Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Honeymoon In Disneyland

I'm new here and I have to say, I don't think I will ever leave.

I have always been a Huge Disney fan and I love Disneyland. My Fiancé and I are getting Married September 15th and leave for Disneyland on the 16th.

My last trip to Disneyland was in 2000 and my Fiancé hasn't been since she was 7 (21 years ago).

So the reason for this post:

I know a lot can change in 7 years. I was hoping that all the Disneyland aficionados in this forum can give us some pointers to make this Honeymoon even more unforgettable then it will already be.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Honeymoon In Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by rkadow View Post
    II know a lot can change in 7 years. I was hoping that all the Disneyland aficionados in this forum can give us some pointers to make this Honeymoon even more unforgettable then it will already be.
    Well, I would recommend trying to make it out to the parks .

Just pace yourselves, don't try to do too much, your honeymoon will be more rememberable if you don't rush and just enjoy the time you have in the park with each other. As far as things to do, I would stake out a great spot for the fireworks!

Congrats, oh and Welcome to MiceChat!

A little piece of heaven

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I know this isn't in DL but I recommend you take her to dinner at Las Brisas which is in Laguna Beach and it has an absolutely beautiful view of the ocean. Price wise it is actually comparable to the nicer restaurants in the resort. Quality wise it is way much better.

• Oh my Goodness!

Welcome to MiceChat and Congrads on your upcoming marriage!

Do you know where you are staying yet when you go? Be sure to let them know it is your honeymoon. When you get to Disneyland - go to City Hall right away because I believe they have "just married" buttons for you newlywed types.
    If you want a nicer meal while you are there look into either the Blue Bayou in Disneyland (good food, a lil over priced in my opinion, but the best atmosphere again in my opinion) or the Vineyard Room in DCA (I've never been personally, but I hear it's great - even higher priced then B.B.) or Some of the Resturants at the Hotels (Rose Room at Grand Californian or The Steak House (can't remember the name) in the Disneyland Hotel). You can make priority seating for these up to 60 days in advance. That number is 714/956-6755. There are also several options for character dining - at both parks and all the hotels - all of those do priority seating as well.
    Be sure to just - take your time and see what you want to see and enjoy each other's company. Take advantage of the Photo Pass System and make sure to ask the Disney Photographers to get pictures of the two of you together! Let them know it is your honeymoon and I'm sure they will get some great pictures!
    Like said above, look into saving seats one night for the fireworks - it is worth it! And, I'm not sure if Fantasmic! is running during September, but you may want to look into the special seating for that one night as well. That is fun and special. I believe the Priority Dining people could help you with that as well. They have seating up on the balcony at the Gallery in New Orleans (over Pirates) with a pretty nice Desert Buffet or Seating closer to the water and (at least last time i did it) a lil box of deserts. I personally like the atmosphere of the Gallery seating. It is pricey, but a good memory.
    Uhhh. That's all I can think of for now. Let us know if you have any specific things you want to know about or know if you can do. I helped plan my friend's honeymoon at Disneyland last year - so fire away!

I do actualy have one specific question so far. I have never been to the Park that time of year. From all that I have read in the tour books this is one of the least busy times of the year. Could anyone hazzard a guess at wait times for rides like Splash Mountain. The tour books say to get there early but it is a Honeymoon

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It will be busy but not like summer. Schools are back in session at that time so it shouldn't be too bad, at least mid-week.

• Oh my Goodness!

It really shouldn't be too bad that time of year. At all. But use the fastpass system - it's a good thing. And you know what time you have to do other things...shop, eat...go back to the hotel And when looking at the wait times for rides there are a few things to consider. 1) The time posted is the wait time from THAT spot. Where the sign is. So if the line is no where in sight it will be a shorter wait time and 2) in my experance they tend to over estimate the wait times.

Right before the hub on the left hand side of the street, near the entrance to Adventureland is a board that has the estimated wait times and show times and anything that might be down for the day. I tend to check that out first thing in the morning - and go from there.

I am just so excited. I've been Vibrating since we booked the trip. I was so disappointed when I found out that they replaced Bear Country Playhouse with Winnie the Pooh. Am I going to be in for any other dissapointments?

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by rkadow View Post
    I am just so excited. I've been Vibrating since we booked the trip. I was so disappointed when I found out that they replaced Bear Country Playhouse with Winnie the Pooh. Am I going to be in for any other dissapointments?
    Don't get disappointed with whats gone, just enjoy whats there, its still the best place on earth. Pooh isn't that bad, and there is a tribute to the CBJ if you get lonely for it (its what makes Pooh fun for me).

The only concern you might have going that time is Haunted Mansion may be closed getting the holiday overlay. Aside from that I would check the schedules when you get closer to see if anything else is under refurb.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Go to Blue Bayou, Napa Rose or the Vineyard Room for sure...they are the most romantic restaraunts ever!

Disneyland has changed since 7 years ago, but it doesn't mean it's a worse place to be.

Hope you guys have fun!

Oh...and make sure you get the wedding Minne ears and the wedding Mickey hat. They're cute.

• Nela25

My brother and sister-in-law spent their honeymoon in Disneyland and loved it!! I had matching red t-shirts made with an embroidered Mickey in the corner, above the logo I put bride & groom and underneath their wedding date.

My brother said the day they wore their shirts all the cast members told them congrats, got a free picture of them on Slash Mountain, and they just made a "big deal" of them all day!! They thought it was a great idea!!

Congrats & have a great time!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I know this isn't in DL but I recommend you take her to dinner at Las Brisas which is in Laguna Beach and it has an absolutely beautiful view of the ocean. Price wise it is actually comparable to the nicer restaurants in the resort. Quality wise it is way much better.
    Excellent idea. Las Brisas is a gorgeous place.

• Beer is good beer.

Congratulations! I recommend purchasing the Bride and Groom Mickey ears. For a romantic dinner, try Steakhouse 55. They have a nice lounge too for a before- or after-dinner drink.

Walk by the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel at night (near the Bonita Tower). There are nice colorful lights and it's a nice place for a romantic walk.

September is a great time to visit. Crowds are low, weather is still warm and evenings are a little cool.

Have fun with your planning!
    M A S E C A !

We spent our Honeymoon at DLR, it was the greatest!!!

I've never seen the Bride and Groom hats. Are they available through out the park?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast