Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so 6/13... WTH???

I was @ Disneyland Sunday the 12th and Monday the 13th. The crowds on Sunday were manageable. 30-45 minutes most ride time waits, but then on monday... all of southern Cali decided they needed churros and turkey legs. What the hell happened? Did I miss a memo??

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    13th...Always a Bad day....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

How bad were the lines on Monday?

• Minion

well my dears, this starts the 1st wave of the summer break the track school just got out.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Disney Nerd

hard as it may be to believe. mondays are usually one of the busiest days of the week. dont ask me why. but this weekend monday, was even worse than fri/sat or sun. it just happends. plus a lot of schools in the park for 8th grade promotions.

Its started! I was there today and it was terrible. At about 11am adventureland and frontierland were a sea of heads! and my toes are all black and blue from all of the "stroler incidents". Oh well, it only lasts about 3 months.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........... .............I HATE PEOPLE! They make the lines long and they make it hard to see the fireworks and they make going to disneyland miserable! gahhhhh! summer may commence but w/o stupid (50th) crowds---- why did they go and make the 50th anniversary this summer? huh, why not next summer? (jk if you thought i was serious)

Ok now im done, must get sleep. (Last and day of school (and finals) are today. (Is it really that late?)

My wife, son and I arrived to Disneyland last night around 8pm, and ended up parking right by the entry booths on Chip n Dale level. Wow, we thought, place must be empty or something. Rode a pretty emtpy tram to the park, then WHAMO, line at the security check But then no line at the main gate??

So we enter the park and see people on both sides of Main Street Station queue, oh well no biggie doesn't look too bad. As we walk through the right tunnel, we walk towards the Station steps and holy moly, A LINE DOWN THE STEPS going both ways, for DLRR???? So we flipped a Uturn and started up around the Circle of Main Street and saw a sea of too many heads, so we continued around the circle and under the right tunnel and out to the tram, then home

Thank goodness for living close by and having an AP, or we would have been in for a migrane for sure. I felt really bad for my son, he really got bent out of shape as we left the exit gate, but he conked out before we made it to Ball road. I guess it's a good thing that the AP is blocked out for summer, it's like Disney is saying "Hey we are doing you a favor guys, you don't want the headaches" Hahahaha.

• Videographer

Yep - the 50th, end of school, and the nice weather has created a nightware in the Parks. My Monday was bad too. That is when I head to DCA - lots of Single Rider lines. So even when DCA is busy a solo person has pretty good options!

This summer will be insane. I am glad I have much of my video taping needs done except for a couple Parade stops, 1 angle I want for Remember, and the soon opening of Space Mtn.

I can just go to the Parks and relax and do whatever or nothing whatsoever while going to nowhereinparticular.

RU

• Banned User

During this busy season could someone please tell me which days are the best to go? I realize there will be huge lines and crowds everyday but surely there are some days that tend to have a little less then others?

• Again! Again! Again!

Outside of school being over, many SoCal and Deluxe passholders have been blacked out all week. The SoCal people are probably getting their last few days at the park before they are blacked out for the next 2 months. They have Monday and Tuesday this week and next week and that's it. It wouldn't surprise me that it was that crowded.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Deluxe Passholders on only blacked out on every Saturday during the summer, also July 4th weekend. So Cal passholders are done for the summer.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Man O Lantern

Remember, you're not just dealing with Californians being out of school. When I was younger, half our Oregon town would take off on the last day of school for Disneyland. We'd run into other each other at Disneyland!

School ended yesterday here in the Portland, OR school district and I personally know four families that left for DLR today. And that's just four random families that I know. Figure in a lot of other states on a similar schedule, and HELLO.

• OM NOM NOM

Over at DCA, we have been getting quite the large amount of people. Sun Wheel's queue has been filling up! Of course, there is still the large amount of people who bitch and moan about a 30 minute wait. Well, those people will have to deal with it, because this is shaping up to be the biggest summer season in a long time. This soon-to-be-record summer is the culmination of several factors:

- Disney's 50th anniversary advertising
    - The 50th decorations around the park
    - The pristine look of DL
    - The warm weather (I still think it's too damn hot!)
    - The largest amount of open attractions for almost a decade (As of July 17th)
    - The chance of a 2fer ticket for the summer season

I just hope the Foods dept. gets their act together by July.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• The one, the only...

I hope I won't be flamed but I am hoping that attendance for Disneyland sets a record this year. If Disneyland surpasses MK for the highest attended amusement park, I am hoping that it will bring some much needed money from Disney execs to realize they have a gold in California!

P.S. I am sorry for the locals who have to endure the traffic and hassles, but Disneyland is always better in late fall anyway!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast