• Banned User

1986 Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Commercial

Hi everyone. For all you MSEP fans, I found and posted a cool 1986 Disneyland commercial for you all. This will bring back some cool memories of the summers at Disneyland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvE8czhkHQw

Enjoy!

• Banned User

Re: 1986 Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Commercial

My how times have changed. Disney in 1986 was such a promising and hopeful time period...They must have been trying to re-brand Disney Productions as The Walt Disney Company.

The Disney behind that ad was much different than the Disney today.

Gosh I was 10 when that came out.......

ooh... cool!

So ominous... yet so friendly!
    Last edited by mrtommorrow; 04-24-2007 at 10:30 PM.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Queen Elsa

I have a question does anyone have any pictures of the Pinocchio Electrical parade float. I don't remember what it look like when it was still out. I hear they took it out because it had stuff in it for smoking is that true or not.

• official graffiti remover

great commercial, I remember seeing it many times. I think that one ran for a couple of years.

when I saw the DLEP again (now at DCA, which is probably not a bad idea) it was so much fun and brought back great memories. my gf was laughing at me, but I don't care
    The hard part living 2 miles from Angel Stadium, 4 miles from DLR is deciding what to do next.

Most recent visits:
    Sun 6/3/2007 (DLP)
    Thu 4/26/2007 (DCA)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I have a question does anyone have any pictures of the Pinocchio Electrical parade float. I don't remember what it look like when it was still out. I hear they took it out because it had stuff in it for smoking is that true or not.
    I will try to find some pictures for you. I performed in that unit for 3 years on and off so I know it well. It's actually the second time Pinocchio had a unit. The original with Monstro had the "I've Got No Strings" music and was scrapped many years ago. The replacement was actually 2 floats. The first one had a large Pink face representing the Fun House from Pleasure Island. On the second float was Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and Lampwick riding up front with recreations of other icons from Pleasure Island. In between on the concrete were the Pleasure Island Boys, dressed to look like 1/2 boy, 1/2 donkey, doing a choreographed routine. The music was the same song as before, but a much more orchestrated version that sounded like a large carnival/carousel organ. This was not removed for anything to do with the smoke from the cigar stacks. It was sent to Disneyland Paris after MSEP closed at Disneyland and used there, until Fantillusion took over. It never made it back to California. I would assume it's still in DLP's storage but hopefully not mothballed.

Thank you Ex-Small World for that awesome commercial!

• Tinkerbell's Place

WOW!! I loved the MSEP, infact I have a light from it when it "went away" for that stupid new light parade that didn't make it. Glad it's back but to me it'll always be the main street electrical parade and not disney's electrical parade like it's called now over in CA Adv. I vaguely remember that old pinocchio float. I was only 6 in 1986 tho,lol. Thanks for posting that clip!!! That's awesome!!

• Banned User

Talking Re: 1986 Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I will try to find some pictures for you. I performed in that unit for 3 years on and off so I know it well. It's actually the second time Pinocchio had a unit. The original with Monstro had the "I've Got No Strings" music and was scrapped many years ago. The replacement was actually 2 floats. The first one had a large Pink face representing the Fun House from Pleasure Island. On the second float was Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket and Lampwick riding up front with recreations of other icons from Pleasure Island. In between on the concrete were the Pleasure Island Boys, dressed to look like 1/2 boy, 1/2 donkey, doing a choreographed routine. The music was the same song as before, but a much more orchestrated version that sounded like a large carnival/carousel organ. This was not removed for anything to do with the smoke from the cigar stacks. It was sent to Disneyland Paris after MSEP closed at Disneyland and used there, until Fantillusion took over. It never made it back to California. I would assume it's still in DLP's storage but hopefully not mothballed.

Thank you Ex-Small World for that awesome commercial!
    To SpectroMan and everyone: Thanks for your compliments! I am so happy that I can share a era of Disneyland I miss and endear so much. I loved the Pleasure Island Boys myself and would have loved to have performed as one. They should re-insert this unit back to Disney's Electrical Parade. I have a photo of those guys from the Farewell Season that I can scan to share.

That just slays me...I remember that!

Thats was a great!

Matt

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2006 View Post
    WOW!! I loved the MSEP, infact I have a light from it when it "went away" for that stupid new light parade that didn't make it. Glad it's back but to me it'll always be the main street electrical parade and not disney's electrical parade like it's called now over in CA Adv. I vaguely remember that old pinocchio float. I was only 6 in 1986 tho,lol.
    Couldn't agree with you more!

(Uhh, except for the fact that I was, uhh, 30 in 1986 )

--Barry