Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Mentat

Great Feedback so far...I am staying at the HOJO in September...The part that appealed to me was that a shuttle didn't have to be ridden.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    We just booked two rooms in September at America's Best Inn and Suites on Ball Rd- we got a screaming deal on the rooms and they seem like the least creepy of the budget hotels. I was only able to find one review online, but it was a good one- if anyone else has stayed there, I would appreciate a review. I am already liking the customer service as I was able to negotiate a rate that is 50% off of what is advertised on their website and even better than any of the other rates published at travelocity, expedia, etc minus the booking fees and commission of those sites.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Best Buds

I've stayed twice at the Anaheim Hilton (for Worldcons/Disneyland trips) and once at the Howard Johnsons on Harbor Blvd. I think I actually prefer the HoJos.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    First off, CalTrans tore down the Spaghetti Station , and now has a "lot available" sign posted...

My favorite is the HoJo's, constant high marks at other sites like ThemeParkAdvisor.com and MousePlanet.com

Here is a link to discounted rates...

http://www.mousesavers.com/hojo.html

The best deal is a 15% discount to those who have a Disneyland AP (doesn't mater which type).

It is when I am choosing to stay for the July 15th thru 18th festivities.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

We usually just priceline a 3 star hotel for $50 a night. We have gotten the Hyatt in Garden Grove twice and the Mariott Suites in Garden Grove this past weekend.

It's ALOT cheaper than any of the good neighbor hotels, even with discounts and it's only 2 miles from the parks, and they do have shuttles.

• Man O Lantern

As Darkbeer already knows.....I'm a rabid HoJo fan. It's got gorgeous grounds, huge rooms, lots of storage, comfy beds, great customer service, two beautiful pool areas, and if you're in the right room, you can watch the fireworks from your balcony!! It's also clean clean clean!

Plus, if you use the entertainment card www.entertainment.com you can get rates as low as $45/night! We've stayed there four times and love it!! Two of those times we were there for 7 or 8 nights, and we were never crowded or cranky or sick of hotel living.

Another motel I like is Best Western Park Place Inn. Clean, close, and an okay continental breakfast.

Desert Inn and Suites is right across the street, too, and has been recently renovated. Crappy continental breakfast though. They screwed up our reservation when we were there....we were supposed to have a king suite, but we ended up in a ginormous two queen suite with a handi-cap accessible bathroom that was almost half the size of the room!! And we paid $44/night (the price quoted on their website). When I called, they were charging twice as much, but I read them their rates from their site and they gave it to me!

We've stayed at the Radisson....clean, concierge, reasonably close.

The Coast Anaheim was okay.....looong walk, very clean, gorgeous lobby, great view of DCA if you ask. They a have a bunch of fees though...fridge, parking, etc. Be sure to ask before you book. I've read of people getting screwed over there. I got super low rates through www.travelaxe.net I think I paid about $50 a night. I didn't love the place....and probably wouldn't stay there again, because I like other places better.

We've also stayed at an all suites place near Residence Inn on Clementine. I'm blanking on the name, but it was a dive with broken furniture. UGH!! And it's a newer place. Yech.

Hey stinkerbell, thanks for the tips... I timed the walk from the coast and it was 15 mins.. not horrible...but what seemed like the big plus about staying there was the poool area... it looked really nice... all the other hotels around there...especially the ones near the park have really lame-o looking pools... (like after-thought pools crammed in the middle of the parking lot practically)... since we're going in mid July and are going to want to be ocaasionaly 'escaping' the crowds every so often from the parks.. a cool pool area was kind of important to me... that's why the Coast loooked appealing. Any comments on this or other options??

• Yup, I'm a real princess.

I love the Carousel. Larger rooms, clean and so close! It's right across from Tomorrow Land.

The Del Sol should be avoided. It's behind Denny's so it's close and cheap, but tiny and not the cleanest. I like to stay really close!!

Don't know if they are good neighbors or not, but my 2 cents!
    I love Disneyland!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    We usually just priceline a 3 star hotel for $50 a night. We have gotten the Hyatt in Garden Grove twice and the Mariott Suites in Garden Grove this past weekend.

