Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Is Club 33 changing it's logo?

I spotted this sweatshirt on ebay, and in the description it mentions that due to it being Club 33's 40th anniversary, that Club 33 will be changing it's logo. Anybody know anything about this?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Knight of Naughtyness

Re: Is Club 33 changing it's logo?

Probably just the seller trying to drive up the price...
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• It's all nonsense

Edit:I read the thread wrong....nevermind.

• Defying gravity

The logo is too small. I can't get a good look at it.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    The logo is too small. I can't get a good look at it.
    The logo on the item on ebay is the normal logo.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

My guess is that Club 33 will have a special 40th logo...just like they did for the 30th and 33rd anniversaries. But I'm going to assume that after the anniversary year...they will probably go back to the traditional logo.

Here's the 30th logo, where they used a 50/50 on the traditional logo, eliminated the fleurets, and also added "Walt Disney's" to it.

Most often though...the anniversary logos have the anniversary year as additional text added on...like the current 20th Anniversary logo of the Disney Gallery does:

So while the tradition logo may indeed be changing...I doubt it's going to be anything permanent.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

May be someone order to many size sweatshirt!

2x large
    Last edited by akfandisney; 04-23-2007 at 01:14 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I agree.
    {Pirate lass at heart}
    I helped "sink" MiceChat on May 19, 2007!
    "What is it with Mr. Disney and vultures?"
    "They're global!"
    "No, Dad, that's Mickey..."

Quote Originally Posted by Captn_Shamrock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Osky View Post
    I agree.
    Yah. The text of the ebay item isn't saying "here's something with a new 40th anniversary logo." It's actually saying "get this while you can, they won't be making things with this logo anymore because they're going to change it soon."

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    Yah. The text of the ebay item isn't saying "here's something with a new 40th anniversary logo." It's actually saying "get this while you can, they won't be making things with this logo anymore because they're going to change it soon."
    I think we all understand that. Ther question was "Is it changing?"
    Opus1guy probably best answered it by pointing out that it may be modified to reflect the 40th anniversary, but that it won't last after the anniversary is over.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

A month or two ago all of the Club 33 CM's got brand new uniforms using new styles, new fabrics, new hemlines and new accesories that all have the Club 33 logo on them (scarves, ties, cumberbunds, jackets with the logo on the chest, etc.). This was the first time the uniforms had changed in about 15 years, as the previous uniforms dated to the early 1990's.

Why would they change the logo just a few months after they invested all that money in all of those new uniforms with the same logo?

This is just an Ebay seller trying to jack up the price of his used polo shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    This is just an Ebay seller trying to jack up the price of his used polo shirt.
    He said it was new... never worn.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

I don't remember seeing that design (gold on black) on clothing for a few years. Maybe I'm just blind! The mouse ears still have it though, also pins, pens etc... Most of the clothing for sale up there now has mono-a-mono stitching or logo stitching in a darker version of the polo or jacket color. I haven't been there in a month, so maybe things have changed.

The first and last time I bought something "new with tags" from ebay, I about passed out from the concentrated oder of cigarette smoke when I opened the box. It was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by nocaldznygrl View Post
    I don't remember seeing that design (gold on black) on clothing for a few years. Maybe I'm just blind! The mouse ears still have it though, also pins, pens etc... Most of the clothing for sale up there now has mono-a-mono stitching or logo stitching in a darker version of the polo or jacket color. I haven't been there in a month, so maybe things have changed.
    The Club 33 logo has appeared on lots of merchandise in gold, and still does. The merchandise changes all the time.

The traditional Club 33 colors are gold on dark navy blue (though often black substitues for the dark blue). But that doesn't stop items being made in other colors for fashion or design's sake.

Sometimes they use the "33" logo. Sometimes they use the "Club 33" logo/font. Sometimes they use the "Club 33, Royal Street" logo/font (the actual original public name of Club 33...though most people drop off the "Royal Street" part). Sometimes they use a combination of all. Sometimes it's even "Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland, U.S.A." All are official logos. It's just that their usage and color combos change all the time with the needs of the design. And while Club 33's letterhead maintains the same font and design as back on opening day in 1967...they did change the colors many years back from orange to blue.

I've got many examples I could give you of the above, but I'm traveling out-of-state for almost a month, and I won't be back home until mid-May. But I do have a few examples on my laptop I can give you:

First...the traditional "33" logo alone with flourishes and flurets:

In this collection of stuff, you can see a few different examples of the Club's logo and usage. The old "Guest Pass" there shows the "Club 33, Royal Street" traditional logo, font, name and usage.

As does this old Thanksgiving Menu (along with another eggstreme example of logo usage ):

And there's this example of the whole deal in the Club font:

Like I said...I've got better examples back at the Opus Archives...but they will have to come later.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There are SO MANY ebay sellers that are just full of B.S.

And so many professing such knowledge like "Bugs Bunny is a Disney Character"
    and other such pieces of "wisdom". But if they declare something is "RARE",
    get ready to gawk and stare, ooooh and ahhhhh.

Then point your finger at them and just laugh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast