Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• =)

Splash Mountain blueprints (now with 3D!)

EDIT: This thread became a place for me to post work-in-progress renders of my 3D model. Check out every page after this one to see renders of my work, and then try this thread for newer updates. I hope to have my website, http://virtualmagic.freehostia.com, up-to-date soon too. All help and critique is still greatly appreciated!

Hey, all. So, I recently got my hands on photos of about ten blueprints for Splash Mountain. I've been making a 3D model of that area, so they've been very helpful, but there are some things I'm not quite understanding about the indoor backstage areas. These two blueprints correspond to the exact same area of the ride, one being the ground level and the other being the middle level that houses the train tunnel and the first outdoor limb of the ride (before the mill lift).

I'm hoping someone who's walked through those areas and/or is better at interpreting floor plans can help answer the questions I've written on the blueprints. If photos would be helpful, I have four outdoor shots of that area (that I did not take) and I can PM them to anyone interested.

I'd also like to know what's under the train tunnel that passes between the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain, as well as under the two-way flume tunnel that carries logs to and from the back building.

I realize this is a strange request and one that few people will be able to answer. But if you do know--or you can at least posit an educated guess--I'd be very much indebted to you. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Datameister; 05-29-2007 at 03:18 PM.

• Golden Dreamer!

Re: Splash Mountain blueprints!

The track that you speak of is near the owl I belive. I do know its a maintence track. But where does it start? It ends after the first corner.

• =)

Which track do you mean? I asked about stairs, but not a track...

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Need better photo to read it
    I try to get a closer look at the marking.

I can not read them
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• =)

Unfortunately, I don't have the original blueprints--only these photos. I know the writing is nearly impossible to read.

Although...I might have a way to get closer photos. I'll get back to you on that.

Anyone else?

• Yo!

Um....for your own safety, you may not want to post those pics on a public board. Disney is really strict on that kind of stuff, and I'm very sure they wouldn't be happy if they found out they were posted here.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• =)

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm going to hope that things will be okay because:

1. These blueprints, as well as the photos of them, were obtained through entirely legal means.

2. I haven't posted all of the blueprints, and I've cropped the ones I have posted.

3. If a Disney official (or an admin or mod ) asks me to remove these, I will.

If it's more comfortable, you guys are welcome to PM me your replies instead.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yeah, I figured as much. I'm going to hope that things will be okay because:

1. These blueprints, as well as the photos of them, were obtained through entirely legal means.

2. I haven't posted all of the blueprints, and I've cropped the ones I have posted.

3. If a Disney official (or an admin or mod ) asks me to remove these, I will.

If it's more comfortable, you guys are welcome to PM me your replies instead.
    In response to your points above...

1.) Though you may have obtained them legally, whoever obtained them in the first place distributed them illegally. Therefore, you're still technically in possession of a legal item. (I don't have a problem with that....I'm just weary about pictures being posted publicly)

2.) The pictures are still of the blueprints themselves. Cropping them doesn't mean anything.

3.) Valid point.

FYI, I'm not trying to bash you in any way.....I'm just concerned about property such as this being posted online in a public forum.
    Last edited by 1FoolishMortal; 04-23-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• =)

No worries, 1FoolishMortal--I know you're not trying to bash me. You're right that his could become a problem. I'm just hoping that Disney will either not see this or have the common sense to realize that there isn't enough information here for anyone to do anything dangerous or design a copycat ride.

So...anyone able to help?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I remember being backstage when they were building Splash and seeing BARRELS of the blueprints set aside for us to toss in the trash...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• =)

Yeah, the enterprising soul who sent me these described a similar situation. From what I understand, blueprints were basically being tossed away to anyone who'd catch them. I'm amazed they haven't turned up online till now.

Anyone? PLEEEAAAASE? I'm getting close to groveling now...

• Golden Dreamer!

The track that I was refering to was the maintence track.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yeah, the enterprising soul who sent me these described a similar situation. From what I understand, blueprints were basically being tossed away to anyone who'd catch them. I'm amazed they haven't turned up online till now.

Anyone? PLEEEAAAASE? I'm getting close to groveling now...
    I wouldn't say to anyone that would catch them, I would say to anyone that would smuggle them out under a jacket or something similar. At the time it was more or less a choice of how long I wanted to keep my job.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• =)

All I know is that the man who sent me these blueprints was offered them by an executive when he was visiting his office during construction. Apparently, there were huge boxes full of layouts that they didn't need.

Anyone have any more input?

Those might be the single rider stairs in the second picture.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-07-2008, 07:15 AM
  2. 12-04-2008, 05:33 PM