• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

Bountiful Valley Placemaking

I actually had an idea of a small cheap plus, Disney could add to the Bountiful Valley Farm area.

The area is probably the least busiest one of the entire resort. And ever since Flick's Fun Fair was put in, it lost its agricultural theming to giant plastic bugs in the planters. And lets be honest, has anyone really ever read those displays near the farm stage?

So I thought of an idea that could bring back the theme of California Agriculture (a long time ago, California used to be the theme of that there park :-P).

How about a maze that uses from the planters, Irrigation Station, the old Tractor lot, and the Farmers Expo stage?

Some of the maze's walls could be planters that grow california crops, bales of hay, Farm crates, farm equipment, anything really.

Then inside the maze you could put those displays so that people might actually read them. Imagine making your way through the maze, to find the "Cowlifornia" cows blocking a particular route. You could also put those Kellog's farm toys in there, so that people eating at the Farmer's Market wouldn't have to hear them so often.

It could be a fun little walk through that wouldn't cost much to build, or take down, once they were ready for expansion.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Bountiful Valley Placemaking

/\
    Maybe for the HALLOWEEN promotions, it could be sort of a "Country Fair" theme. Disneyland had a successful "STATE FAIR" style promotion that even included a Ferris Wheel on Main Street USA. Why not do something along those lines, as a temporary seasonal attraction.

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Bountiful Valley Placemaking

Quote Originally Posted by NCTJoe View Post
    I actually had an idea of a small cheap plus, Disney could add to the Bountiful Valley Farm area.

The area is probably the least busiest one of the entire resort. And ever since Flick's Fun Fair was put in, it lost its agricultural theming to giant plastic bugs in the planters. And lets be honest, has anyone really ever read those displays near the farm stage?

So I thought of an idea that could bring back the theme of California Agriculture (a long time ago, California used to be the theme of that there park :-P).

How about a maze that uses from the planters, Irrigation Station, the old Tractor lot, and the Farmers Expo stage?

Some of the maze's walls could be planters that grow california crops, bales of hay, Farm crates, farm equipment, anything really.

Then inside the maze you could put those displays so that people might actually read them. Imagine making your way through the maze, to find the "Cowlifornia" cows blocking a particular route. You could also put those Kellog's farm toys in there, so that people eating at the Farmer's Market wouldn't have to hear them so often.

It could be a fun little walk through that wouldn't cost much to build, or take down, once they were ready for expansion.
    I actually LIKE this idea; let the displays be 'Discovered', and they might get more attention; something for families and kids to do together, and a cheap overlay to an existing semi-attraction. Good Work! Go grab yourself a free tortilla at the Wharf...

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Bountiful Valley Placemaking

I also thought of the "County Fair" theme to be more in FFF. Or should I say, "Flik's County Fair". Something like that... anyways, add more theme to it to make it more like a Bug-sized county fair. More features of fruits & vegetables and the like.

The maze idea is pretty much what I had in mind for a queue to a tractor-pulled (tractors maybe to look like the cow-tractors from the movie CARS) tour. Show building looks like a greenhouse. Basically edu-tainment about the history and future of CA agriculture. Kinda like EPCOT's THE LAND. But no fish and alligator farms. AA workers. A peek inside an irrigation system to get sprayed on a bit. At the exit, buy fruits from the fruit cart. Maybe from inside the attraction itself.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park