Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• DisneyGirl

What was up with the parks yesterday?

We went to The Disneyland Resort to renew our passports yesterday 4/22/07. What a surprise!
    Disneyland closed at 4 pm to get ready for a private event for the "Travel Industry".
    Disneyland was crowded very early so that guests could tour before the 4pm deadline. California Adventure was open late- 11pm to make up for Disneyland's early closing.
    Although this was a surprise, we thought we could work the schedule and still enjoy our visit. However upon entering Disneyland we discovered much tacky lattice and tents had overtaken NOS & AL. So much that it ruined the beauty usually evident at disneyland and was utterly distracting!
    The "Host's" were out in force and so many areas were security restricted that the entire Disneyland Experience was disrupted.
    The Lattice and tents looked just like an outdoor SWap Meet with the charm and style of Disney completely lacking.
    Additionally, the cast was acting strangely distracted....
    Any others with odd experiences yesterday???
    Deb

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: What was up with the parks yesterday?

Well, there was proper warning on the Dland website, and here, and on all the other Disney themed sites and message boards. And I think they even mentioned it on the AP newsletter sent out. So why the surprise?

You just can't expect Dland staff to be able to set up stuff for a private party between park closing at 4 and the private party starting say, at 7. If you've ever thrown a big par-tay, you know it takes some time to get things ready. Dland is no exception.

The only people that should probably have any complaints would be non APers with no internet access who just showed up to enjoy a full day at the park. Other than that it was what it was.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Deb... you need to spend more time with us here!! Like O-nut said, its been the talk of MiceChat for a while, and posted several places!

Hang out with us and we'll keep you aware and informed of all the latest happenings!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

They even had signs up about it at the trams when I was there on Thurs and was in some newspapers as well. The only thing they didn't do was put it on the TV (at least I never saw it)

• DisneyGirl

I am so sorry I didn't see a reference when I visited on friday 4/20.
    I still don't know what was happening, could you give me clue to search??
    Also still think the set up for whatever event it was, was incredibly flimsy and cheap looking! Way below Disney standards!

• Comin' at ya!

Who was the private party?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

Travel POW WOW. It was a big tadah that went flop due to the rain (heavy mist) (hence a lot of tents to keep these big travel ppl dry) and also to serve food and such.
    Last edited by Tracy98; 04-23-2007 at 03:06 PM.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

There was a private party for the Travel industry. I am guessing the "booth" looking things they had set up were either: a-for the travel people to put out info or b-for maybe Disney to put out info on all their parks and such. We were there also, I didnt think it looked tacky, it just looked like they were getting ready for a private bash. Plus it rained a bit yesterday and into the evening, so hopefully it kept all the stuff that was under them dry!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDeb View Post
    Also still think the set up for whatever event it was, was incredibly flimsy and cheap looking! Way below Disney standards!
    They closed the area at 4 to finish setting and to probably put the finishing touches up then. It may have looked cheap when you saw it, but knowing Disney, it was well done by the time the guests arrv (I believe it was 7 or 8pm they were to come)

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I actually thought the crowds were really light yesterday.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Friday night they had the signs out by the trams and by security that they would be closing early Sunday. Sorry you missed them. There have already been some early morning trip reports posted and you will be able to see how empty the parks were at oh dark thirty.

• Banned User

So is tourism booming now or what?

• Minion

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ghlight=apr+22

I would bet the final set up looked pretty good. It never looks good during initial set ups. I was told by friends there were signs in numerous places saying the park would be closing early starting on Wed. Its been on the Disneyland website since Jan.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Basking in birthday love

The tents were to keep the food stations dry in the intermittent rain. That's right, they were serving food and drinks underneath ALL of those white tents. And the final decorations were absolutely amazing, they really did a great job.

I would also imagine that the white Entertainment schedule for the weekend would have listed the difference in operating hours, and would have been available starting Friday next to the maps at the entrance.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Lipstick is Power

I was there and thought it was great. Even though the park had a different look, the early closing kept the crowds away.

I love early closing days, and think they are one of the best times to go to the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast