Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• is on the rocks

Spidergrrrl's First Meet and Trip Report!

Okay, so I've been a Mice Chat member for a while now, and I always love reading the Trip Reports. Everyone always looks like they are having so much fun! It took me a while, but I finally got an AP, and then I read about PEZZ Lightyear's Sunrise Service Meet. At first I thought - "is he crazy? You've got to be kidding me! Nobody in their right mind would get up before the @$$-crack of dawn!" But at the same time, the thought was intriguing. Apparantly, the thought was intriguing to quite a few others as well.

You'll have to excuse the lack of photos - I was having so much fun that I kind of forgot to take many pics, and a lot of the shots I did take kind of sucked. Plus, I figured there would be quite a few photo-filled TRs circulating anyway.

We hung out in the parking structure because it wasn't even open yet! And got a nice surprise - commemorative magnets thanks to the efforts of Rixter and MickeyMaxx. After congregating in the parking structure, we parked in the Pinocchio lot (now that was a first for me!) and got to the gates in time for rope drop. First ride - Peter Pan! Yay! Then Mr. Toad, then we were off to take over Dumbo:

Sir Clinksalot looks pretty chipper for an early morning.

PEZZ Lightyear, on the other hand, is not looking quite so chipper.

Anders and Sunnygirl

After Dumbo, it was off to Casey Jr.

The obligatory "photo of someone taking a photo."

After Casey Jr. we hit the Matterhorn, then PirateMunkee, TikiRoomLiz and I split off to hit Space Mountain. Standby wait was posted at 30 min, but I swear it only took about 15. Okay, so maybe the early morning thing isn't such a bad idea!

After Space, we sort of caught up with the group at the River Belle Terrace for breakfast (they were finishing as we were starting) and then met up again for Haunted Mansion. And then it was time for an after breakfast Pooh!

I apologize, but I don't remember the name of the person who was giving me his opinion of Pooh (but I do remember that that's Mamabot on the right)

And then it was off to the now-famous canoe races. That was fun! It probably didn't hurt that I was in the winning canoe! We headed to the hub to meet up with more people before hitting Space Mountain (my second time!)

Hollywood1939 and a frowning Fishbulb

Space Mountain, take two! superstacie and I tried to give the guys in front of us antlers, with limited success.

Here is where things start to get a little fuzzy. I didn't take any photos between 10:30 am and about 3:30 pm because I was just having so much fun. I do remember wandering around a bit before hitting the hub for the "official" noon meet. Although that actually happened around 11 am. There as a Crazy Legs fan who was visiting from New Jersey, and a very nice Australian couple who joined us for part of the day. I just remembered being blown away by the thought of MiceChat bringing people from so many different places together at Disneyland. I do remember Fishbulb ending up with his head in my lap so I could play with his hair!

After the hub meet, it was off to the Hungry Bear for lunch. I remember hitting Pirates (where we were joined by Sadako and cpdisneyprincess), Haunted Mansion and BTMRR, where I got to try the goat trick for the first time. Oh, and I sat behind Scarlion - that was fun. We're going uphill! Yaaaaaaay! LOL

We hit the teacups, and then we were off to the monorail. Okay everyone - smile!

MAXandBELLESmom...with Max and Belle! Aren't they just the cutest?!!?!! They were real troopers, too.

Subs!

Mine! Mine! Mine!

After that, we hit Space Mountain one more time and then we were off in search of something to eat. We ran into Darkbeer and Deogge's Mom at the Esplanade, where he suggested the Cove Bar's Lobster Nachos. That sealed the deal for Mary Ann in Wndrlnd and me - we were now on a mission! After getting FPs for Screamin (10 pm return time! ) we hit the Cove Bar.

First things first - must have drinks! Mary Ann in Wndrlnd and hubby

DisneyIPresume

Hector - it was his recommendation to have an Alien Urine Sample. I know the name sounds disgusting, but OMG that drink was good! Spidergrrrl got sloshed.

Yummylicious!

Happy at the Cove Bar!

We had some time to kill, so we hit the MuppetVision 3D Show and then had some fun in the Animation Building. It was about 8:30 pm and things were definitely starting to wind down a bit. Our fearless leader PEZZ Lightyear had to go so we bid him good night. After the Animation Building, we hit the Mission Tortilla Factory.

Maseca!

We were hoping to watch the MSEP, but unfortunately, it was canceled due to rain. It was now 9 pm, I had just spent 15 hours at DL and I was ready to fall over. So I called it a night.

I have to say, this was the most fun I have EVER had at Disneyland. I got to meet soooo many great people. And to think I was nervous because I was off to my first meet and didn't know anybody! I don't know how to describe it, exactly - but I was really struck by how caring and conscientious and just wonderful everyone was. I felt so welcomed by everyone - it was fantastic. Many, many thanks to PEZZ Lightyear for organizing the day.

And that is my first meet and TR.

The end.
    Last edited by Spidergrrrl; 04-23-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: I forgot to thank Rixter and MickeyMaxx! D'oh!
    She did it!

• Oh my Goodness!

Re: Spidergrrrl's First Meet and Trip Report!

It was great to meet you - even if it was only for a short time! Riding Indiana Jones w/ the group was a blast! Hope to see you again!

Ahhh, that's who you were....

• Shablagoo!

nice first report. I'm glad you made a meet. They are terrific.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Great TR and great pics! It was so nice to finally meet you!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

Yay Spideygirl!

Great job on your first meet and frst trip report!

I can't believe Hector talked you into trying an Alien Urine Sample. Please tell me you haven't grwon hair on your chest or something worse!

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post

Maseca!
    Yes...

Nice TR...looks like I missed out. I couldn't drag myself out of bed that early...

Thanks for sharing!

• Main Gypsy

Awesome first TR!
    ...Alien Urine Sample...eh?
    Looks like you and a terrific time

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

What a great TR! You have a bunch of great pics - I especially like the Mission Tortilla one! So glad you had such a fun time!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Hey Spridergrrrl! It was great meeting you and having you join our happy little group! I'm so glad you had a fun time at your first meet, it was definitely one to remember. And, many thanks to you and your chocolate covered coffee beans for keeping us going!

Great report and thanks for sharing your pictures.

• Minion

Great first TR! Looks like you all had so much fun. I wish woke up early for this meet...

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by cpdisneyprincess View Post
    It was great to meet you - even if it was only for a short time! Riding Indiana Jones w/ the group was a blast! Hope to see you again!
    OMG - how could I forget riding Indy w/ Sadako as our driver! I told you things were getting fuzzy!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    nice first report. I'm glad you made a meet. They are terrific.
    Thanks! Yes, the meets are great. I can't wait to hit another one!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Great TR and great pics! It was so nice to finally meet you!

Thanks sunnyG! It was great to meet you and Anders too!
    She did it!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Such a fun report and great time!

Thanks for posting this amazing report!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Maseca View Post
    Yes...

Nice TR...looks like I missed out. I couldn't drag myself out of bed that early...

Thanks for sharing!
    OMG, I didn't realize there was a MiceChatter named Maseca!

Quote Originally Posted by Band_of_Gypsies View Post
    Awesome first TR!
    ...Alien Urine Sample...eh?
    Looks like you and a terrific time
    We did! I paid for it this morning, though! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    What a great TR! You have a bunch of great pics - I especially like the Mission Tortilla one! So glad you had such a fun time!!
    Yeah - I think that's my favorite pic of the night - I liked the different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    Hey Spridergrrrl! It was great meeting you and having
    you join our happy little group! I'm so glad you had a fun time at your first meet, it was definitely one to remember. And, many thanks to you and your chocolate covered coffee beans for keeping us going!

Great report and thanks for sharing your pictures.
    Thanks VF! I will always remember you and judimouse on the cel phones outside of Pooh! (wait - that was you talking to judimouse, right?)

If Dusty is known for his Pocky, I think I want to be known for my Choxie!
    She did it!

Nice TR! I'm glad I got to meet you yesterday!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast