Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

If you could give it away.

I was thinking the other day what it would be like to walk up to the Tiki Juice Bar and peel off a couple of hundred dollar bills, and tell them "Set up the house--free Dole Whips for everyone until this runs out."

Not that I have that kind of money--I surely don't. But it would be fun to watch, both the CMs and the guests. In fact, I bet it would be a blast.

What if you could "give something away" like that? "Buy" all the popcorn stands in the Hub for an hour? A couple of balloon vendors? A churro cart? Everyone gets a free cookie and a Coke?

If one of the best pleasures in life is giving things away, I can't think of many better ways to make a day different in Disneyland. Anyone else have any fantasies like this?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: If you could give it away.

Nope. Never.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Comin' at ya!

I've actually thought about that kinda things. Although, I always wanted to go to a place and tip a nice waitress or waitor.

But as far as DL, it would be fun. The tiki bar would be fun, and put up a sign so people know it's free...I wish I had money to give like that. It would be fun.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I was thinking the other day what it would be like to walk up to the Tiki Juice Bar and peel off a couple of hundred dollar bills, and tell them "Set up the house--free Dole Whips for everyone until this runs out."

Not that I have that kind of money--I surely don't. But it would be fun to watch, both the CMs and the guests. In fact, I bet it would be a blast.

What if you could "give something away" like that? "Buy" all the popcorn stands in the Hub for an hour? A couple of balloon vendors? A churro cart? Everyone gets a free cookie and a Coke?

If one of the best pleasures in life is giving things away, I can't think of many better ways to make a day different in Disneyland. Anyone else have any fantasies like this?
    The only problem with this is with a couple hundred bucks you probably would only be able to give away maybe 10 or so DoleWhips.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I am waiting for the next Tiki Room refurb, hoping Charlie (Circarama) will buy the Dole Tiki Juice Bar and put it in his backyard. Free Dole Whips for me. However, after this post, maybe he wouldn't give me any...

• Oh my Goodness!

Oh I would love to do things like that! When I lived in the Bay Area sometimes I would over pay bridge tolls for the next few people behind me. That happened for me once and it made my day, so I made a point of doing so every so often. I'm not often in the position to do so - wen when the opportunity arises i take it

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I would randomly buy dinners for other people dining in the restaurants. Imagine finishing up a great meal only to find the bill has been taken care of.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post
    Oh I would love to do things like that! When I lived in the Bay Area sometimes I would over pay bridge tolls for the next few people behind me. That happened for me once and it made my day, so I made a point of doing so every so often. I'm not often in the position to do so - wen when the opportunity arises i take it
    My Fiance and I live in the Bay Area, and even when money is a little tight, we still often pay for the car behind us.

If I had a ton of money, and was at Disneyland, I'd buy out the seats up at the Gallery for Fantasmic... and just as the show is about to start... I'd run down and grab a group of people in the WORST seats to come up and enjoy the show. I've been in the crappy seats, and have the people lift up their kids just as the show starts and I see NONE of the show because of it...so this would be a dream to make this happen for peeps.

• Miss Marvel

Yeah. I love that stuff.

I try to pay for the car behind me on the bridges too.

I'd love to buy all the kids on main street waiting for the parade a mickey balloon.

My parents never bought me one because "they were a waste of money." But that's the beauty of it. So for every kid who's parents won't buy them a balloon, or can't afford one, I would buy one.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Banned User

I really doubt Disney would allow someone to do this, as generous as it seems. It would cause crowd control problems.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Thought this was a completely different topic. My mistake, carry on.

Now I'm singing the RHCPs.

It would have to be Mouse Ears for everyone!!!
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I really doubt Disney would allow someone to do this, as generous as it seems. It would cause crowd control problems.
    Not if the only people who knew were the CMs and the person who paid. It's a nice Random Act of Kindness. I like the idea.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post

I will admit to having done this several times on the toll road out to Corona, until some guy in a truck thought I was picking up on him. He almost ran me off the road trying to get my attention, and I gave up on being charitable towards others.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Another part of me

Random acts of kindness are wonderful. The receiver never knows it is coming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast