Talking Taking son to Disneyland for 3rd birthday

We are taking my son to Disneyland for his 3rd birthday in July. We are going to do breakfast with the characters that morning and we got early enterance into Toon Town with the package we bought through Disney's website
    Can you guys recommend some "must do's" for us to help him have an awesome day.
    Thanks

• Oh my Goodness!

Re: Taking son to Disneyland for 3rd birthday

Oh, what a special birthday! Make sure you go to City Hall and get a birthday button for him right away. That will ensure lots of attention from characters and Cast Members alike.
    Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters is a lot of fun for the lil guys as is Pooh. Make sure you hit Turtle Talk with Crush over in the Animation Building in California Adventure if you are hitting that park as well.
    When I took my goddaughter for her birthday we got a hat and brought a sharpie and had all the characters sign her hat - it is still her favorite a year later.
    Take your time. Don't try to rush things. He will enjoy it more if you aren't running all over at a breakneck speed.
    Most of all - have a great time!! If you have any other questions, let us know!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Welcome to MiceChat, MM!

Another Phoenician! There are a lot of Phoenix people here.

The hat is a good idea, some people will have Characters
    sign a T-Shirt, Maybe get a special one at World of Disney,

Just being there, you'll run into lots of fun things for your son (that is after you take the advices above) that I recommend not really planning anything else as a must do. What I mean, he will never know if he missed something but he would sense the urgency and he might not want to be torn away from something that he is enjoying to do something you're afraid he'll miss. Nothing wrong with knowing what's out there, though, for when it is time to move on. With that in mind, I would suggest the Jedi Training Academy, Fantasmic (not by staking a spot, but by showing up shortly before the second show), It's a Small World, All the Fantasyland rides, Autopia (he can "steer" while you hold the pedal), Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain (if he's over 40"), Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, probably Tom Sawyer Island (but of course none of us know what it's like until it reopens), Jungle Cruise, and you already have Toontown covered.

• Defying gravity

Have you been to DL before?

I need an answer before I can give adequate advice....

Talking Re: Taking son to Disneyland for 3rd birthday

Yes we have been to Disneyland before. We were there in October with my mom and sisters and nieces and what not and got pulled in a million different directions. I want him to have the run of the day and not having to miss out on Dumbo because my 15 year old sister thinks thats a stupid ride or my mom thinks the line of 45 minutes is to long

Thank you all for your great ideas. I can't wait to take him over to see Playhouse Disney at DCA. He LOVES all those shows in the morning on tv. I can't wait see his face when he sees JoJo or Stanley or Bear

I really hope they make a big deal over him for his birthday. I remember growing up and my birthday was just another day of the week. I like to make his special

• Saving Wizard City :)

If you choose to dare to enter Innoventions, I would highly suggest talking with Stitch and if he'll sit through it... he might also like to see Asimo. Talking with Stitch is like turtle talk with Crush, except that you are guaranteed interaction with the character. My son is three and the last time we saw Crush, he was very upset that Crush didn't talk to him. I can tell you from experience that Crush tends to only select slightly older kids or kids who have a parent sitting with them on the lily pad. Not sure of your son's height, mine is very tall so can actually ride all rides at Disneyland except for Raiders (haven't fully explored DCA height limits yet). He is pirate obsessed, so pirates is one of his favorites. So much depends on the actual child though. Mine has been a great sport and will try every ride at least once, but let us know if he really doesn't like it. He also really likes Monsters, Inc and the muppet 3D show on the DCA side of things, as well as bug land, Crush and the Playhouse Disney show. It is difficult to know exactly what to suggest though since the height requirements will determine what is even an option.

Here's a link to a list of things to do for a birthday at the park. I hope your son has a wonderful time!

www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050412lp

• Sock Puppet

i would let him run the day since he is the birthday kid. Let him decide what rides to go on and so on. Have Fun

• Golden Dreamer!

Make sure to do Pirates! Also give him a b-day worker and guests may sing with workers.