Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: After almost 2 years, Its FINALLY up!

I have one of those in my office too. I have the 45th anniversary map in my bedroom. I have another 50th anniversary map for home but it's not framed yet. Barfownz, where did you get a frame the size of the map? I had to fold down part of the beautiful borders on both of my maps to fit the largest frames I could get at Target. I don't want to spend a fortune on a custom frame.

• Still lost in Neverland

You can measure the map, then go to any of those framing stores around and they have frames that are kits. You get one package of the longest size, and one pack of the short sides and then get a sheet of plasticene (it's cheaper than glass and unbreakable) take it home and frame it yourself. You screw one short side to one long side, attach the other long side, slip the glass in, then the map, then a piece of backing cardboard, and seal in all in with the last short side. Both the kits also come with the frame hangers and wire to go between them. It's will cost you about $20 for everything.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Very cool, I wish we would have gotten a few of those during the 50th.
    They had a stack of them at the Fullerton Disney's Character Warehouse a couple weeks back. I'd recommend calling them to see if they have anymore. I think they will ship them out to you--

Disney's Character Warehouse
    243 Orangefair Mall
    Fullerton, CA 92832
    714-870-9363

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMouse View Post
    What size frame is that? I still need one for my map.
    Aaron Brothers sells theatrical movie poster-sized frames (27x40). I have mine framed in one of those. There's a little extra space on the sides of the map, but nothing too bad. Hardly noticeable at all... If you hold out and wait for Aaron Bros' penny frame sale, you can get a good deal. Buy one, get another for a penny. How can you go wrong there?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I bet they are in the outlet.

Off topic, You were the honorary grand marshal of the parade?

Wat did you get? and how did you get picked?
    Yes I was - a year ago!

About 9:30am on a Sunday morning last May, I had just come out of the Opera House with my daughter and a friend and her daughter, and we were approached by a CM who asked us if we'd like to be in the parade. I had my mouse ears and birthday sticker on - dunno if that is what drew her to pick us, or if it was completely random. Seemed fairly random to me, although I bet there is a general profile - they probably wouldn't pick a group of goth teens over the "family and kids" image, though

We signed a bunch of paperwork ("we can use your image for anything if we decided to"... "if you hurt yourself duing the parade it's not our fault" etc) and were told to meet back in front of Small World at 2:30pm.

Upon our meeting, we were taken backstage (over where the parade comes out) and waiting just inside was the main street fire truck, decorated with these oval signs on the side with our names on them. We took lots of pictures (not official Disney ones, just with our own cameras), and they gave us standard 50th gold mouse ears to wear. A couple characters came out (mary poppins, bert, tigger) and played with the kids for a few minutes before we started out on the route.

The "Mayor of Main Street" rode with us and announced our names about every 20 seconds down the route to the crowd.

At the end, they led us up to the platform at the top of the stairs at the main street train station, and they had a couple of benches roped off for us to sit and watch the rest of the parade. There were some other contest winners of some sort up there too.

At the end of our day, we went to the Newsstand near the front gates, and we picked up the signs to take home. It hangs proudly in my daughter's room!

Certainly a magical birthday treat for me!

thanks for asking!

•   
    • Super Hero

I took a park map to a frame store and had them mount it on foamcore to hang up in the Boy Wonder's bedroom. They even put a couple of stick-on hanger uppers on the back of the foamcore. That was a few years ago, but it cost less than $10. It's really lightweight, so it can be hung up anywhere.

• Closed Account

Hmm! This is incentive to put ours up too. 35th, 40th, 45th, and 50th are all different sizes, sitting in the same Michael's frames, and still on the floor! Also WDW, DCA, Tokyo Disneyland, and EuroDisney!

Need to clip Michael's coupons and purchase more irregular sized frames!

• Knight that says Nee!!

We framed our map as well and hung it in the hall at the height that my kids can look at it. My son drags me to it very often to point out the various things he wants to see/do during our next trip, no matter how close or far away that trip may be. It was the best $7 I ever spent at DLR.

• Fighter Pilot

we bought I believe 3 incase we decide the need to sell one eventually

• Banned User

awsome

Nice to see someone's put their map up! (Mine is still safely stowed away, still figuring out just what I want to do with it!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12