Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 4/24 photos - ESPN Zone getting an ownership change, more "Sub Bus" photos and mo

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    the bus is going to tour the nation first starting in canada then heading down the westcoast and then heading eastward. Basically its to advertise for the new nemo sub ride and one one side of the bus, the side lifts up to show a aquarium with crush who you can talk to, same technology used in the parks. and the seagulls will move around and say mine! also they plan on having nigel the seagull on the bus as well.
    From what I have heard the "bus" is more or less a showroom for Nemo. It is the newest Year of A million Dreams giveaway. If you win, you get to go backstage and you can pretend you are in the submarine voyage and on the sides the new show will be playing as if you are going through the entire ride. There is a new commercial that promotes being one of the first to ride Nemo. Now from what I have heard this is where they are sending the winners since they can't go in the submarines yet. Now can someone confirm this 100%?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: 4/24 photos - ESPN Zone getting an ownership change, more "Sub Bus" photos and mo

The bus is basically a Travelling Turtle Talk With Crush, one side of the bus opens up to show a large TV screen and the bus will driven across the country to promote the new ride and Disneyland in general.

As for the YOAMD winners, 3 people will be picked early morning on Sunday, June 10th by the Dream Patrol and be invited to take themselves and three others (aka family members) to attend the Press Opening later in the day. They will be used as "props" during the Press Ceremony.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Popular Princess

great pics as always! thanx for helping me get my DL fix for the week once again!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Neep meep beep

How can there be a change of ownership - doesn't ESPN, and the ESPN zone restaurants, belong to Disney?

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    to build walkways from the sub show building

maybe I didn't understand the question or the answer,
    but
    from how I'm seeing it
    Isn't the exit for the Sub ride pretty far from where the walkways are?
    They've been working on that area way before the green light on the sub ride.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The bus is basically a Travelling Turtle Talk With Crush, one side of the bus opens up to show a large TV screen and the bus will driven across the country to promote the new ride and Disneyland in general.

As for the YOAMD winners, 3 people will be picked early morning on Sunday, June 10th by the Dream Patrol and be invited to take themselves and three others (aka family members) to attend the Press Opening later in the day. They will be used as "props" during the Press Ceremony.
    Thanks for clearing that up! Ill take your word over what I've heard. I'm getting really sick of this winning always going to random people who CAN'T CARE LESS about winning. So then how do you get to go see the bus or is that prize too?

Great pics, Darkbeer! Is there any type of itinerary that's been announced? I haven't seen anything on it.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Sub Bus has not been announced, if it wasn't for my photos, it wouldn't be even discussed in public (Some CM's have seen it backstage in the last few weeks).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Darkbeer, I tip my ears to you!

I would think that they would start to publicize it soon, though. Maybe they're waiting until after May 19th and the Pirates premiere.

• Main Gypsy

Nice update! Thanks for those

• Beep Beep!

Great pics DB!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    How can there be a change of ownership - doesn't ESPN, and the ESPN zone restaurants, belong to Disney?
    Just a guess but I would say that the ESPN location at DD is a franchise. DD likely leases the building to the franchise owner. I am not sure that DD is owned by Disney. It may be an owner with Mall management expertise.

Disney spreads the risk by making somebody else use their money to build everything, hire everybody and operate everthing and they get their franchise fees in return for the Disney affiliation.

Not to be negative about ESPN but I USED to go there a lot. The formula 1 simulator was broken 4/5 of the time so I stopped going. Then my ESPN card with nearly $100 credit on it was zero'd out. It seems one has only a certain amount of time to use the credits. It had been about 10 months.
    That was it for me.

Perhaps the new owners will operate their business more diligently.

• Sock Puppet

I want that bus. It's a Twinkie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12