Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Club 33 Confirmation Letter and Credit Check

I just received another confirmation of interest letter from Club 33 yesterday.

This is the third one that I have received since entering my name on the waiting list almost 7 years ago.

It indicated the two current membership types. Corporate @ $25,000 initial fee and the Gold @ $9,500. It did not quote the current annual dues rate. When I first joined the list, they also offered a Silver membership level. I believe they removed that option a few years back.

The letter asked to confirm your interest by mailing or faxing back a response.

One thing that I noticed this time that I don't recall seeing in the previous ones, is that it has you initial/authorize individual statements about your interest, including one that authorizes the Club to check your credit history. The previous ones asked if you were still interested, and about which type of membership, but I don't recall the credit check one.

Since I don't believe they offer a credit plan to join (and they shouldn't), I guess they want to check a persons financial means prior to accepting them as a member.

I filled it out and dropped it in the mailbox this morning (BTW-Yes, I confirmed my interest).

Anyone else on the waiting list get one recently?

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Club 33 Confirmation Letter and Credit Check

yeah awhile ago after years of waiting, but declined after those prices, so I just went on Craig's list, found a listing and paid the guy to let us in once and that was enough for us.

• Big Damn Hero

Congrats. Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the Corporate level and the Gold level? (Besides the obvious $15,500)

•   
    • Senior Minion

The credit check is pretty standard... I am a member of a golf club and I did the same thing. They just want to confirm your identity, and make sure you are not some flake.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    yeah awhile ago after years of waiting, but declined after those prices, so I just went on Craig's list, found a listing and paid the guy to let us in once and that was enough for us.
    I bet Disney would revoke that guys membership if they found out who he was.

• Banned User

Are you going to join?

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I bet Disney would revoke that guys membership if they found out who he was.

you would think, but its not uncommon, some people do it on ebay, and down here radio stations offer a day as a prize and charities if you donate this amount you'll get tix for 2...but I heard recently that Club 33 will be going back to their exclusive roots, so to anyone, get in while you still can for now

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Congratulations! Only 7 years, huh? That means I'm getting closer!

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Since I don't believe they offer a credit plan to join (and they shouldn't), I guess they want to check a persons financial means prior to accepting them as a member.
    I believe like most country clubs and private clubs, they do extend the members a credit account in that the members do not pay for anything while at the club, and are billed later. It is considered improper, in many of these types of establishments, to handle money matters in the presence of your guests.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Still wants to be a cat!

Sounds like you are getting closer.......At least they haven't forgotten you!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Comin' at ya!

I wish I had the money for that...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    you would think, but its not uncommon, some people do it on ebay, and down here radio stations offer a day as a prize and charities if you donate this amount you'll get tix for 2...but I heard recently that Club 33 will be going back to their exclusive roots, so to anyone, get in while you still can for now
    Too late. New rules went into effect in February. It was always the case that members who receive a payment in return for providing reservations will lose their membership, but exceptions were made if that payment goes directly to a charity -- and only as long as the member got permission in advance. That exception is now gone. No reservations in direct exchange for funds of any kind, charitable donations included. Members can't even donate reservations to charities if the charities are going to sell/auction or in any way directly exchange those reservations for funds.
    Last edited by KDR; 04-19-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: clarification

• Fighter Pilot

well thre you have it, its about time

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I believe like most country clubs and private clubs, they do extend the members a credit account in that the members do not pay for anything while at the club, and are billed later. It is considered improper, in many of these types of establishments, to handle money matters in the presence of your guests.
    They used to many, many moons ago...but no longer.

Just for the record, Club 33 no longer issues a Charge Card or extends credit themselves like they used to in the "old days." Today, if the Member wants direct billing and no check presented at the table...then they must have a regular credit card on file with Club 33.

In the first couple of decades of Club 33's operation, your Club 33 membership card was also a "Disney Charge Card." This was the same thing as the internal employee Charge Card. It allowed for direct billing, but all charges had to be paid upon billing. So it wasn't like a Credit Card where you could extend payments over many months. And it was only valid at Disney locations.

Then one year Disney decided to do away with their own internal employee Disney Charge Card and employees and Club 33 Members had to provide their own Credit Card at that point. Guess Disney wanted to do away with all the Accounts Receivable and billing hassles associated with their own internal personal Charge Card system.

Another Micechatter PM'd me just a couple of days ago that they got the same letter and the mention of the credit check. This is something new, as they didn't do that in the past. My guess is that they are simply establishing financial responsibility as a prerequisite to new memberships. I doubt they are considering going back to having a Club 33 charge card or extending any sort of credit line to Members.

• Fortune Red Says....

i wish i could afford a membership!! i have always wanted to just once in my life eat at Club 33, it seems like everyone i know but me has gone.. someone take me! haha
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast