFunGuy - that sounds like it would be so much fun! Was this open to the public, or was it for CMs? I would sooooo want to do this!

I experienced Grad Night - but honestly, it was so long ago for me I don't remember much (17 years ago! ) except that I was dressed up and was exhausted. I'm a night owl who only rarely sees the sun rise, but I do have to admit, the idea of a DL sunrise is very intriguing.
    She did it!

• Minion

I have been for grad nite and then for the worst experience (due to it being soooooo cold) for the opening of DCA. Nothing was open for the DCA thing, but I can say I slept between the castle and the matterhorn! (Well, sorta slept!)

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I had no idea Grad Nite was an overnight experience... I just figured it was during the 7pm to midnight hours.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Comin' at ya!

I thought it'd be fun to try and sneak into DL and say till the next morning...Just to see if they'd find you
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast