Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

The Return of Mission to Mars?

I think Disney should bring back Mission to Mars, but, totally revamped so that it is based on NASA's future missions to the red planet. So instead of going directly to Mars, you'd go to the moon first, and then you launch to Mars. If not Mars, how about Mission to Titan?

But knowing how Disney is thinking these days, they'll probably do a Mission to Mars with a Stitch overlay.

• /sigh

Interesting idea (minus the stitch of course). Would it just be a sim ride, ala star tours?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• the subs were cool maan

Why not just-get this-put in a brand new E-Ticket called Mission: To Mars. Use the existing circular theaters and update them so its actually a thrill ride. I'm not sure how they could do it, but hey its an idea

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Just import Mission: Space. Exactly what you are talking about and doesn't take up too much room.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Just import Mission: Space. Exactly what you are talking about and doesn't take up too much room.
    I soo regret missing our chance to ride Mission Space in '03. We were talking to the cm at then entrance during soft openings and kurt joked around and said "hey we have DL AP's will that count for AP Preview" and the cm was like "hey it's an AP go ahead" but Shawn was too scared(and I think too short)so we didn't go

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    You really should have gone.

Don't worry. You can always go back.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    You really should have gone.

Don't worry. You can always go back.

2006 Monorail Lounge Tour baby

• What have I done?

Ahhh yes the dreaded Mission to Mars.. the first ride I actually remember being frieghtened on at Disneyland, when we lifted off I actually thought we were goign to outerspace!!!!!!! :o

"This guy!"

At WDW, the lay over treatment to the attraction went from Rocket to the Moon to Mission To Mars to Alien Encounter to Stitch's great Escape & DL's got turned into a Restaurant instead of AE?!? CURSE THOSE PARENTS WITH SCREAMING KIDS I guess the downsized budget had something to do with that decision too!

Mission Space seems like a top idea for TL - they could perhaps even squeeze in 2 Centrifuges on the top & lower floors of the Innoventions building?

well it's already been said but yes, they did redo Mission to Mars it's called Mission Space

as far as the old Mission to Mars technology goes, well they built Alien Encounter and then Stitch Encounter over it

I'm really angry that they ripped ours out and put in a resturant, I would've perfered it if theyd just cloned the WDW ride over, I mean at least it would still be a RIDE

of all the talk of Pressler closing down rides and opening resturants and merchendising locations this's the most blatant with an actual attraction space being turned into a resturant

• Quality not quantity

If you can work in a return of the Moonliner as part of the attraction, well then you know I'm all for it.

• Old Timer

Lets start a class action lawsuit against Eisner....

I wish there was a ride that simulated Total Recall, create a "green Mars"

The only problems I see is from NASA in limiting exposure of the rumored artifacts that were found on the moon during Apollo 17 and why we never went back, why there was transmissions of data and pics of the so called "face" on Mars well after the time stamp of when the two landers "disapeared". Granted the movie does explain the face but what if it was really true? The world and its many religions would not accept the idea as man coming from extraterrestrial seeding.

Whoever did the original story of Mission to Mars is very much intelligently informed of the real case scenario of what may have really happend to Mars in the far flung past and how that affected us. Mission;Space should have had a stronger connection to the movie, hopefully if a M:S were developed at DL it could do that.

Its a better idea to do it in Tokyo at TDS
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Banned User

Their should be a ride like AE.. withouth stitch at DL..... just referbish it and make it a PG-13 attraction...

No children under 13 allowed......

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Their should be a ride like AE.. withouth stitch at DL..... just referbish it and make it a PG-13 attraction...

No children under 13 allowed......
    I wouldn't mind the Stitch AE here at DLR. I think it would be cool.

Either or would work for me. I was hoping they were going to bring AE here when they trashed Tomorrowland back in 98. Instead we got Innoventions, and we all know how that worked out.

• Banned User

Stitch has been having problems since they installed it... break downs with some of the AAs have been happening already.. but the main issue is the story line.... Would you think they would transport a ride with bad reviews over untill they get good reviews....

AE was great.. thought parents gave it bad reviews bringing little children on it.... hence why i would make it a PG13 atraction....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast