Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Should "a bugs land" get squashed?

Just got done riding " Rockin Screamin" and was on my way to "TOT" and thought, they should get rid of "bugs land", & make it possible to walk thru.... maybe a bridge that you can walk over on, and add brand new awesome rides where " a bugs land" is?
    What do you think??

• Minion

Re: Should "a bugs land" get squashed?

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Just got done riding " Rockin Screamin" and was on my way to "TOT" and thought, they should get rid of "bugs land", & make it possible to walk thru.... maybe a bridge that you can walk over on, and add brand new awesome rides where " a bugs land" is?
    What do you think??
    There actually is a gate in Bugs Land that leads backstage that runs next to TOT but it's not kept open for obvious reasons. Whether they would rearchitect things to create a path is doubtful but you never know for sure.

And id you take out Bug's Land there won't be any rides that some of the littlest guests would be able to ride. Only one ride back there has a height requirement and it's quite low.

• Comin' at ya!

I went to bugs land once, never went back. Really meant for kids,something I think they should scrap.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    What do you think??

To quote Hopper: SQUISH HIM.

Ok well... don't demolish the thought, demolish everythin except the 3D movie. Everything else can go. A Bug's Land has the potential for a really amazing land full of themed attractions that ALL ages can enjoy. Little kids can still enjoy a dark ride through Ant Island or Bug City. But what's great is that adults can too!

Maybe what they should do is enclose A Bug's Land somewhat with faux dirt but leaving it open in the center so that the large outside world will never come into play. And if you Google Map 1313 Harbor Blvd, Anaheim CA and click on satellite view, you can see how much space is available BEHIND A Bug's Land for expansion. I know I know, that's meant for CARS or whatever. But I would be all for losing some CARS space if it meant having a DECENT land for A Bug's Life.

The Farmer's Market area perhaps should also go to the bugs. I want some real attractions in DCA dangit! The walk from Screamin to Tower of Terror is all too long.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I went to bugs land once, never went back. Really meant for kids,something I think they should scrap.
    So you're against having something that's aimed mainly at very young kids.

Perhaps you should explain.

BUgs land is fine for what it is, but I do think a tunnel from the Backlot to the bugsland would be awsome. that way you'd walk beneath the CM axcess and the Bugs theme would be strengthend.

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post

I don't think he needs to. The land is aimed at the lowest common denominator. Lower even. And the biggest crime is that it was on purpose.

Bumper Cars that aren't even as fun as REAL bumper cars? That's a slap in the face right there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I don't think he needs to. The land is aimed at the lowest common denominator. Lower even. And the biggest crime is that it was on purpose.

Bumper Cars that aren't even as fun as REAL bumper cars? That's a slap in the face right there.
    It's not a crime. It's intentionally to give the very youngest a chance to experience some kind of ride - as opposed to shows.

The Bumper cars - as we CM's know them to be the slowest in the world - are also intended to be available and safe for some of the youngest and smallest (it does have a height requirement).

And your face won't be slapped if you don't put it there. So, if it doesn't suit your desires then stay away but don't suggest that it ought to be denied to others because it doesn't satisfy you.

• MiceChat Moderator

It's not a crime. It's intentionally to give the very youngest a chance to experience some kind of ride - as opposed to shows.

The Bumper cars - as we CM's know them to be the slowest in the world - are also intended to be available and safe for some of the youngest and smallest (it does have a height requirement).

And your face won't be slapped if you don't put it there. So, if it doesn't suit your desires then stay away but don't suggest that it ought to be denied to others because it doesn't satisfy you.

You can have safe and fun attractions for all ages without dumbing it down. This isn't Bugs Bunny World at Six Flags where they try so hard to attract more families. It's a Disney park where the familes are already going. So give the families something more to chew on.

The smallest kids love Its a Small World. And it's also a hit with others much much older. To build something JUST for one specific age group is waste of space. They're cheap rides built without any imagination or creativity. I think even the smallest of kids would appreciate something amazing when they see it.

• Really!?

scrap it

i agree that it's aimed at the lowest common denominator
    2-year-olds don't really care about rides, give em a balloon & they're satisfied for the rest of the day
    anyone over the ages of 4 or 5 find it ... well ..... cheap & boring
    i've experienced this first hand with my nieces & nephews

and like coheteboy said
    The rides lack imagination & creativity, no effort at all

look at fantasyland, perfect for ages 0 - 200
    bugs land, perfect for ages 1-3

wooo!

scrap it
    Last edited by KonLuvsDL; 04-24-2007 at 11:35 PM.

My daughter was sooo disappointed that she was too short to ride the bumper bug thing. Then, as soon as she was tall enough, she was bored to death. There can't be that many parents out there that would feel that such condescending to their children in the name of safety is good. Even in spite of the wishes of parents who would want that for their kids, I advocate for the children: Kids are not that lame! Give the kids a REAL ride or give us all a real attraction to share.

• Animatronic

A kid is only very young for a very short period of time. I think DCA should stick to the ideals set by Walt. Rides that parents don't have to watch their kids enjoy. Rides that kids will still enjoy when they have kids. I loved Pirates at the age of 4. I mean I really loved it. Oh man it was neat. My parents enjoyed it too. I enjoyed my parents enjoying it. My Grand Parents enjoyed it too. I'm seeing a trend here. Keep the kids only stuff out of DCA and Disneyland. Let Chuck E. Cheese have that stuff.

• Hillary scares me.

It's my understanding that Disney doesn't own the land that is the Timon parking lot. These are under long term leases with at least two different parties, which is why nothing was built on them for DCA. So how exactly would Disney expand A Bug's Land - or DCA for that matter? It doesn't give them much negotiating room if there's permanent attractions and/or structures when the leases are up.

A Bug's Land was a sad attempt at making a "kid's area" that literally has no room for improvement. They'd be better off with relocating Toontown since it fits with the California theme. Then they could just jam a ton of kiddie rides in there with character themes and build something else in Disneyland. But that'd never happen since Disney wouldn't see much of a return on the relocation investment.

Looks like we're stuck with the mall rides for a very long time.

• Really!?

Yea!

• Really!?

i mean...... oh no........

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast