Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The "I HATE Dumbo" thread

Of all the rides in Disneyland, I hate the classic flying elephant the most. The sight of him can bring me to tears...only because I KNOW my kids see hime too...and I KNOW we have to ride. Which means that there will be at least a 45 minute wait in pure sunlight, with no fewer than 3 breakdowns each of my 2 oldest children (3 and 4). Once the ride is over, I know my 4 year old will delight me with yet another meltdown...she doesn't want to get off. is there anyway to keep your sanity in Fantasyland with this, ummm, elephant in the room? (pun totally intended!)
    So, join me- all who hold a special disdain for that pint-sized packaderm and declare your hatred for Dumbo!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Re: The "I HATE Dumbo" thread

"iheartdisney" posts an "I HATE dumbo" thread...hehehe

I probably shouldn't post here because I go on that ride every time....and with no kids around either. :|

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    Of all the rides in Disneyland, I hate the classic flying elephant the most. The sight of him can bring me to tears...only because I KNOW my kids see hime too...and I KNOW we have to ride. Which means that there will be at least a 45 minute wait in pure sunlight, with no fewer than 3 breakdowns each of my 2 oldest children (3 and 4). Once the ride is over, I know my 4 year old will delight me with yet another meltdown...she doesn't want to get off. is there anyway to keep your sanity in Fantasyland with this, ummm, elephant in the room? (pun totally intended!)
    So, join me- all who hold a special disdain for that pint-sized packaderm and declare your hatred for Dumbo!
    Thats your problem, your going to Disneyland with children, how do you expect to have fun, if your taking kids then you already forfited your fun for the day

• Fastest Man Alive

Ah yes, Dumbo- along with 'iasw' and 'storybook land canal boats' the bane of all dad's with small children. Keep your sanity by pulling it as your card from when you get old and feeble and the kids need to take care of you "remember all those times I took you on Dumbo!? Oh how I suffered" it's the dad's version of the "how I suffered giving birth you" spiel that mom's get

As for me. Dumbo is cool. I hate Astro Orbitor.

I"m not a huge fan of spinning rides in general... even though they are themed at Disneyland...
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Done waiting!!

Dumbo itself is a classic so its hard to hate on the ride itself. However the queue is pretty miserable. Maybe extending the "circus tent" theme over some of the line would at least cut down on the sun.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    Yes I agree to Dumbo, the rocket ride in Tomorrow land, Dora cars(Great America) and any other similar ride that goes up in the air and around in circles and takes FOREVER to get on!! My 3 year old also screams in line because he isnt' next and screams because he has to get off. Not sure what to do about it other than avoid that part of the park.

down with Dumbo.....
    Janette

Cycle attractions should provide seating in their waiting areas.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Lump the Astro Orbitor.. and Autopia into this pot.

I have my kids pretty well disciplined in that when Daddy axes the idea.. its a done deal And those rides just are not worth the wait. The pain/gain scale is just too far out of wack.

We only do those things when there is really no wait, or we try to do them first thing, etc.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Well, my goddaughter is 3, and she has learned great patience with the Dumbo ride. Disneyland is where she learned about waiting, patience, and turns. Why are your kids having such meltdowns?
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

No, I have to give up some major love for Dumbo. Thrills children the world over. One of the memories that will always stay with me from Hong Kong Disneyland is the looks on the faces of a multi-generational family as they boarded the Dumbo attraction for the first time. As the machinery, already familiar to me, first lifted them off the ground, a mixture of pure surprise and joy crossed their faces. Looking around, this was true of many local families visiting the park for the first time.

So Dumbo, as simple as it is, is still filled with that special Disney 'magic' that you just can't put your finger on. It probably explains the long lines, the waiting and the reason you just can't keep some kids off it!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Thats your problem, your going to Disneyland with children, how do you expect to have fun, if your taking kids then you already forfited your fun for the day
    What a lovely post.

Anyway. I feel your pain iheartdisney. Thats why we get to the park when it opens and go on it first. 10 minute wait MAX and its over and done with.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Circle of Ancients

What a lovely post.
    I think the poster was being sarcastic.

Get to the park at opening, then you will be on and off in 5 minutes.

I wish they'd actually give you something that at least RESEMBLED the crow's feather.....do we know of what reason why they replaced them with silly plastic cards?

• Disney worshipper/geek

I agree with Loomis.

I mean, when we started taking my goddaughter, I hadn't been on Dumbo in a long time. But I love the view, the simple childhood-ness of it. It's one of those things that easily puts you into that Disney-ready mindset
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast