When Will the Kodak Sponsor End for HISTA

I know a lot of you are always concerned about theme and stuff and I know nobody here likes Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. But, that pre-show of theirs just...sucks. I mean, if you were a first timer to a Disney park and you went into the waiting area for this attraction, I'd be confused. You see a really boring, but heartwarming show about the "magic" of kodak memories. They make the movie so damn emotional, you might as well cry when that dog returns to the boy. So, you're feeling really happy for the boy, laughing at the girl who kissed the frog, and blessed by the girl with the white dove. Then you go inside the Magic Eye Theatre and you see the show has nothing to do of what you just saw. Suddenly you're being shrunk by Rick Moranis (I can't spell his character's last name)? What the heck does this have to with heartwarming Kodak memories?

I like the old preshow better, at least it prepped you for things-to-come. Isn't that what pre-shows are supposed to do? In Muppet Vision 3d, you see them getting ready for the show, and it's funny (Probably funnier than the show itself). In Tower of Terror, the Library sets you up for the anticipation of the ride. Even Rocket Rods (may it be blessed) had it's preshow with modes of transporation, both past, present and future; and it fit well with the attraction and the theme of Tomorrow. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience makes you wanting to buy Kodak film to trying to get your legs up because there's mice under your feet.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: When Will the Kodak Sponsor End for HISTA

Have corporate check the contract.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Kodak has been a sponser of Disneyland since day 1 so don't look for them to go anywhere fast. I am sure that HISTA's days are getting fewer and fewer but don't look for a change to the pre-show before it leaves. They updated both ours and the one in Epcot around the same time a few years ago, so again no time soon should you see a change.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Boogers are salty

How about getting rid of HISTA all together, what does a so so movie from 1989 have to do with the world of tommorrow, but i digress, thats a topic for another thread

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Personally, I think the Kodak commerical is much better than the actual show. I'd stand in the que just to watch the commerical and then leave as soon as the doors open.

By the way, there is a little preshow setup right after the Kodak commerical to get you in the mood for HISTA.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    I know a lot of you are always concerned about theme and stuff and I know nobody here likes Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.
    Well, somebody here likes HISTA -- me! I certainly don't dislike it. I still go in there every now and again, but it's stale. Its time is past because we've all been seeing it for too long now. It isn't Captain EO, but it isn't terrible either.

Kodak could stand to breathe a small bit of life into this stale attraction with an interesting pre-show, though.

Hopefully, when they decide to swap out HISTA, Disney will create a more immersive pre-show experience.

• Huh?

Here's the video they should be showing:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz6XjXu-oT8[/YOUTUBE]

-Tim

The reason for no update is that Kodak will not pay for it right now. The only thing good with Kodak now days is the photo paper. Don't get me started on how bad a Kodak digital camera is.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

That video's got my vote!
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Yeah Kodak's having a hard time, don't think they'll be the sponsor any more. Too bad cause I hate it as much as I Heart Disneyland does.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

If you look up the word BOREDOM in the thesaurus, it gives H.I.S.T.A. as an alternate term.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I worked HISTA for three years and I think it is ONE BIG KODAK commercial!! It has NOTHING to do with the show, I agree. It's a place where they can advertise their product.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I love that show..... misters could be fixed... but it is cool. the CM's working there could also come up with better announcments when something goes wrong. the most recent time we went there, the doors wouldn't open, so a CM comes up and says " sorry folks, someone appearntly... ummm, is still shrunk inside... and uh, we wouldn't want anyone to step on them... so uh, just wait here until we find them.... ummmm, we are sorry for the delayment... "

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I hate it... are we both talking about the same show?

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    I love that show..... misters could be fixed... but it is cool. the CM's working there could also come up with better announcments when something goes wrong. the most recent time we went there, the doors wouldn't open, so a CM comes up and says " sorry folks, someone appearntly... ummm, is still shrunk inside... and uh, we wouldn't want anyone to step on them... so uh, just wait here until we find them.... ummmm, we are sorry for the delayment... "
    I come up with:

"We are finding shrunken mice."

"Professor Szyalinski blew up our power generator and lost power."

"We are still cleaning up inside in preparing for the presentation, it will be a while."