It's ALOT cheaper than any of the good neighbor hotels, even with discounts and it's only 2 miles from the parks, and they do have shuttles.

being a former employee of the Hyatt Garden Grove.......if you can book a room for $50 a night by all means DO IT!!!

that Hyatt is a four star **** not a 3 star priceline claims. Their shuttles usually run every half hour, most of the hotel is new, and is the one of the only hotels that has kids rooms (other than the DL hotels)

they have good resturants a stabucks, it very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cbkonczak
    Great Feedback so far...I am staying at the HOJO in September...The part that appealed to me was that a shuttle didn't have to be ridden.

No shuttle required at Candy Cane, either. It's a very short walk.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger68
    Hey stinkerbell, thanks for the tips... I timed the walk from the coast and it was 15 mins.. not horrible...but what seemed like the big plus about staying there was the poool area... it looked really nice... all the other hotels around there...especially the ones near the park have really lame-o looking pools... (like after-thought pools crammed in the middle of the parking lot practically)... since we're going in mid July and are going to want to be ocaasionaly 'escaping' the crowds every so often from the parks.. a cool pool area was kind of important to me... that's why the Coast loooked appealing. Any comments on this or other options??
    The Coast has a nice pool area. Very pretty, definitely!!! We were there in October, and not interested in swimming. The Coast usually costs more than HoJo, and I'd pick HoJo anyday! They have two pool areas now....if one's too noisy, go to the other area--they're not close by. HoJo is my very favorite neighborhood hotel.

I've read awesome things about that Hyatt on the review system on biddingfortravel.com!! I'd never use priceline without biddingfortravel!!!

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

We normally stay at the coast anhiem or the annebella both awsome places
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Aw....man !

We love the Carrousel...We always go off-season, so the rates are low, and it's a short walk to the parks. The only negative is the noise of people running back and forth (which is true of many places) and there's not enough parking, so sometimes you have to put your car in an unusual spot.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

HoJo's has been great for us for the last 3 years. Our feeling... if it ain't broke.... so we'll continue to stay there.

Short walk, close restaurant (Millie's), and top notch service!
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Ok. This one I have 50 cents on. Back in 99 we stayed at the Fairfield. Very nice place, except my poor buddy Chris had to sleep on the couch sleeper, and he wasn't too comfy. We also paid alot less then they want there now, and I don't think $109 a night is worth it now.

Stayed at the Hilton once for $71 a night. Totally worth it, even with the $12 parking fee. Great hotel, huge rooms, very nice pool area with bar, nice break away area from the parks.

Same with the Marriott as far as the pool goes, but the rooms are VERY small in comparison to the Hilton. I say if you can find a rate under $100 at either of these hotels though, it's very worth it. Just factor in the parking fee and the ART fees. They usually charge over $2-300 a night at these two, which is laughable to me.

The Coast I am mixed about. We had an uggggly room, old green carpet, dirty walls. The pool may be nice, but I wouldn't stay there again for what we paid. They also have a parking fee.

Stayed at the Ramada Maingate one night, only because our time was up at the marriott and we just didn't want to leave yet, so we popped in there, and the manager happened to help us...."Can I help you" he says. "Yes I was wondering how much for a room for the night?" "Well what were you thinking" He asks me. "Umm around $50" i say. "OK!" says he. They gave us a suite!! Bad thing about it tho, it smelled horrible, the bathroom was gross, I was afraid to even sleep in the sheets, so I slept on top of the comforter. Ug.

The Residence Inn is a wonderful place for families. We took 4 adults and wanted a kitchen. 2 q beds with full sofa sleeper, full kitchen, large fridge with freezer, and paid $139 a night. Great deal for a family with more then 2 kids, or those who would like to cook meals, save leftovers, or have frozen dinners.

And finally last year we stayed at the Anaheim Plaza. Eh.... Looked run down on the outside. pretty spacious on the inside with 1 king. We payed $49 a night so I can't complain toooo much. The only weird thing is all the pics I have seen on any website show the pool looking much nicer then it actually does. Sorry for the page of typing, I hope this helps ya'll.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast