Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Tours Renovation?

Does anyone have any information on the idea of renovated the Star Tours ride? Maybe a different video on the screen or even an entire renovation? This is year the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, I thought that they would have done something for this year, but I guess not.
    I like Disneyland...it's pretty sweet.

• DL is my anti-drug.

Re: Star Tours Renovation?

I dont know, but id like to see them come up with something completly new, and move it into the innovations building...then maybe put something new where star tours is now.

• Tinkerbell's Place

I think it would do good honor to the movies to update the video and some of the stuff inside the waiting area. Update the riding area *** well.

• Fighter Pilot

I do remember secret meetings with George about Star Tours and just the whole SW thing and getting in touch with Roger Rabbit and to see how to further that. But thats all they were, were just secret meetings. Plus George is massive busy with the 3 SW TV shows, Indy 4 and SW 3D right now

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Oh no! Not this thread again! Guys, you will here all about at swstartours.net when it happens.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Boogers are salty

George Lucas has been talking about wanting to make a new video since Episode 1 came out

• Rookie

In a nutshell, despite tantalizing hints and public well-wishes, there has been no definitive official word.

Let's hold off speculation until such time as the ride suddenly becomes closed for an extended period.

Not only is it Star Wars' 30th anniversary, but it's also the sadly-overlooked 20th anniversary of Star Tours itself! Seems Disney management really dropped the ball by not having their celebratory plans already in place for 2007.

For the most comprehensive information on Star Tours, including our 20th anniversary retrospective articles and celebrity greetings from folks like Anthony Daniels himself, be sure to check out www.swstartours.net/cms, which is maintained by at least three Micechatters, myself included.

Thanks!
    Lex

• I'm not really here

I personally think they should leave it where it is. It would be a huge hassle to move it and repurpose a rotating building to house it.

They should however do a MAJOR overhaul on it. Rip out the old underfloor reel projectors and put in behind screen digital projection. This could then be used for a number of different ride scenarios. Since the departure board shows various destinations for Star Tours, you could actually set it up to randomly take you different places in the Star Wars universe. You might get a tour of Coruscant, or a trip out to Tatooine. You would never know till you were getting clearance from the tower and Rex welcomed you to your flight to ____________. This would increase the re-rideability significantly. Making it digital would also allow for new sequences to be easily switched in or out of the system at will. "Star Tours is expanding its line of tours. Now serving _____. Book your flight today!" I don't know how old the ride system itself is, but it may be wise to replace it with a newer version while they're at it. All of this would result in a much sharper and crisper video, better motion synching, smoother ride (except where bumps are desired) and the fact that you never know where you'll end up. This randomness is one significant factor for rideability on Tower of Terror. It is always different.

Granted, having 6 or 7 different tours would mean that people would eventually get used to all of them, but it would take 24 times through the ride instead of just 3. It might also kick up the demand for this ride which many times has very short lines and take some of the stress off of other Tomorrowland rides.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I went on Star Tours last night and only the two left Starspeeders were being used. The ones on the right were closed, and there were signs on the doors saying something like, "Temporarily closed due to testing." That is really making me start to wonder...

• Up is Down

I ride first an for most needs a refurb bad thats all I hope for! Any update would be a joke cause.... well it just isnt going to happen.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

It'll happen. I know.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I went on Star Tours last night and only the two left Starspeeders were being used. The ones on the right were closed, and there were signs on the doors saying something like, "Temporarily closed due to testing." That is really making me start to wonder...
    I saw the "Temporarily closed due to testing" signs a few months ago as well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Banned User

Wait for Celebration III

• UT99 Forever

I am a HUGE star wars fan, but that ride bores me to death. Burn it to the ground.

I would rather have a giant billboard of Princess Leia in her gold bikini in its place.

• Star Tours Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Wait for Celebration III
    Or Celebration 4 next month in L.A.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast