• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Fastpass question

Hello all!

I am an AP holder and I go often. I have an AP for myself, and another one for my son. I am divorced and so I don't always go to DL with my son, but I keep his AP at all times in my wallet.

My question is obviously I can use my AP to get fastpasses. But can I use his AP to get fastpasses as well, even though he is not with me and his AP was never scanned at the main gate to get entry into the park? I was thinking that I could get a fastpass with my AP and then use his AP to get another one for a different ride, right after I obtain my first fastpass using my own AP. Hope this makes sense.

Is this possible?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Fastpass question

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hello all!

I am an AP holder and I go often. I have an AP for myself, and another one for my son. I am divorced and so I don't always go to DL with my son, but I keep his AP at all times in my wallet.

My question is obviously I can use my AP to get fastpasses. But can I use his AP to get fastpasses as well, even though he is not with me and his AP was never scanned at the main gate to get entry into the park? I was thinking that I could get a fastpass with my AP and then use his AP to get another one for a different ride, right after I obtain my first fastpass using my own AP. Hope this makes sense.

Is this possible?
    Hi DIP,

When Fastpass first came out you could do this, which was perfect because my wife didn't go with us all the time. They have corrected that. Only way to get it to work is to have them scan it at the gate which is unlikely if the person isn't with you.

Good Luck!

Chad

The FP ticket will say something like "this pass was not used for park admission". I had a problem once with my AP, it was the day the ToT opened and we went to CA first then MK later in the day. I had no problems entering CA but when I went to MK my AP wouldnt work, the CM could see it was still good so he let me in, I just couldnt use Fastpass that day I found out.
    Steve

• Pilot EdForceOne

They must be scanned at the gate. But I believe people have found that once its scanned at one gate, it works for both parks.

So if a group was in DL.. a runner could take everyone's passes and go get a FP in DCA.

• :)

Here's something you can do and it usually always works, you go up to the CM at the entrance of the attraction and you show them the FP ticket which will read "Your Ticket was not used for Park Admission today". They will go get you a "Fastpass ticket" it's similar to a main gate paper ticket, it will work for fastpass...It's pretty sneaky and you will be lying, but if you have no problem doing this than knock yourself out!

• Circle of Ancients

You actually used to be able to use Knott's AP's to get Disneyland FP's.

But I just heard that ...

• Banned User

Would they let you buy two annual passes so you can get two fastpasses at a time? Is it against park policy or has no one done this? I'd rather get two SoCal passes than one premium pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    You actually used to be able to use Knott's AP's to get Disneyland FP's.

But I just heard that ...
    I did this a lot back in the day. I also used Disneyland ticket stubs from previous trips. I had quite the collection!