Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Seance

The Seance

Been thinking about the new additions and changes to the much loved Haunted Mansion.

And suddenly I was struck by something...(OUCH)...in Madame Leota's Seance room, I understand there are no more floating instruments (objects floating about the room in response to her supplications)...so, when she 'invokes the spirits'...are there any responses to her calls of...music from regions beyond, ringing a bell etc?

Do the sounds still respond even though the instruments are no longer there?

Curious.
    -Prof. Griffin

• potterday.org

Re: The Seance

I rode the Mansion on Monday. I assure you that the seance room did have floating objects.

Of course, now that Madame Leota's head floats the projection on her head is a little off-center, thus diminishing the overall effect of a projection on a sculpted surface, but that's another thread altogether.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• It's all nonsense

Aren't there floating terot cards in there now?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Aren't there floating terot cards in there now?

The floating tarot cards are for the Holiday overlay only.

Chad

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think the op meant floating musical instruments.

I do think there is a harp. I don't remember if the bell or the trumpet is still there.

And the floating tarot card is only during the HMH overlay.

• Saving Wizard City :)

I know I saw/heard the bell on Sunday... so I believe the instruments are all still there.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I think the op meant floating musical instruments.

I do think there is a harp. I don't remember if the bell or the trumpet is still there.

And the floating tarot card is only during the HMH overlay.

Yes on Bell and Trumpet. Not sure about harp but there certainly was one there.

Chad

• Comin' at ya!

Yeah, they're there.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

THANKS! For some reason I thought the instruments were removed. I'm glad to hear that they are still floating in the air around the disembodied Medium.

My son's very first trip through the mansion will be this June...(his first DL trip was last Feb but the Mansion was not open) and I was hoping the instruments would be there.
    We have listened to and looked at the 33 album (that I've had as a kid) and he really loved the idea of the floating instruments. He's very excited about seeing the GHOSTS!

And I love the fact that he'll get to see them....

(Yes, I've explained that the Hatbox Ghost has mysteriously DISSAPPEARED.)

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

How old is your son? I know of two people (myself included) who when very young (eg. 5 yo) were scared to death of it.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

My son is 5...(he'll be 6 in December).

Yeah, I really don't know what his reaction will be. He's excited about it...and we've talked about the GHOSTS inside.

I would never spoil the magic and illusion so for now, the Ghosts are REAL...but are friendly and will do nothing to harm us.
    I think then BLACKOUT in the stretch rooms will be the tough one to get over...once in the relative safety of the DOOM BUGGY...I think we'll be ok.

Last February, he rode everything he could (including Space Mountain...he's a tall child) and was good with everything. He was afraid of the Yeti in the Matterhorn but we made a game of sticking our tounge out at Harold as we passed...we rode the Matterhorn many times.

In 1999, my honeymoon was spent at Disneyland and during our many rides through the mansion, my wife and I saw a father and his young son. The boy was clinging in his father's arms in the Gallery and after the blackout, he was crying and begging to "leave this crazy place!" The father (being a good daddy) found a cast member together they left the Mansion, as his son requested.

We smiled and jokingly told ourselves that because I LOVE the Mansion so much, that I was destined to have a child like that. Now, my son will go into the Mansion...brave and determined to see the GHOSTS...I'm pretty sure he'll be in my arms in the gallery...

Secretly I want him to be a 'little' scared...after all, it makes it all the more real. But if he freaks out and wants out, I will of course respect his wishes.
    But knowing him...I'm sure he'll be just fine.

• Neep meep beep

All the instruments are in the seance room, as far as I can tell - a tambourine, a drum, a harp, a trumpet...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Be careful. I grew up here so of course I went on there when I was really little. I am 38 now. But when I went on the first time, I had to sleep with the light on for over a year! Just forwarning you...

I must have been 8 or 9 that I was able to ride it again. It turns out a freind of my parents worked on the air conditioning system and they had me go with him and he told me how everything worked. He said he got to see them working on it while he was installing the air conditioning. I am sure he didn't know about everything, and that he didn't observe them in the imagineering process, but it was enough to convince me that it was all fake!

Thanks again...but I'm pretty sure he'll be ok.

I am a television Horror Host for Fangoria TV. I have a rather large collection of classic monster memorabilia...and images of monsters, ghosts, and ghouls adorn my Monster room.

I say these things only to mention that he (my son) has grown up around these images...and never has had a problem.

He's not immune... the Godzilla enemy Megagirus gave him nightmares as did TALOS from Jason and the Argonauts. And that's ok. I highly encourage the experience of 'fear'. Not in a cruel or excessive way...but in that Halloween spirit that cause us to gaze in dread and wonder at the things in the October night.

So...I agree with you, and believe me...I'm planning his first trip to The Haunted Mansion CAREFULLY, but you never know what will cause him to say..."Let's get out of this crazy place!"

LOL Thanks again.

I wanted to follow up my own post with a postscript. I wanted to point out that he has NEVER been exposed to the more adult horrors that are associated with my company's brand name. (Fangoria). I would NEVER expose him to that so young.

No, his limited horror movie experience includes Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein and the Harryhausen Sinbad films/Jason/Clash of the Titans.

Just to be clear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast