Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 4/19: Pirate's Lair, Sub Lagoon, DCA Rock Star Dreams, duck eggs, +MORE!

A quick update....

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    The security tents are now green.

The roof of the Main Street Mad Hatter is getting some work done:

New flower baskets on the lampposts on Main Street:

I've been seeing more graffiti around the Resort lately, in restrooms, in attraction queues, etc. It's not too terribly much, but its a shame that Disney has to deal with this. I dont understand why people do this, I really don't... I mean, are we dogs? Must you mark your territory? Pathetic. This is in the Blue Ribbon Bakery, of all places. I guess somebody needed to let others know where they get their lattes and chocolate chip cookies while they're in the park. Stupid!

Wait times were nice. I love the off-season!

REFURBING THE FRONTIER
    The Frontierland shops are out from their tarps and they look REALLY good.

INVADING THE FRONTIER
    Pirate's Lair continues to take shape.

Theres a new addition hanging to the left of the mast:

On the opposite side the Island stage, these new poles have appeared...

You can get a glimpse of a lot of stuff being built on the Island through the trees ... but its hard to tell what any of it is for...

Looks like a raft was being weight-tested... Preparing for more Island traffic?

The new shed on the Island, across from the Columbia/Twain dock:

Two new temporary lighting towers have appeared along the Rivers of America. Its far too early for premiere set-up, right? I wonder what these lights are for...

Mom and pop (?) and their egg along the River...

An overview of NOS and the River from the Disney Gallery...

Speaking of the Gallery, a CM let us know of some interesting new information regarding upcoming Gallery exhibits. There will not be a Pirates of the Caribbean exhibit this year to coincide with the 3rd film.
    The formal dining room of the apartment is currently under refurbishment. Come May when the dining room's refurbishment is complete, the current Inspired by Disneyland exhibit that is located in the foyer, will move to the dining room. The foyer will then get an Art of Imagineering exhibit. The CM told us that they're focusing more on Disneyland art in celebration of the gallery's 20th Anniversary, thus the lack of a Pirates 3 exhibit.

Sounds good to me

INDY'S RAMP
    The ramp leading up to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye is getting re-built.

20 minutes?! Did somebody forget to update the stand-by wait time, or could it be that the lack of FASTPASS is eating up the stand-by line quicker?

MINE! - FROM A DISTANCE
    The ever-changing positions of the Finding Nemo construction walls is getting interesting. Part of the covering along the Autopia route is down. I don't know if this is temporary, but it provided a good, pretty unobstructed view of the Lagoon.

The seagulls were on. They weren't yelping "MINE!" but I saw them moving, for sure. It was pretty far away though, but looked interesting.

The backside of the Sub cave as seen on Autopia is covered in sod:

Over in Tomorrowland, some suits were walking through to Innoventions. Only one of them had a nametag, so I'm assuming these were some folks either getting schmoozed by Disney to build an exhibit in Innoventions, or folks from Seimens to see the progress on their exhibit.

ROCKIN' DCA
    Apparently the RadioDisney had a giveaway for a private DCA party - rock star themed. They started setting up for the event as soon as the park closed, as regular guests slowly trickled out.

The check-in tent in the Esplanade:

The big DCA wind sock things that are used for Mickey's Halloween Treat and New Years Eve festivities were re-dressed and used for this event, too:

The Backlot was the place to be if you were part of the event:

Over by the entrance to Paradise Pier, there was a red carpet and a limo pick-up. Hopefully this limo-pickup is a possible test-run for future in-park DCA transportation.

...Anyway... that's it for tthis update. Thanks for looking

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/19: Pirate's Lair, Sub Lagoon, DCA Rock Star Dreams, duck eggs, +M

Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

• I have returned !!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/19: Pirate's Lair, Sub Lagoon, DCA Rock Star Dreams, duck eggs, +M

thanks a million for the pics !

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

• Up is Down

Great update thanks!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

[quote=MasterGracey;1649515]Speaking of the Gallery, a CM let us know of some interesting new information regarding upcoming Gallery exhibits. There will not be a Pirates of the Caribbean exhibit this year to coincide with the 3rd film. The formal dining room of the apartment is currently under refurbishment. Come May when the dining room's refurbishment is complete, the current Inspired by Disneyland exhibit that is located in the foyer, will move to the dining room. The foyer will then get an Art of Imagineering exhibit. The CM told us that they're focusing more on Disneyland art in celebration of the gallery's 20th Anniversary, thus the lack of a Pirates 3 exhibit.
    [quote=MasterGracey;1649515]

Thanks, terrific update as usual. I was told the same info yesterday as well while visiting the Gallery. Also ran into a project supervisor coming out of the dining room with two crew members, he even had the room keys to lock up after they left. I asked him about the long-promised elevator for the Gallery, he confirmed to me that they were in fact finally a go on that. He said that the bid had been approved and it looked as if it would be installed on the Eastside of the bldg. And he was very good-looking too.

Last edited by ALIASd; 04-20-2007 at 06:51 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Pilot EdForceOne

The light towers are for the private event on the 22nd in the park

Thanks for sharing with us.

• Hiding in the shadows

Aweseom shots!

Maybe I have watched too many movies (or cartoons) but isn't the egg supposed to be somewhere warm and safe, and shouldnt a duck be sitting on it? Really on a ledge next to a river?

A little piece of heaven

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/19: Pirate's Lair, Sub Lagoon, DCA Rock Star Dreams, duck eggs, +M

Great update! Thanks for taking the time to share your pics with us.
    M A S E C A !

The Gallery dining room has been partitioned. They put in a wall, basically cutting the room in half, and the half that was walled off is going to become storage for Club 33. As you enter the gallery from the courtyard stairway there is a door on the left which is the Club 33 kitchen, once the dining room is finished on the Gallery side all that needs to be done is knock out a wall, or cut a door, in the Club 33 kitchen and you have an instant room addition to the kitchen.

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

The structure on the island is the stern of a pirate ship that being built.

• World Traveler

Very cool. Thanks.

• Beep Beep!

Great pics!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    [LEFT]Thanks, terrific update as usual. I was told the same info yesterday as well while visiting the Gallery. Also ran into a project supervisor coming out of the dining room with two crew members, he even had the room keys to lock up after they left. I asked him about the long-promised elevator for the Gallery, he confirmed to me that they were in fact finally a go on that. He said that the bid had been approved and it looked as if it would be installed on the Eastside of the bldg. And he was very good-looking too.
    Interesting news about the elevator. Any time frame one when it might be installed?

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland View Post
    The Gallery dining room has been partitioned. They put in a wall, basically cutting the room in half, and the half that was walled off is going to become storage for Club 33. As you enter the gallery from the courtyard stairway there is a door on the left which is the Club 33 kitchen, once the dining room is finished on the Gallery side all that needs to be done is knock out a wall, or cut a door, in the Club 33 kitchen and you have an instant room addition to the kitchen.
    That's pretty sad that we'll be losing wall space and a chunk of the would-be dining room in the Gallery for storage space.
    Thanks for the info, though.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

I wonder what was going on at the Rock star party?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast