Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Quality not quantity

Re: one thing you wish you had brought on your DL trip...

If you have kids, or even just for you, a roll of quarters and a roll of pennies.

A power strip. Most hotel rooms are woefully short on plugs for all your rechargeable gear. I know we'll have two cell phones, two digital cameras, one camcorder, extra battery+charger for said cameras/camcorder and a laptop. Hummm, better make that two power strips.

If your room has a fridge, a fanny pack with light snacks and a couple of frozen water bottles or juice boxes are always good.

An extra pair of sunglasses, somehow I always seem to loose a pair while at the park...

For me, extra contact lenses. I use the daily disposables so I always take a few extra pairs just in case...

Ziploc baggies. I always carry a few empties, they have a thousand and one uses....

Oh and one last thing, if it's hot I'll stuff a damp washcloth into one of those baggies (with a few ice cubes) and use it to wipe my face off when the sun gets a bit much.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Minion

Ziploc bags are a must for me so that sour candy straw thing from Pooh's Corner doesn't get all over my bag like it did.
    The daydream princess

he,he great tips guys,I need the thumbs up icon

If you're going in the summer it gets super hot. I work for a day camp so when I take the kids I get a lot of "I'm hot" complaints so I bring in a spray bottle. You can just bring in a regular one to spritz the family or you can bring in one with a fan attached. I got one at Walmart for $4. If you're wearing tennis shoes, I also used to bring in a plastic bag with flip flops in it if I was planning on going on a water ride. That squishy shoe feeling kills me so I'd switch my shoes before going on the ride and then switch back.

• Comin' at ya!

Hidden Mickey lists from the internet. It's fun.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

I would just like to say you guys are awesome,thanks so much
    48 days!!!

• Comin' at ya!

No problem, that's what were here for.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Shablagoo!

Let's see, some of the things I bring.

I like to pack a smaller carryon suitcase inside my large check in bag. That way I have something to pack breakables (like ornaments) and valuables in and carry them on the planewith me. You can fill it with clothes for on the way there.

If I have computer access I bring my 1 gig flashdrive and move photos to it to free up room on my cards.

I really like the cheap plastic ponchos. Last time I used one on GRR, I used it twice in a row and then gave it away to another guest who was heading on the ride. They're cheap so you don't mind giving them away and then you don't have to carry them around wet. I bring serveral with me on a trip.

I printed out the fast pass secrets information from the sticky on the DIsneyland forum on Micechat and studied it on my way down.

Just a few ideas.

thanks again guys
    I was thinking of cutting down on my toiletries but maybe not now. Can anyone tell me what the toiletries are like at the DLH? Also I'm thinking maybe just grabbing a big plastic shopping bag while I'm down there instead of packing it as we only have carry ons. Then I could just check my carry on on the way back and just have my treats as my carry on. I'm thinking a pair of small slippers,an extra pair of shoes so I can have 2 a day. A bag for the parks with sunscreen,lip balm,water,some flipflops for the wet days,plastic bag,moleskin/bandaids,cash,tickets,key, hair elastics,sunglasses..eek that sounds like alot Does carrying around stuff bug ya? Is anyone using the bagallini? Any thoughts on those?

• Defying gravity

Take a light sweater/sweatshirt to the parks. No matter what season, it is almost always cold in Anaheim at night. Get a locker first thing in the morning to put the sweaters in and take them out as soon as the sun goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Take a light sweater/sweatshirt to the parks. No matter what season, it is almost always cold in Anaheim at night. Get a locker first thing in the morning to put the sweaters in and take them out as soon as the sun goes down.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad View Post
    Lots of extra batteries and bring them with you into the park, not leave them in the car/hotel room like we did on our last trip and ended up buying overpriced ones rather then waste time walking back to the hotel.

I totally agree! I waited in line with my son to meet Mickey Mouse. Just as it got to by his turn, the batteries died. I quickly change them out and all was well. Had I NOT had them in my backpack dang what a disaster. We waited like 1/2 hour.
    Janette

• Minion

Zip lock bags to put camera and other things you don't want wet in.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by VWCat View Post
    thanks again guys
    I was thinking of cutting down on my toiletries but maybe not now. Can anyone tell me what the toiletries are like at the DLH? Also I'm thinking maybe just grabbing a big plastic shopping bag while I'm down there instead of packing it as we only have carry ons. Then I could just check my carry on on the way back and just have my treats as my carry on. I'm thinking a pair of small slippers,an extra pair of shoes so I can have 2 a day. A bag for the parks with sunscreen,lip balm,water,some flipflops for the wet days,plastic bag,moleskin/bandaids,cash,tickets,key, hair elastics,sunglasses..eek that sounds like alot Does carrying around stuff bug ya? Is anyone using the bagallini? Any thoughts on those?
    If you can fit most of your little toiletries in a ziplock, then it's probably not too much. I never need more than one pair of shoes a day (but your mileage may vary of course)

I always take a small backpack (somewhere between a purse and a bookbag) for essentials, and it's never given me any trouble on any of the rides. And great for carrying souvenirs if you make purchases during the day. Sorry, don't know what a bagallini is

yay,I'm getting so excited

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast