Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Do you believe in magic?

Vegetarian Noshables in DL?

I'm heading out to Disneyland for a week in May and I was wonderingwhat are some good places in DLR for a vegetarian to go eat? I'm not a full out Vegan, so y'all don't have to get too crazy. Just some good places to get meatless food that won't cost me an arm and a leg.
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse!

• Sock Puppet

Re: Vegetarian Noshables in DL?

im wondering the same thing,the last time i went all i had was a bagle from one of the stands haha.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Smoozie View Post
    I'm heading out to Disneyland for a week in May and I was wondering what are some good places in DLR for a vegetarian to go eat? I'm not a full out Vegan, so y'all don't have to get too crazy. Just some good places to get meatless food that won't cost me an arm and a leg.
    Waitaminit, this is Disney we're talking about here - they don't do anything inexpensive... The best you can hope for is 'not exorbitant'.

Seriously, there are several fruit stands through the park where you can get fresh and somewhat overpriced veggie nosh - fresh fruit, dill pickles, melon slices, etc. And when you're at a theme park you are allowed to stretch the bounds of 'acceptable foods' for the day - Splurge, have a Churro or the Popcorn - the Dole Whip at the Tiki Bar is Vegan.

Most of the restaurants and fast-serve places have at least one veggie entree available - but you have to ask, they often aren't posted on the menu boards.

IIRC there's veggie skewers at Bengal BBQ, and a stuffed portobello mushroom entree at Blue Bayou.

Last I heard they had Gardenburger patties available at the burger places, but you have to allow extra time to cook from frozen or refrigerated - they don't keep them pre-prepped or they'd be throwing out more than they sold.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

You can get a 3 cheese monte cristo (with no meat) at Cafe Orleans! I hear it's quite good too! That is, if you eat dairy.

• Merry 2014!

There is gumgo in NOS, clam chowder in a breadbowl in the French Market, salad and cheese pizza at pizza port, I think Bengal BBQ has vegetables on a skewer, fruit stands. I am sure Whitewater Cafe in the Grand California Hotel has some vegetarian choices. On Harbor Blvd across from the resort entrance is Denny's and Mimi's. I am sure there are other choices too just look at the menus.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Do you believe in magic?

Wow! That's awesome, guys! Thanks so much! If anyone has other ideas, keep 'em coming. I like me options. lol.
    Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse!

• Senior Minion

In NOS the place right next to the Pirates ride line they have vegetarian gumbo in a bread bowl. You can also get a veggie burrito from Rancho Zocalo in Frontierland, and the burrito is HUGE if you're looking for a more substantial meal (comes with beans, rice, cheese, lettuce, guacamole and sour cream all on the side).

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    There is gumgo in NOS, clam chowder in a breadbowl in the French Market, salad and cheese pizza at pizza port, I think Bengal BBQ has vegetables on a skewer, fruit stands. I am sure Whitewater Cafe in the Grand California Hotel has some vegetarian choices. On Harbor Blvd across from the resort entrance is Denny's and Mimi's. I am sure there are other choices too just look at the menus.
    ROFL, since when is clam chowder vegetarian?!
    IIRC the gumbo has both chicken and pork sausage, so that's out as well. (edited to add, according to another post they have a veggie gumbo, I did not know that)
    Mimi's and Denny's? Aren't even in DL. (though Mimi's is goooood)
    This post =

Oh yeah, so suggestions...
    They have a really nice cream of mushroom soup at PCH Grill, unfortunately I can't think off the top of anything that has not been mentioned already.

Too bad they don't sell a veggie corn dog at the corn dog cart though, that would be nice, as DL corn dogs are awesome!

• Minion

Any pasta at Pizza Port can be had without meat. There are veggie skewers at Bengal BBQ. There is a veggie stew at River Belle Terrace. You have already heard about the veggie burgers and the veggie gumbo (thats at the Royal Street Veranda.) Salads can be had at a number of places.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Both the River Belle and Plaza Inn serve fruit plates with yogurt. They are pricey, but they are filling. The Carnation restaurant serves vegetable soup, don't know if it is daily. The fruit stands are expensive. Sometimes you are better off eating at one of the restaurants. I highly recommend the vegetable skewers at the Bengal BBQ.

River Belle Terrace may still have a vegetarian kids' meal, which was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich; it included baby carrots if you chose them, and I think it included dried fruit rollups as well. Pretty economical. But I read somewhere that they were starting to enforce an upper age limit on kids' meals, that may be just for table service restaurants though--I haven't been to the park in a while so I don't know about that.

If it were me I'd visit a local grocery store, or Trader Joe's (which is a local food chain that has a lot of stuff you might like at good prices), and bring a big stash of fruit, vegetables and grains and just snack most of the day. You can rent a locker for the day in the park, even with that cost added you would still be saving money by bringing your own food. Someone please correct me if they have changed the policy of allowing guests to bring food into the park.

•   
    • Super Hero

1. Order the bacon-wrapped asparagus skewers at Bengal BBQ.

2. Remove the bacon.

3. Give it to me.

4. Eat the asparagus.

• the F.O.D. solution.

Someday I'm going to open a vegetarian restaurant in the resort area!

I'm not sure what degree of a veggie you are... I'm pretty strict (little dairy, no eggs or seafood, won't even eat something cooked on the same grill as meat) so I have a difficult time eating in the parks.

Most places will have the usual, tired, American iceberg lettuce "garden" salad or sides of veggies, but if you want an actual meal, here's a list of places I like...

In Park:
    Redd Rockets in Tomorrowland: pasta, pizza and salad.

Bengal BBQ in Adventureland: veggie skewer, pretzel w/cheese

New Orleans Square: Cafe Orleans: salad, frittes

DTD/Hotels:
    House of Blues: has awesome salads, pastas, etc.

Wetzels: love the garlic pretzel w/marinara sauce!

Whitewater Snacks, Grand CA Hotel: Grilled Cheese (they have a dedicated grill)

Off Property (walking distance)
    Ghandi Palace in the hotel on Katella @ Harbor (NE corner) has a large vegetarian selection-so long as you like Indian food.

Mimi's on Harbor has some great offerings.

And if you don't mind a drive:
    Native Foods on Bristol in Costa Mesa is 100% vegan and has an amazing menu.
    Sydney's Cafe in Fullerton is 100% vegan and also has a great menu.

**Beware**
    *Beans (refried or baked) used in the park restaurants, they randomly contain bacon and/or lard, and the CMs are never sure which beans are being served.
    *Rice: most of the park's rice is cooked with chicken stock.
    *Tofu Teriyaki Salad sold in the parks contains clam sauce.
    Last edited by DCACM; 04-23-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: rice added

Ok I'm a vegetarian too and all of these non vegetarians dont know what its like to try and find GOOD vegetarian food. Remove bacon from the asparagus scewers? Ewww...
    Anyway here are a few things from a few restaurants I know of (and theyre actual MEALS not just a melon slice)

The most vegetarian meal varieties (and my favorite) are at Rancho Del Zocalo and Redd Rockets Pizza Port or Blue Bayou:

-Rancho Del Zocalo: Veggie burrito (you can order it without beans if youre afraid they have lard), taco salad w/out meat. (it is a little pricey but its a huge meal and fills you up!)

-Redd Rockets Pizza Port: Vegetarian/ cheese pizzas, there are alot of salads here that you can order without meat, and vegetarian pasta. (Less expensive)

-Blue Bayou: There are a few vegetarian options that are not on the menu so you have to ask the waiter about it. I've only been there once and had Portobello muchrooms over mashed potatoes which was good.

*These 3 restaurants are more pricey but there really is a lot of food so you could possibly eat just one meal here for lunch and dinner and just have snacks later*

There are a few places with just mediocre food and usually just one menu option but less expensive:

-River Belle Terrace: Vegetable soup in a bread bowl which comes with a side salad (this a is a pretty filling meal too, the soup is sometimes watered down though)

-Bengal Barbecue: Vegetarian skewer (I've never tried it but I think its small)

-Carnation Cafe: Cheese sandwich (whenever I've had it the bread seems old and chewy and pretty tasteless)

-Plaza Inn: Pasta with vegetarian tomato sauce. (Kind of boring)

-Tomorrowland Terrace: Veggie Burger w/ french fries

Well those are the restaurants I've tried before so I hope this helps!

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
    Ok I'm a vegetarian too and all of these non vegetarians dont know what its like to try and find GOOD vegetarian food. Remove bacon from the asparagus scewers? Ewww...

**Foghorn Leghorn voice on**

I say, that there's a joke, son, a joke!!

/Foghorn Leghorn

**sigh**

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast