height restriction differnces

why are there differnet heght restictions for both indiana jones and dinosaur?
    i also noticed different hight restrictions for both tower of terrors.
    and even at other parks. universal orlandos jurrasic par ride has a different height restriction than universal hollywoods jurrasic park, why?

it made my daughter extreamly upset when she had gone on tower of terror in orlando. then a year and a half later could not go tower of terror in california. it also made me very upset. she calls that ride the up and down ride. she was four when she went on it origanally. we went on it 5 times. it made her cry as she pleaded to the cast member that it was her favorite ride and she had already been on it.

• Circle of Ancients

Tower of Terror in FL and CA are both 40".

Indiana Jones is higher than Dinosaur because of the intensity, I would guess.

As for Jurassic Park? I have no idea. I just know that height requirements for rides are higher in CA than in any other state. Even for the same exact ride.

Example:
    Montezooma's Revenge at Knott's is 48" (It used to be 42")
    Greezed Lightning at Six Flags Astroworld is 42"

Now the rides are EXACTLY the same. Same manufacturer, same layout, same restraints (Knott's version has seatbelts, Astroworlds does not). Does this mean that kids are 42" are not safe on Knott's version even though they would be safe on the Astroworld version? Not at all, it just means that the CA parks have had to become overly anal about things like this because of lawsuits.

It sucks.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Yes, it's the intensity of Indy. DINOSAUR used to have a MUCH higher height requirement (I think it was actually 48"). Back then, it was called Countdown to Extinction (a much better name). When they changed it from CTX to DINOSAUR, they made it more tame and lowered the height requirement. As for the Jurassic Park rides, they aren't identical. Orlando's version sucked to me...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Wonderful World

Jurassic Park gives me bad memories.When i was like 8 i went on the ride and got my finger stuck in the turnstile.I pulled out and ripped my nail and some of my skin right off and i was bleeding EVERYWHERE.I still have the scar to this day.If my parents would of sued we would be rich but they didnt

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    Jurassic Park gives me bad memories.When i was like 8 i went on the ride and got my finger stuck in the turnstile.I pulled out and ripped my nail and some of my skin right off and i was bleeding EVERYWHERE.I still have the scar to this day.If my parents would of sued we would be rich but they didnt
    AHHH Oh my gosh!
    I could see it happening in my head, ouch that's got to hurt! That Sounds So Freaky!
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• The one, the only...

Sounds like we need a height restriction on turnstiles.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

JP in Hollywood is shorter than FLA's......

FLA is taller but was built cheaper (due to IOA's budget getting too much...)

hence why FLA got some efects changed.. and some dont even work...

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    JP in Hollywood is shorter than FLA's......

FLA is taller but was built cheaper (due to IOA's budget getting too much...)

hence why FLA got some efects changed.. and some dont even work...
    JP Hollywood's drop is 84 feet

JP Orlando's drop is 85 feet,

Big freakin' whoop...
    Last edited by CoasterMatt; 06-15-2005 at 08:15 PM.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    The height requirement of the ride deals with the fact of how a child's skull is set in place. The skull (at the age of 4) is still not fused together and more intense rides could trigger brain damage with all the jostling about. By the time a child grows to 4' or 6 years, the skull will have fused enough to protect the brain.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    The height requirement of the ride deals with the fact of how a child's skull is set in place. The skull (at the age of 4) is still not fused together and more intense rides could trigger brain damage with all the jostling about. By the time a child grows to 4' or 6 years, the skull will have fused enough to protect the brain.
    Not fused by age 4? Yes it is...certainly in all of the skulls I have seen (and, being a neuroscience major, that's quite a few)...by the time kids can crawl (and touch their heads) their skulls had better be fused or we would have about 90% of the population w/ major brain damage. The issue at the younger age is development in general. Everything is developing and is therefore much more susceptible to damage due to trauma.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    ...by the time kids can crawl (and touch their heads) their skulls had better be fused or we would have about 90% of the population w/ major brain damage.
    I've seen enough posts on message boards that make that number sound about right