Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Fishbulb presents "The Mystery of the Early Opening" 4/22/07 Trip report

Hey folks!With such a positive response to my Tarintino Style Trip Report, "Kill Tom"? I decided to give homage to another one of my favorite genres. Hope you enjoy it.

Dustysage and I planned a normal weekend with the gang, hanging at the Malt shop with Belle and Sirclinksalot, reading the newspapers for local mysteries. "Hey gang," Dusty said, "listen to this! It says here that Disneyland will open it's gates at 6:30am!" "Why are they doing that?" Belle asked, "How would I get my beauty sleep?"
    Dusty read further, "The paper says that the park will open at 6:30am, but it's gonna close at 4pm!"
    "What's with that?" SirClinksalot asked, "Won't they be losing money? And think of the line at City Hall. Not groovy at all."
    "Dunno. But something's fishy. And we need to investigate."? Dustysage demanded.
    Fishbulb then read the newspaper further, "It says here that PezzLightyear is getting the gang together to go have a "Sunrise Service" of the Church of Walt at rope drop."?
    "We'll be there." Dustysage said. "And we'll get to the bottom of this mystery."

Dustysage, Belle, SirClinksalot and I piled into our Mystery Machines and got to the parking structure by 6:00am where the gang was already gathering.

6:00am at the structure

Belle and SirClinksalot

The parking lot opened and we were guided out to park into Pinocchio.

A Tram was waiting for us and we met more MiceChat friends there. It was then that Rixter and MickeyMaxx handed out our first clue.

A Fridge magnet made by Rixter and MickeyMaxx

The trams were up and ready to go much earlier than normal, but so was Security. A line was already formed with people who were being forced to show up so early for a full day of fun.

Superstacie with Yoda in tow

MaxandBellesMom with Max and Belle

?

Pratt55 and JudiMouse were milling through the early morning crowd offering Doughnuts while Deeogee'sMom offered a healthy alternative. I LOVE FISHY SNACKS.

Pratt55 and Fishbulb with a banana

Almondot likes doughnuts

Spidergirl offers Pocky

Pezzlightyear was not so Pezzy so early, but then none of us were.

Sam and SuperStacie

The gates opened and soon we were inside the park at a suspiciously early time.

The Sluething group

After a big group pic of the early super sleuths CrazyLegs and Capt.Phoebus split up to get Fast Passes from Space Mountain for everyone.

The destination? Peter Pan for a little bit of flying fun.

Radiobarry stops for a pic

Main Street at the 6:30 am opening

Dustysage made his way up Main Street

The line was relatively short, but still, bay far, the longest in the park at the time. It was then that Savik101 joined the group.

Savik101 joins the crew

We then wandered over to the other ride that generally has senselessly large lines during normal hours; Dumbo.

Sam and I entered the line and were handed another clue.

"A feather. Now this Mystery has got me baffled."Sam said frustrated.
    "Me too. But I got a hunch about something."? I said.
    "Why did Old man Disney open the park so early and why is there a fake feather in my hand at 6:50 am in the morning?"
    "I've got a plan that might just work!" I said and we got on the spinning elephant ride.

Sam at the controls

Departing from the elephant, we met back up with Crazylegs and Capt.Phoebus who gave us our Space Passes with a return time of 7:30am-8:30am. Our MC Crew of early risers then rode the Casey Jr. Train. Although we ran into the Evil Monkey we had no luck with the mystery.

JustJohn and SimplySabrina

Hollywood1939 got on the train with us

EVIL MONKEY!!!!

SirClinksalot in a cage

Shasta Daises at Sunrise

Columbine

Pratt55 and her cool husband

Next it was time for Mr. Toad's Wild ride. I made the mistake of letting SuperStacie drive the car. We ended up in hell.

"Don't let me drive."

Our intrepid band of Mystery busters narrowly escaped the jaws of hell where we were told to "Leave Disneyland!", and "Don't try to solve the Mystery of the Early opening!" and we ran to the Matterhorn around the bend.

Again, I had to ride with SuperStacie. This time a Monster named Harold tried to get us.

Savik101 and Dusty

Judimouse

"An early opening, a black feather, and now an abominable snowman named Herald." I pondered. "I don't see how any of this is supposed to connect."
    "That wasn't a real Monster." SuperStacie argued, "I think it was just somebody trying to scare us away so that we would leave."
    "But why?" I querried.
    "I don't know." SuperStacie said, "But I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll find out soon."

SirClinksalot and Belle split off from the group to go look for clues in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye while the rest of us went to ride Pinocchio's daring journey.

Why is Pinnochio still wooden at the end of the ride?

"Where to next?" PezzLightyear asked. "We've been to London, The Matterhorn, The circus and still we don't know who or why the park opened early." "I've got a plan." Dustysage offered.
    "What's the plan?" Pezz asked.
    "SirClinksalot and Belle went to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye right?" said Dusty.
    "That's Right." Pezz said.
    "I say we follow them. They may just lead us to the key to this whole mystery."
    The group then cut through the Castle, and through the Hub into Adventureland when we saw our biggest clue yet.

White tents were everywhere. "What could this all mean?" I asked.
    "White tents mean an event." JudiMouse said.
    "A food event?" Grumpy4 asked.
    "Maybe," I answered, "Or maybe a big big party. Let's see if we can find SirClinksalot and Belle at the Temple."

Our group entered the Temple of the Forbbiden Eye through the exit because of refurbishment.

Our ride was rough, fun, and everything was in working order but still no SirClinksalot and Belle.

Our Adventures left us starving. So, after bribing me with a few Fishy snacks, Dusty convinced me to stake out a place for the group to sit and come up with a plan.

It was out on the terrace that I found SirClinksalot and Belle.

"What happened?" I asked, "Did you find any clues?"

"No," Belle answered nodding her head, "We looked in the temple and got scarred out by Mara. The whole ordeal made us hungry so we grabbed a bite. Where's Pezz?"

"Oh, he told us to go to Indy'' I said.

"Where is he now?" SirClinksalot asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't know. But I bet he knows why this park opened so early and why there are tents all around Adventureland and New Orleans square." I asserted.

Sam and Savik101

Hollywood1939 and Almondot

Mamabot and her kidbot. HAPPY BIRFDAY!

To be continued...

PART II NOW AVAILABLE HERE

Last edited by Dustysage; 04-24-2007 at 09:06 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Fishbulb presents "The Mystery of the Early Opening" 4/22/07 Trip report

And here is Dusty's video for the "Sunrise Service".

If you've ever wanted to know what a meet is like, this is a great video to watch. In 4 and a half minutes, you'll see what wonderful friendships this community has created:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8RiFFSX0tk[/youtube]

We had a great day with you all. Thank you!

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-23-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Re: Fishbulb presents "The Mystery of the Early Opening" 4/22/07 Trip report

Where is PEZZ?

I can't wait to find out!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh the most fun report from you yet!
    Can't wait to find out if the mystery ever got solved!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

More! More!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Dang awesome service report there Fishy, can't wait for the rest. And Dusty that was just a completely cool video. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Jinkies and Zoinks! What a great trip report.

Thanks Fishy and Dusty.

• Again! Again! Again!

I so love this so far!! I can't wait to see what happened next!

ETA: Dusty LOVE the video!!
    Last edited by Grumpy4; 04-23-2007 at 10:23 PM.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Senior Minion

Great report so far ... great pictures ... and great video!

• Senior Minion

Cool video Dusty the Sage. Thanks! Scooby Doooo!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

More more more please
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing Was a great day

We then wandered over to the other ride that generally has senselessly large lines during normal hours; Dumbo.

Judi Mouse looks SOO thrilled LOL

NICE PIX

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• All you need is LOVE

I think its great how many of us are up this late looking at all the photos

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Loved the video Dusty. Great stuff!
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast